Will any stark die in TWOW?

sumant30

I think he is destined to be lord of WF in end according to me.

I think Rickon will become Lord of WF as well. I'll present my theory surrounding this, and then get to who I believe will perish in the coming books. "There must always be a Stark in WF." I'm going to assume this statement is in the books for a reason, even Tyrion can't believe a WF without the Starks in it. That leaves Rickon, Bran, Robb Jr. (if there is to be one), and Jon Snow/Stark (If legitimized). I don't think WF will pass through the female line hence changing the house name of the Lord of WF (not Stark) then passing to that male offspring line.

Jon Snow refused to be legitimized already, and I don't think he will neg on that...if he comes back in the coming books (which I believe he will).

Bran is in the cave forever, so he's out.

Robb Jr. is an uncertainty, but possible.

Rickon is my favorite choice for the Lord of WF.

As for who dies in the next 2 (3)(4) books:

Sansa dies giving her life to save Arya is some way.

Arya lives

Rickon lives

Bran lives forever or thousands of years

Robb Jr. maybe is brought out of hiding like Aegon with Jon Connington, so we might see a lose one stark/gain one stark scenario.

I think he is destined to be lord of WF in end according to me.

This. Rickon is a pretty undeveloped character. I think George has him in the series, to be around at the end of the story, to continue the line of the Starks in Winterfell.

I think by series end, we'll know him a better, as I think he's going to get some chapters in Skagos.

Bran will survive, but as a greenseer and well away from the rest of the world, he might as well be dead.

Rickon seems like he will be coming back, but I have no real thoughts on which way GRRM will take his role. He seems like he will survive the story.

Arya, im convinced, will die before the series ends. She will do plenty of killing and her end will be bittersweet, but I don't see her making it.

Sansa may perish as well, in a similar fashion...bittersweet.

Jon (assuming he isn't completely dead already), will likely be some kind of hero but may also die a hero's death.

IMO, 1 of sansa or arya will survive, bran will survive (kind of), and I think Jon and Rickon both survive unless GRRM ends the series with a bitter twist for JS's fate.

Maybe Sansa Mary's Willas after all, and becomes the lady of Highgarden. I see her living in the end and helping to solidify the cause of the Starks in a marriage alliance.

All these "Rickon most likely to survive" comments are funny. If i'm correct, he is currently on Skaagos? Where grown men fear to sail too close b/c the inhabitants litterally eat each other. It doesn't seem like a very safe place.

I think Sansa is currently the in the safest position. The Vale has hardly if at all been affected by the war and fighting going on, and she is the "daughter" of the Lord Protector of the Vale. Littlefinger is too clever to die, and he has a thing for Sansa, so it seems likely he will keep her safe.

But what is Littlefinger's endgame? All we know is that he's extremely devious, but we don't really know what he's up to. What's the most devious thing he could do? In my mind, it's to ally with the others. I think Sansa kills him to prevent that from happening. This is a total crackpot theory, I know.

I think Rickon will become Lord of WF as well. I'll present my theory surrounding this, and then get to who I believe will perish in the coming books. "There must always be a Stark in WF." I'm going to assume this statement is in the books for a reason, even Tyrion can't believe a WF without the Starks in it. That leaves Rickon, Bran, Robb Jr. (if there is to be one), and Jon Snow/Stark (If legitimized). I don't think WF will pass through the female line hence changing the house name of the Lord of WF (not Stark) then passing to that male offspring line.

Jon Snow refused to be legitimized already, and I don't think he will neg on that...if he comes back in the coming books (which I believe he will).

Bran is in the cave forever, so he's out.

Robb Jr. is an uncertainty, but possible.

Rickon is my favorite choice for the Lord of WF.

As for who dies in the next 2 (3)(4) books:

Sansa dies giving her life to save Arya is some way.

Arya lives

Rickon lives

Bran lives forever or thousands of years

Robb Jr. maybe is brought out of hiding like Aegon with Jon Connington, so we might see a lose one stark/gain one stark scenario.

I hope robb jr does show up or it is too much cruelty to robb who never lost a battle but still managed to lose the war, and i hope we get a wild wold finally in WF.

But what is Littlefinger's endgame? All we know is that he's extremely devious, but we don't really know what he's up to. What's the most devious thing he could do? In my mind, it's to ally with the others. I think Sansa kills him to prevent that from happening. This is a total crackpot theory, I know.

LF allying with others, i think stannis is going to do that as seen by danny in the house of undying.

