Darkstar Appreciation Thread

Brony Stark

I don't hate Darkstar. Even if he is a raging egomaniac, the fact that he considers himself in the discussion with Arthur Dayne means he can probably fight a bit. Arianne's sole purpose for including him was his reputation as a warrior.

As for his failure to kill Myrcella, I wonder if Darkstar was Doran's informant. It seems like Doran favors long games. Perhaps, he figured a wounded Myrcella and a dead KG would start the conflict he needed or at least, buy Quentyn time to reach Dany.

Also, I doubt Swann will survive his quest to kill Darkstar. With Obara behind him and Darkstar in front, I doubt he'll last too long?

Finally, Doran's "most dangerous man in Dorne" comment might mean that Gerold Dayne knows more about Doran's plans than any other man in Dorne.

I'm a brony. That was the day I learnt Haters Gonna Hate. I got brave soul written all over me.

hah it's cool, if you get your jollies by watching cartoon ponies more power to you. I just think starting a Darkstar appreciation thread on this board is like the movie the warriors, you're waaaaayyy behind enemy lines here buddy. But i respect your grit.

Stark children have pet direwolves, Targaryens have pet dragons; Darkstar has a pet cthulhu.

After Darkstar visited the Westerlands, the Lannister motto changed to: "Hear Me Cry".

Sandor Clegane is afraid of fire. The fire is afraid of Darkstar.

'The Seven' used to be the main gods of Westeros. Now, they are called 'the eight', counting Darkstar.

Like another dark knight, he's the hero that Westeros deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

So now Ser Balon Swann will hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

The most dangerous man in Dorne.

The source of the unthinkable power of that great enigma known only as “Darkstar” is easy to discern.

There are three kinds of great people in this world—those who inspire fear through their mighty intellects; those who gain power through superior fighting prowess; and those who (most potent and fearful of all) control all those around them (men, women, children, beasts, inanimate objects) with their scintillating sex appeal. One needn’t look to far to discern which of these categories Darkstar belongs to. His power rests not in the temporal gifts of intellect and physical skill; but in the lasting power of sex appeal. In short—he’s just that hot.

We first witness Darkstar’s raging power when, with a single look and a none too witty line, he forever ensnares the intelligent, determined Arrianne; bending the unknowing maiden to his own mighty (and sexy) will. Arrianne thinks she is working for herself; but from the moment the good Ser Dayne announces, “I have to take a piss,” she is clearly ensnared in the hypnotic masculine charms of this violet-eyed charmer. For the Darkstar Arrianne is willing to give up her character, ideals, power, and position; for Arrianne Darkstar is willing to give temporary access to his penis. Is there any doubt that, under the circumstances, this is a perfectly fair exchange?

Nor is it only women who are prey to the Dark one’s sexy charms. Clearly Areo Hootah, who is (according to Arrianne) “terrible when aroused,” is being influenced by Darkstar’s boyish charms when he bungles his job enough to let Myrcella almost be murdered. Clearly, Hootah (who is, once again, “terrible when aroused”) is aroused by Darkstar, therefore terrible at the job he’s supposed to be doing.

Then there is Myrcella, still only a child but unable to resist the siren call of the seductive dark charms of the Darkstar. Clearly, her maiming was no accident. Unable to have darkstar, Myrcella threw herself in front of his blade; it was only through some miracle that the girls survived her encounter with Gerold’s razor sharp blade and even sharper sexual gravitas.

But most potent of all is Gerold’s seduction of the aging, hapless Doran. So thoughtful, so cautious, Doran has clearly lost himself to the most dangerous man in Dorne. Clearly, a man who fails to kill a child is not dangerous. When Doran calls Darkstar such, he is clearly referring to the irresistible power of his own intense draw to the sensuous Dayne. In the end, it is not Gerold’s blade or intellect that the wily Doran fears; but merely the undeniable strength of the feelings that the Darkstar arouses in him.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You must be joking!

why how old is he? He would be the most dangerous man in dorne because he knows the truth of toj events which could bring retaliation and destruction to dorne

why how old is he? He would be the most dangerous man in dorne because he knows the truth of toj events which could bring retaliation and destruction to dorne

Maybe when Nen and Reed killed Arthur in ToJ this theory ended?

Also, Dark talks bad about Arthur and they are not from the same family.

You guys are haters...

Darkstar is the only Dornish warrior we've met who Doran doesn't own, and he's the only living Dayne who isn't a kid. Darkstar is interesting because I'm sure he could tell us a lot more about the Dayne's even though he's from a cadet branch, and he may know something about the Sword of the Morning.

You guys are haters...

Darkstar is the only Dornish warrior we've met who Doran doesn't own, and he's the only living Dayne who isn't a kid. Darkstar is interesting because I'm sure he could tell us a lot more about the Dayne's even though he's from a cadet branch, and he may know something about the Sword of the Morning.

There is Allyria who is betrothed to Lord Beric Dondarrion who has Edric as his squire.

Also Darkstar isn't not a Dayne like Arthur Ashara Allyria or Edric.

Maybe when Nen and Reed killed Arthur in ToJ this theory ended?

Also, Dark talks bad about Arthur and they are not from the same family.

well you sound like a swell person. i apologize for thinking about things while not being as informed as you. But its not like deaths are final in this series. especially those that we never bear witness to, and are shrouded in mysterious events.

darkstark?

well you sound like a swell person. i apologize for thinking about things while not being as informed as you. But its not like deaths are final in this series. especially those that we never bear witness to, and are shrouded in mysterious events.

darkstark?

I am sorry for being dogmatic. It is just that Dayne are one of my top families and Arthur my 3rd fav character. As for the deaths you right ,no death in this series is for sure. But there are some small things:

Arthur as a true honorable knight. A true honorable knight would never attack a little girl.

There are witnesses at Arthur's death one was Ned the other is Howard Reed.

Arthur was the Sword of the Morning and he cared Dawn Ned returned Dawn to Ashara after Arthur's death.

darkstark?

Darkstar is not Arthur... he is Rhaeger.

Archived