Favorite relationship? (Not ship)

Winter's Ghost

After reading Danny facts and Stannis facts threads, I have decided I want them to fall in love madly, and I want their love to be corny, awkward, and extremely sentimental, because this would be the ONE thing which would annoy both camps so much and then boy I would laugh and laugh and laugh. I wish GRRM contract Stephanie Mayers to write the romance for him.

Now I know why GRRM says he doesn't read these forums..... if I were writing ASOIAF, I would totally do that.

I agree, I think they both need each other. In a way, they both provide hope for one another.

I love it when Sandor tells Arya to stop trying to think of ways to kill him!

That was great. Or, when she tries to hit him with the rock and he tells her he'd give her that one.

It's sad that there are so few female friendships in this series. I looked through this thread to confirm it and almost all of those listed are between male characters. Then, seeing these two woman respect and accept each other as they are is very refreshing. It's great that Catelyn's daughter is also the one most likely to repeat this.

After reading Danny facts and Stannis facts threads, I have decided I want them to fall in love madly, and I want their love to be corny, awkward, and extremely sentimental, because this would be the ONE thing which would annoy both camps so much and then boy I would laugh and laugh and laugh. I wish GRRM contract Stephanie Mayers to write the romance for him.

Now I know why GRRM says he doesn't read these forums..... if I were writing ASOIAF, I would totally do that.

I tried to launch this ship in WK's thread a week or so ago. It was going on at the same time as a Dany vs. Stannis thread. No one bought in to it though.

I tried to launch this ship in WK's thread a week or so ago. It was going on at the same time as a Dany vs. Stannis thread. No one bought in to it though.

It's not about a ship. It's about revenge. It's about sending a message. *sets fire on the pile of money*

That was great. Or, when she tries to hit him with the rock and he tells her he'd give her that one.

It's sad that there are so few female friendships in this series. I looked through this thread to confirm it and almost all of those listed are between male characters. Then, seeing these two woman respect and accept each other as they are is very refreshing. It's great that Catelyn's daughter is also the one most likely to repeat this.

Challenge accepted!

To the books!

I'm only listing those that have no romantic element to them at all....

Brienne and Catelyn - one of the very few positive examples of female friendship in the series.

Jon and Sam - enjoyed the evolution of their friendship very much

Jaime and Tyrion - their scene together in Storm still hurts when I read it

Arya and Sandor - the burrito blank is perfection

I really enjoyed the Sam-Jon friendship too, I thought it evolved well.

It's not about a ship. It's about revenge. It's about sending a message. *sets fire on the pile of money*

I was trolling. But mostly it was a response to the either/or tone of the thread. Seems like one is vilified over the other which is a disservice to both characters. Both are incredibly complex and have value on their own. It bugged me.

Love relationship: Ned and Catelyn.

Loyal friendship: This is either Robert and Ned or Stannis and Davos. I can't choose.

Siblings: Jon and Arya. I'll just pretend they're siblings.

Animals involved: Starks and wolves. Yay. Daenerys and her dragons aren't even close.

Other: Sandor and Sansa, really. I'm not even a shipper I think.

The Stark children and their direwolves

Sandor and Arya

Sandor and Sansa (not shipping)

Arya and Syrio Forel

Tyrion and Bronn

Jaime and Tyrion

Jaime and Brienne (also not shipping)

Jaime and Cersei

Ned and Robert

Ramsay and Reek/Theon

I was trolling. But mostly it was a response to the either/or tone of the thread. Seems like one is vilified over the other which is a disservice to both characters. Both are incredibly complex and have value on their own. It bugged me.

I 100% agree.

I really enjoy Stannis and Jon, Brienne and Jaime, and Jon and Arya.

In a "this is pretty creepy and unsettling, but I can't stop reading" sort of way, I'm also a fan of Littlefinger and Sansa.

Edit: Also hoping for more Theon and Asha interaction in the future.

I love all of these but my absolute favorites are in bold. All romantic ones were omitted.

Jon Snow and...Ned, Sam, Aemon, Mormont, Tormund, Mance, Val, Donal Noye.

Arya and...Ned, Jon, Sansa, Sandor, Jaqen.

Catelyn and...Brienne, Jaime.

Sansa and Ned (it's more subtle than the Arya-Ned relationship, but it's there), Sandor (not shipping).

Robb...Jon and his companions (the Mormonts, the Greatjon and the Smalljon).

Ned...all of his children and Jon, Robert (well, despite the man he became). I'm omitting the characters we never saw interact with him (Howland Reed, Brandon Stark.)

Archived