We may not have a Littlefinger POV but we do know a lot about Littlefingers life at this point and all of the "wrongs" that he has suffered. Firstly his lands are embarassingly small and poor, it is easy to see that this bothered/bothers him because he has spent his entire life making himself rich and important. Second he was sired at Riverrun with Catlyn and Lysa and there he fell in love with Catlyn. He could not marry her because his birth was too low, and when she was to be wed to Brandon he challenged him, lost and then that night took Lysa Tully's maidenhead and got her pregnant. He was then sent back to his home completely humiliated and his son was aborted without him having any say in the matter. In our world this would explain why most of Lysa's later pregnancies failed, not the fact that Jon Aryn was old. Now we know where Littlefinger has worked himself up to, lord protector of the Vale, legal Liege Lord of the Riverlands, legal Lord of Harrenhall, and insanely rich, with Sansa the daughter of his love who is basically a more beautiful version of her posing as his bastard daughter. If you add all this up I would say that in order for Littlefinger to feel that he has gotten all his revenge or redemption or whatever you want to call it, I think he will want to rule both the Riverlands and the Vale, or one of the two if he had to settle, with Sansa as his wife. How he could accomplish this I cannot say for sure, but I think it is much more likely that these are his goals than wiping out Westeros by allying with the Others, cause btw Littlefinger is smart and allying with the Others would be retarded.

Perhaps Littlefinger will wait for the downfall of the Freys and attempt to move his seat from Harrenhall to Riverrun.

IMO, 1 of sansa or arya will survive, bran will survive (kind of), and I think Jon and Rickon both survive unless GRRM ends the series with a bitter twist for JS's fate.

Sansa lives, Arya dies, but towards the end of ADoS. Bran becomes a tree. Rickon lives as LoWF. But I think there is a bitter twist of sorts for Jon. He'll die a hero's death of some sort, along with Dany, marking the true end of the Targaryens - they die so the world can live or something such. Sansa becomes Queen of Westeros, married to Trystane Martell, to perpetuate the whole ice and fire theme.

We may not have a Littlefinger POV but we do know a lot about Littlefingers life at this point and all of the "wrongs" that he has suffered. Firstly his lands are embarassingly small and poor, it is easy to see that this bothered/bothers him because he has spent his entire life making himself rich and important. Second he was sired at Riverrun with Catlyn and Lysa and there he fell in love with Catlyn. He could not marry her because his birth was too low, and when she was to be wed to Brandon he challenged him, lost and then that night took Lysa Tully's maidenhead and got her pregnant. He was then sent back to his home completely humiliated and his son was aborted without him having any say in the matter. In our world this would explain why most of Lysa's later pregnancies failed, not the fact that Jon Aryn was old. Now we know where Littlefinger has worked himself up to, lord protector of the Vale, legal Liege Lord of the Riverlands, legal Lord of Harrenhall, and insanely rich, with Sansa the daughter of his love who is basically a more beautiful version of her posing as his bastard daughter. If you add all this up I would say that in order for Littlefinger to feel that he has gotten all his revenge or redemption or whatever you want to call it, I think he will want to rule both the Riverlands and the Vale, or one of the two if he had to settle, with Sansa as his wife. How he could accomplish this I cannot say for sure, but I think it is much more likely that these are his goals than wiping out Westeros by allying with the Others, cause btw Littlefinger is smart and allying with the Others would be retarded.

Perhaps Littlefinger will wait for the downfall of the Freys and attempt to move his seat from Harrenhall to Riverrun.

I totally agree wit your theory, because somebody was suggesting he will to north but why will he when all he wants is riverun+harrenhal+vale+sansa is almost in his pocket and north is ruined by war right now and winter is already here.

I doubt any Stark will die in TWOW although it is possible that such could happen. Sansa is one of the least likely to die in TWOW and Rickon will not face an immediate threat once he is away from Skagos. Jon and Arya seem at more risk but both appear to have important roles remaining to be further fulfilled.

LF himself is the one that said he was interested in the Vale/Riverlands/North and indirectly alluded to the reasons. The Riverlands are also war damaged (as are huge portions of Westeros in general) yet he appears to be planning to incorporate them in to his plan. Controlling any part of the realm enhances, not decreases LF's ability to carry out his objective. By exploiting Sansa's claims and allying them to Harry's future control over the Vale, LF would have initiated a great deal of his plan to grant Sansa as much power as possible. It does not mean he still will be able to do this but he does give hints that this was his original plan.

Some variation of the following two possibilities appear to be LF's most likely end game:

1. Help Sansa carve out a North-Vale-Riverlands kingdom using her Stark and Tully lineage. Possibly then kill off Harry and attempt to marry Sansa.

2. Help Sansa gain the Iron Throne (he is playing the game of thrones in some form, it is just a matter of what form) through getting her control over most of the northern parts of Westeros and then doing something to gain the Reach/Dorne/etc. Perhaps setup an rm with someone in possession of those areas. Then, perhaps, actually make a move to marry Sansa and literally sit the Iron Throne.

The evidence that LF is mingling his Catelyn/Sansa obsession with his power drive for the throne game seems more persuasive than the idea he will settle for backing a Targaryen. He probably won't fare well under a Westeros ruled by Stannis or Daenerys; neither will trust him and Stannis probably is partially aware of how dangerous he is.

