Favorite relationship? (Not ship)

Winter's Ghost

I thought of some more.

Joffrey and Margaery/ The wedding was so damn beautiful that Joffrey got all chocked up.

Sandor and Stranger/ I love a man who cares about his animal. :kiss:

Jon and the Old Bear/ Both men respect each other, and there was a surrogate son/father thing going on.

Asha and Theon/ Even though they are very acerbic with one another, you can tell they care.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrion and Bronn - they were/are the perfect compliment to each other -- great characters separately, but awesome to the nth power together

Brienne and Pod - there's just something so sweet about these two painfully awkward characters making their way through the world together

Davos and Stannis - Davos humanizes Stannis, and Stannis makes Davos realize his potential

Ned and Arya - gave us some really moving father/daughter scenes

Arya and Jaqen - great dialogue and fascinating dynamics to this relationship; I hope that before the books are done we get a chance to see these two reunited

Ned and Robert - because Robert is just about the only person who could make Ned's sense of humor put in an appearance

Jon and Tormund - their interactions are just great fun to read

Jon and Dolorous Edd - Like Tormund, Edd helps Jon to lighten up occasionally, which he definitely needs

Tyrion and Oberyn - It's a crime and a shame that we had such a limited amount of time with these two -- oh, the havoc this duo could have wrought if given more time....

• 2 weeks later...

Rhaegar and Arthur Dayne, Lyanna and Howland Reed, I love the way she stood for him at Harrenhal, Jaime and Ser Ilyn

and on the opposite, the most disturbing relationship is Theon and Ramsay.

- Sansa and Arya, seriously they feel very realistic to me for competitve silblings.

- Cat and Brienne: I liked the mutual respect and understanding they shared (then came Stoneheart, damn!)

- Stannis and Davos: extreme awesome and flawlessly written

- Cressen and Shireen: sweet, and I felt so sad for Shireen when he died and she lost the man who was more of a parental figure than her own dad.

- Myrcella and Cersei: Heartbreaking and sad

- Bran and Robb: Both no favourites of mine but the moment Robb showed his vulnerablility to Bran before he departed: That was heartbreaking

- Catelyn and Bran: I so felt for her when she feared he would die

- Lyanna and the Ned / Elia and Oberyn: I love silblings being devoted to each other and In this case I enjoyed how Martin was able to tell us this with so few words.

The most fascinating relationship is Jaime and Cersei's without a doubt. It's the one I've spent most time discussing with people on the forum and considering on my drive to work. That isn't to say I didn't cheer and clap when he threw her letter in the fire, but ...

The Ned and the northern lords! Seriously, these guys love him so bad it's not even funny. How the hell he managed to get a bunch of hard-asses like the northern lords to worship him, I'll never know.

Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie - the 3 muskateers of Westeros (I hope they all see each other again.)

Brienne and Cat - Most women are so horrid to Brienne.

The Starks - generation 1 and generation 2 (Brandon, Ned, Lyanna + Benjen) (Robb, Jon, Sansa, Bran, Arya + Baby Rickon)

The black brothers - Jon, Pyp, Grenn, Sam and Edd + Mormont's Raven (never call it a crow) Sniff _ I will bawl if those guys die fighting the others.

Perhaps Sandor had designs on Sansa, but his kind treatment of her was really sweet and touching for such a harsh and brutal man.

Sandor and his relationship with Stranger, the horse accepts no one but Sandor. That tells me much about him. He likes horses and...birds.

:drunk:

So okay otherwise I have to say Jaime and Joanna based on Jaimes fever-dream. So beautiful and heartbreaking.

Edit: spelling

Archived