Things we learned in AFFC

Gwendolyn

the alchemist killed Pate and took his place, so we know he's a Faceless Man. but the description of the alchemist in the prologue matches the description of the appearance Jaqen changes into in ACoK. anyway yeah, something weird's going on at the Citadel!

Regardong the Pate from the prologue and the Pate from the last chapter, I had an interesting thought... If you read carefully, at the end of the prologue, when Pate says "What is happening? I don't understand", a voice with sadness replied "and you never will"... a voice with sadness, not the Alchemist himself... this could mean that the alchemist was with someone else, and therefore this could be another Pate.

Also, if you read the last sentence of the book, this new Pate introduces himself as "Pate, like the pig boy"... he doesn't say that he is the Original Pate of the beginning.

Well, we already have people in this series who have shown the ability to change faces. The man who gave Pate the coin also matches the description of someone else we've read about.

I have no idea who you mean :cool4:

And the new "Pate", well, some men have many names.

Indeed they do :cool4:

the alchemist killed Pate and took his place, so we know he's a Faceless Man. but the description of the alchemist in the prologue matches the description of the appearance Jaqen changes into in ACoK. anyway yeah, something weird's going on at the Citadel!

You're not saying :cool4:

Archived