Obviously, there are several reasons LF may not succeed and why he might be forced to change course. However, his actions and statements in ASOS and AFFC do seem to indicate that he is far from content as a very shaky Lord Protector of the Vale.

Most likely, all of the self-proclaimed kings and queens pose a potential threat to LF and are at best temporary allies. He has abandoned Renly's cause and that of the Lannisters; any deal he makes with someone else will be a temporary alliance/expedient to facilitate his ultimate objectives. That means that the vision for his end game very well might preclude permanently supporting Stannis, Daenerys, Aegon, or Euron.

Some weaknesses in his scheme are that he apparently believed both Bran and Rickon to be dead, seemingly discounting the dangerous risk of a Stannis revival, and has not yet shown signs of being aware of the full extent of the Varys/Aegon issue. Aegon could either work to his benefit or detriment depending on how successful he proves to be and how much chaos he causes in the south.

I doubt it. I think they've all got a long way to go before being killed off, with the possible exception of Rickon.

Too many thing going on for our POV Starks and Snow. Rickon might get dirtroaded by his 'friends', but as crazy as Shaggydog is, I doubt anyone will be able to get close enough to kill him...except Arya, who might not even believe this is Rickon, seeing as how there's another Arya running around. Crackpot theory, but FM contracted to kill this highborn northern kid, figure Arya's perfect, she finds him somewhere in the Riverland and Nymeria pops up, protects Rickon and Shaggydog, then realizes it's Arya. There GRRM, you're welcome

I can't see any Starks dying - the family is dwindling as is.

If someone were to die though, I suppose I'll guess Bran (sadly enough....though I could always be 100% incorrext) I can see him making some sort of unique sacrifice, or choosing another path that would end short over the long term greenseer deteriorating position. Deep down inside he probably still wants to become a knight. Who knows, maybe he will get to do one "knightly" act, somehow with the use of his abilities.

Not a death (those will be reserved for the final installment, if still in store at all) - but maybe a fake-out? Martin seems to be fond of those - we had the fake-out with Bran and Rickon at the sack of Winterfell, the fake-out with Arya being hit by Hoiund's ax, and now Jon's stabbing, which many predict to be a fake-out as well.

Of course some would argue it's getting old already, but Martin might as well complete the set. So that means that Sansa would be due for a fake-out, I guess.

I believe none of them are going to die in the series.BUT I believe Jon is dead.It is not a fake-out death,it is not some trick,it is real.Mel can bring him back,but then nothing will be the same as we know from Stoneheart.Also both the NW and the wildlings won't approve such a thing.With Others on the loose I can see a "returned" Jon is recognized as a wight too.So he is dead and his return is a very slim chance.I think him being a son of Rhaegar is a considerable possibility,he can be even AA or even one head of the three headed dragon(Aegon,Jon,Dany) but I believe he's dead.As for other Starks,they all have some part to play in the upcoming war.Sansa is in a very important position because Arryns are very powerful at this moment compared to the other houses.Braavos is certainly going to be a key place,for Justin Massey and Harys Swyft are both coming there and Arya is going to be a FM.Rickon will secure the future of the Starks and Bran is a whole ?other? story.

Stoneheart is gonna die again,I'm pretty sure of that.

Also Stark deaths all occured because of a betrayal(Ned,Jon,Rob) and because they didn't know their real place and their real power.Ned confronted the Queen because he misjudged his power as the Hand of the King and with Robert's death it all came crashing down.Robb wed Jeyne because he misjudged his power as the King in the North he didn't see most of his strength was coming from stg else also Robb declaring himself the King,beheading Karstark are similar mistakes.Jon misjudged his power as the LC and didn't see once he forswore his oaths,he would pay the price because his power was coming from his vows. for Robb it was Freys,Karstarks and for Ned; Robert.

I dont see any other Stark making the same mistakes again.

Also Stark deaths all occured because of a betrayal(Ned,Jon,Rob) and because they didn't know their real place and their real power.Ned confronted the Queen because he misjudged his power as the Hand of the King and with Robert's death it all came crashing down.Robb wed Jeyne because he misjudged his power as the King in the North he didn't see most of his strength was coming from stg else also Robb declaring himself the King,beheading Karstark are similar mistakes.Jon misjudged his power as the LC and didn't see once he forswore his oaths,he would pay the price because his power was coming from his vows. for Robb it was Freys,Karstarks and for Ned; Robert.

I dont see any other Stark making the same mistakes again.

That's an interesting observation. They all were in an official position of authority and the remaining Starks hardly will be. They won't even get the chance to make that particular mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

My bet is on Arya, in the epilogue. She has a hit list. She'll die fullfiling her goal.

Jon had already too much free meals in the previous books to die of the stabbing, especially in a cliffhanger.

Davos is send in the search for Rickon. You can bet safely on davos succeeding.

Sansa IMO is safe.

Archived