Why did they feel the need to change so much in TV for Season 2?

Lady Arianne Martell

It's the apologists! they've got these crazy mind control devices, you have to warn-"cough" I really think Talisa was one of the best changes from the books, I hope they give her a larger role. :P

Yes, we do have powers beyond the ken of mortal men. Hey, it even rhymes. Would you look at that!

Ummmm...NO. This would ruin everything. I'm sure they'll just send a fake Arya, it doesn't have to be Jeyne though.

Yes, it would ruin EVERYTHING and I would have to stop watching because they didn't have fake Arya, which would RADICALLY ALTER THE ENTIRE STORY and it would suck.

I was only implying they'd skip the sexual stuff since Arya is underaged and the actress that players "Arya" (if it's not Talisa) will probably be as well.

They could just use a double and imply it. In the Exorcist they used a double for when Regan masturbates with the crucifix. I think if this kind of thing is left in it will be implied (like it is in the books), but there are ways around it.

How can Jeyne Poole be one of anyone's favourite characters? She says like 5 things in the entire series and is in a catatonic state for most of her scenes. That's like saying that one of your favourite characters from Star Wars is Luke's Aunt Beru.

Man, I LOVE how Aunt Beru is able to talk without matching her lips, and that blue milk she made - awesome. When she showed up was the highlight of the prequel trilogy for me. I was so pissed when she got charred.

How can Jeyne Poole be one of anyone's favourite characters? She says like 5 things in the entire series and is in a catatonic state for most of her scenes. That's like saying that one of your favourite characters from Star Wars is Luke's Aunt Beru.

I just really really really feel sorry for her y'know. I always automatically love anyone who is being abused.

It's the apologists! they've got these crazy mind control devices, you have to warn-"cough" I really think Talisa was one of the best changes from the books, I hope they give her a larger role. :P

Unless you believe they can have Rob divorce Tulisa and then introduce Jeyne and have them get married (all before the RW) then you have to adapt based on what's been on the tv screen.

Based on real life labour laws, the limitations of television, the difficulties of doing a fake Arya storyline on screen, a logical way of developing the story is to have Tulisa take the place of fake Arya.

No mind control needed - just pure, simple, vulcan logic

Unless you believe they can have Rob divorce Tulisa and then introduce Jeyne and have them get married (all before the RW) then you have to adapt based on what's been on the tv screen.

Based on real life labour laws, the limitations of television, the difficulties of doing a fake Arya storyline on screen, a logical way of developing the story is to have Tulisa take the place of fake Arya.

No mind control needed - just pure, simple, vulcan logic

It seems you missed my humour there. I wish Talisa had never bit written, but she has so they might as well do something interesting with her. I agree she should take Jeyne Poole's role. We were merely commenting over how uncharacteristic it was of me. :P

It seems you missed my humour there. I wish Talisa had never bit written, but she has so they might as well do something interesting with her. I agree she should take Jeyne Poole's role. We were merely commenting over how uncharacteristic it was of me. :P

I'm defending our logic and arguments rather than the ability of our mind control techniques

S1 was perfect.

S2, Most of the changes pissed me off. HBO knows they got a hit so they are going to make it appeal to a larger audience, that includes ultra simplifying everything.

The lack of Northmen around Robb, such as the Greatjon, Flints, Mormonts, and Manderlys scares me about how the RW will be depicted. His banner-men are a massive part of the whole tragedy. Honestly the only reason Im still watching the show is I want to finally see the RW on screen, so that worries me more than anything about S2.

S2, Most of the changes pissed me off. HBO knows they got a hit so they are going to make it appeal to a larger audience, that includes ultra simplifying everything.

The lack of Northmen around Robb, such as the Greatjon, Flints, Mormonts, and Manderlys scares me about how the RW will be depicted. His banner-men are a massive part of the whole tragedy. Honestly the only reason Im still watching the show is I want to finally see the RW on screen, so that worries me more than anything about S2.

Chillity-chill-chill!

S1 was perfect.

Hmm, you said that S1 was perfect but that's the season that compressed all of Robb's bannermen into one guy (The Greatjon). S2 has at least introduced the Boltons and Karstarks into the mix to expand on the S1 simplification.

And honestly, if you believe that a massive part of the RW was not what happens to Robb and Cat but the fate of his previously only namechecked bannermen, then I don't know what to say. Some fans are so fucking weird about what they think is important. Based on your name, I'm going to assume that you just want to see the Greatjon and the rest of your complaints are just to service this one perceived injustice.

Archived