How do you think Robert Arryn will die?

Les Berceaux

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the Mad Mouse will try to kidnap Sansa and sell her to Cersei (who with no Kevan or Jaime around would execute her on the spot) when Robert has one of his rages but this time he controls slightly it and uses it to fight the Mad Mouse off (clawing his eye or something like that) which causes enough noise so that Vale guards and maybe Lothor Brune come in and capture/kill him. Sansa then insists that Robert is knighted or at least rewarded for what he did. This may cause him some easing of the fits because he's a child and feels like he is Artys Arryn or someone like that. Petyr decides to stop poisoning him or is forced by Sansa (if/when she finds out) and he becomes the boy his father wanted him to be. I think he will be fostered by someone like Davos because i would think that he is to Stannis what Jon Arryn was to Robert so you can kind of see where im going with this.

Either that (or some variation) or he will die alone and forgotten which leaves Harry to rule in the Eyrie

I think this because he is a character who is unlikely to even survive the next book let alone be capable of acts of bravery or a longer life which is kind of like GRRM's style. Plus Harry seems to be a more promiscuous version of King Robert (though he is one of my favorites and by far the best ruler out of the last four, five if you count Cersei's little stint) and GRRM is full of unlikely outcomes like Rickon being Lord of Winterfell and the North, Jaime Lannister's quest to become a better Knight.

Just to add this while mentioning Jaime i think he will survive through one of three ways:

1) Brienne killing herself in a trial by combat to save him because he has kind of become her new Renly and whilst she has all her honor, he doesn't and her whole action in AFFC was to help him regain his honor. Also he grief over her "failure" or Renly might spur her to do this so she doesn't fail two men.

2) UnCat grants him a trial by battle against Lem if not Brienne because he has lost his sword hand and she wants to humiliate him by having an unknown and poorly-trained peasant beat him and Thoros decides to even the odds by using his R'hollorite powers to animate Jaime's golden hand (as in the dream) which allows him to win. Then UnCat will try to hang them and the BWOB will splinter and he escapes with Brienne, Gendry and Jaime where they come across Blackfish and the Hound (because i think he's still alive and he will make a return, hopefully killing UnGregor and claiming his Hound helm from Lem)

3) Blackfish and the Hound come across the BWOB preparing to hang Jaime and Brienne and he stops them and reminds Cat that it is dishonoring Ned's and Robb's memory by murdering them and he convinces her to release them to him and to help him find Sansa and free Edmure from Casterly Rock (it would be ironic if the man who imprisoned him freed him and it would bring him back to Tyrion and the Second Sons when they land in Westeros and march on Casterly Rock.) Or Bran/Rickon/Nymeria saves them in the same way, by reminding Cat of who she was

Theory on Littlefinger and Tysha

Since LF was banking on Tyrion dying, but Tyrion hasn't died, so LF will need a shortcut to get Sansa's marriage annulled.

Now, we know that LF knows that Tyrion has been married before, and we also know that LF knows a surprising amount of details, since he tells Sansa some of them (he keeps the gangrape quiet, but it's obvious what he is hinting at for the reader).

Now, we have LF using imposters already lampshaded by him bringing out a fake Arya. If he cannot bribe the High Septon (unlikely) then he needs another way to remove Sansa's marriage. So why doesn't he simply trot out Tyrion's first wife, who then swears that the evil, evil sinful Lannisters didn't annul the marriage, but just sent her on her way. The High Septon already has a very negative view of the Lannisters through our dear Cersei, so he would surely be prone to believing anything bad about them. Tyrion being a kinslaying, kingslaying dwarf probably doesn't help his cause either.

Hence, all LF needs to do is bring out "Tysha". Hell, make it even worse: where do whores go? Well, to LF brothels. Maybe LF knew where the real Tysha was all the time? I don't think he needs to, but it would provide a neat answer to Tyrion's question. ;)

Personally I tend to believe it will be fake Tysha due to the fake Arya lampshading. Sansa's plot armour needs to be removed if the threat from LF and Harry the Heir is to become real. This will also be the clincher that will seal Sweetrobin's fate, since without Sansa being free to marry, LF needs Sweetrobin alive.

It resolves a lot of plot threads and makes Sansa's situation more perilous, forcing her into action.

EDIT: Oh an interesting tidbit. Remember when Tysha was first brought up in the novels? Location, location, location: it was in the Vale. ;)

Wooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Your a blooming genius!!!

Okay, I've tried to research this but I need help.

Do we think that Sweetrobin is being poisoned and that is the cause for his fits and shakes? If so, what poison would this be?

Or do we think that the disease is real but "someone" will make sure that sweetrobin OD's on sweetsleep?

Also I vaguely remember SR taking some kind of medicin - that would be the sweetslep then?

And since sweetsleep is most easily hidden in sweet food such as cake, I sure hope Sansa is taking it easy with those lemoncakes. :P

Or maybe Alayne hates them.

Duir, Robin has always been sickly and suffered from epilepsy. He is getting worse now, possibly because he is being poisoned, possibly because life is more stressful with his mother dead. But he is genuinely sick in addition to any possible poisioning.

While it is possible that Robin is Littlefinger’s son, it hardly matters. Lysa is dead and I can’t see how it would benefit Littlefinger to admit to being an adulterous scum with absolutely no claim to the Vale (if Robin isn’t Jon’s). Unlike Jaime and Cersei, there are no nasty rumors floating around and it seems doubtful that anybody has any proof. Maybe Littlefinger manipulated Lysa with sex, but he could also have manipulated Lysa with her fears and the hope of a future marriage. We know Littlefinger wasn’t attracted to her and we know that Lysa was risk adverse, so it seems unlikely that they were shagging each other regularly.

I don’t understand how anybody willing to marry Alayne would be a suitable match for Sansa. Harry the heir knows that he’ll probably become the new lord of the Vale – why would he settle for a minor lord’s bastard daughter? If Robin dies and Harry does become lord of the Vale, he would become a good match for Sansa, but until then he is too lowly. I think Littlefinger intends to marry Sansa himself once he has a firm political grip somewhere. I don’t know what Littlefinger’s Harry the heir scheme is, but the scheme he told Sansa doesn’t make sense.

I seriously doubt that Littlefinger has the correct Tysha. That event occurred far away from Littlefinger and before he had amassed his current power. Tysha probably moved to a place where nobody knew her story, got married, and became just another smallfolk. Or died long ago. I’m not rooting for any Tysha to show up again. Jaded, older Tyrion would probably treat older, uglier Tysha like he does Penny. Tysha probably does not remember Tyrion fondly. Sansa is a virgin who never liked horseback riding, so she should still have her hymen. It should be easy to annul her marriage without dragging poor Tysha back into the game of thrones or dredging up another pretender.

How would Sansa find Quiet Isle?

I do like the idea that Sansa saves Robin. I want a non-evil Sansa!

• 2 years later...

Yes, I agree with this. I don't think it is a given that Robert ARryn will die. Little Robert will be the test for Sansa to see whether she crosses over to the dark side. My gut (maybe just hope) is that Sansa will save Robert somehow and that he will grow up to be healthy and strong under her influence and eventually be the leader of the Vale. Sansa is already showing that she can be a good mother to him. Plus, it would be such a great way to stick it to LF who is obviously planning on Little Robert's death.

I agree with this. I don't think Sansa will kill him/help to kill him. I remember Sweetrobin asking her, "Are you my mother now?" And her basically affirming that. As his "mother" and his kinswoman Sansa will not kill him, at least not intentionally.

Archived