Things we learned in AFFC

Gwendolyn

I hope it is OK I'm doing that, thought it would be cool if we have one thread we could write things in, we learned in AFFC that would be helpfully to remember for ADWD and later books. I got that idea when I'd read about one thing that happened in the first book, and some things that took me time to remember if or from where I should know about. (Special names and people and all

I learned in AFFC

That Viserys should mary Arianne Martel.

That Arya is blind but her third eye opned and she's more then a warg that can only use her direwolf. She can use a cat too.

Cersei is some kind of a bad whore I think. But last she will get what she deserves.

Talking about Cersei, she was told a younger and more beauty woman will be queen after her. It's not Margary it's Daenerys.

Brienne is dead. (Isn't she?)

Was it Arianne's brother? I guess. think it will cause us some trouble the Martell / Targaryen link.

Catlyn beacame a total freak.

Sandor Clegan is dead.

One thing thats not a fact it's a question.

Brienne another person who knew about Gendry being Roberts Bastard is dead too, who could tell the truth now? OH and one other thing, from what I'd read, Catlyn knows Gendry, does Cat know Arya is still alive then?

Anything more we should keep in mind? Sure there is, but I can't remember it all at once now, but all you can and add to this thread :-)

about the gendry thing, I was reading a gendry thread the other day and someone brought up a good point that a lot of people do know about gendry being robert's son. even people who don't know will probably be able to decipher gendry's parentage by his appearence/personality. great thread:

I hope it is OK I'm doing that, thought it would be cool if we have one thread we could write things in, we learned in AFFC that would be helpfully to remember for ADWD and later books. I got that idea when I'd read about one thing that happened in the first book, and some things that took me time to remember if or from where I should know about. (Special names and people and all

I learned in AFFC

That Viserys should mary Arianne Martel.

That Arya is blind but her third eye opned and she's more then a warg that can only use her direwolf. She can use a cat too.

Cersei is some kind of a bad whore I think. But last she will get what she deserves.

Talking about Cersei, she was told a younger and more beauty woman will be queen after her. It's not Margary it's Daenerys.

Brienne is dead. (Isn't she?)

Was it Arianne's brother? I guess. think it will cause us some trouble the Martell / Targaryen link.

Catlyn beacame a total freak.

Sandor Clegan is dead.

One thing thats not a fact it's a question.

Brienne another person who knew about Gendry being Roberts Bastard is dead too, who could tell the truth now? OH and one other thing, from what I'd read, Catlyn knows Gendry, does Cat know Arya is still alive then?

Anything more we should keep in mind? Sure there is, but I can't remember it all at once now, but all you can and add to this thread :-)

Brienne's fate is still unknown. Just because it appears the chapter ends on a cliffhanger where the person "dies" it doesn't always mean it's death. Read a Dance with Dragons to find out.

Sandor Clegane is dead.

The Hound is dead. Sandor is described as being "at peace." There's also an excellent description of a very tall gravedigger at the Quiet Isle who has a noticeable limp. So, I wouldn't be so quick to say he's dead.

The Hound is dead. Sandor is described as being "at peace." There's also an excellent description of a very tall gravedigger at the Quiet Isle who has a noticeable limp. So, I wouldn't be so quick to say he's dead.

but didn't the guy brienne met say he buried sandor and put the helm on top as a grave marker? plus the hound's wounds were pretty bad. I'd be surprised if he's alive.

but didn't the guy brienne met say he buried sandor and put the helm on top as a grave marker? plus the hound's wounds were pretty bad. I'd be surprised if he's alive.

The Hound is dead, but is Sandor? Because this is the still reading section I don't want to spoil anything. But I suggest to read again how the Elder Brother describes himself, what happened to him and how he describes his present state. :cool4:

The Hound is dead, but is Sandor? Because this is the still reading section I don't want to spoil anything. But I suggest to read again how the Elder Brother describes himself, what happened to him and how he describes his present state. :cool4:

ok I re-read the part about the gravedigger and the part where the elder brother is talking about him and it makes total sense to me now. many clues point to the gravedigger being sandor (covered face, limp, large stature, loves dogs, is a novice, etc) and the elder brother says the hound is dead but sandor is "at rest." which is interesting.

the only thing: who or what did the elder brother bury?

The Hound, but there may or may not have been a body in that grave marked with a particular helmet.

How can Viserys marry? Isn't he dead from the "golden crown"?

He is, but that was not the point here. The point was that prince Doran Martell revealed to Arianne (his daughter) that she had been secretly bethrothed to Viserys since she was born, with the goal of putting Viserys on the Iron Throne and her as his queen. Which proves that Doran Martell certainly is a person who plans his vengeance thoroughly :cool4: . This was also the reason why Arianne had always had useless suitors presented to her, since Doran knew she'd refuse them.

With Viserys dead, however, the plan has obviously gone awry, and instead the aim is to marry Arianne's brother Quentyn to Daenerys, something I guess might be further elaborated on in ADWD and the upcoming books.

It never even occured to me that Arya was warging as a cat. I just thought she was having a real dream about herself where she saw herself as a metaphorical wolf stalking Braavos.

We also know that Pate is dead, and Pate is also sitting talking to Sam. Gave me serious shivers when i read that line.

And we know Tom O'Sevens is inside Riverrun. I expect to see a lot of men hanging from the walls of Riverrun very soon.

ok I re-read the part about the gravedigger and the part where the elder brother is talking about him and it makes total sense to me now. many clues point to the gravedigger being sandor (covered face, limp, large stature, loves dogs, is a novice, etc) and the elder brother says the hound is dead but sandor is "at rest." which is interesting.

Also, the Elder Brother gives a sly smile after learning about Brienne chasing The Hound. He is most certainly the grave-digging novice. He must be there to atone for his awful sins. Perhaps The Hound will finally become a knight. I'd like to see him become a Warrior's Son. I'm sure he also harbors some gratitude to Arya for not killing him. Maybe he'll even get a chance to show his thanks one day.

Wow The Hound is the gravedigger? That is freaken gold, i didn't see that when I read it. One of the many reasons why I love these books.

One of the biggest things we learn in the book is that Jaimie is no where near as evil as he first looked, in fact he has quite a bit of honor in him.

We also know that Pate is dead, and Pate is also sitting talking to Sam. Gave me serious shivers when i read that line.

This really alarmed me as well. I have a feeling that Sam might not be with the most trustworthy people.

We also know that war is brewing again. The Ironborn are heading towards Oldtown and Highgarden, and Cersei has been imprisoned for her promiscuity and for planning treason against Margaery. I have a feeling Stannis is going to use these recent events to his advantage, as well. Not to mention the fact that Dany is most likely going to begin her invasion of Westeros in the next book.

So if we count the Ironborn, the Tyrells, Stannis, Tommen, and Dany, we get five rulers contending for the Iron Throne. Looks like the War of the Five Kings (and queen) will begin again :D

Well, we already have people in this series who have shown the ability to change faces. The man who gave Pate the coin also matches the description of someone else we've read about. I don't think "Pate" is necessarily untrustworthy, but there is an interest in the Citadel.

I think I would trust the current "Pate" a lot more than the original version. The original couldn't manage to forge a single link of his chain and was robbing from an old crazy man so that he could buy the girl he "loved". And the new "Pate", well, some men have many names.

Archived