Mafia Game 94.5 - Marvel Time!

House Wythers

You might be. Probably are. Still would like to know why he thinks that.

Because my acting was bad. A new player doesn't do posts so big, but more be shy and wishy-washy early in the game. That's the natural conclusion.

ETA: Spelling

Because my acting was bad. A new player doesn't do posts so big, but more be shy and wishy-washy early in the game.

I wasn't when I first started. I didn't assume you were new to mafia, though, just unfamiliar with westeros mafia terminology and therefore probably newer to mafia here.

I wasn't when I first started. I didn't assume you were new to mafia, though, just unfamiliar with westeros mafia terminology and therefore probably newer to mafia here.

I do know the terminology. I was just having fun, pretending not to know it.

I'm here from time to time from now, will probably be a bit limited participation on my part though.

Squirrel, a policy lynch is always a bad idea in my book, are you serious about that? If think he is innocent you shouldn't vote him and if you think he is evil it's not a policy lynch.

I don't like that Silver surfer claimed so early, but I don't have a strong read on him apart from that. I'll try to reread and get a better opinion.

Oh hey...did you know you have the power to control squirrels??? I mean I'm a spy, but that's pretty cool...I guess.

I defeated Deadpool three times, using only my wit and my squirrels. That's cool. I chose my role for that pun about killing a squirrel+ trying to have a specific role.

Oh well then...never mind. I take back my welcome :P and have not squirreled you squirrel girl ;P

Yes, that's the reason I told Doom that he hasn't alt-guessed me.

Phoenix, just joking. But I do have a scum read on him.

Behold the latest diabolical creation of the Mighty Monarch of Latveria -- a catch-up post so long that nobody will dare to read it. Marvel at the verbosity of Doom! Marvel ... and then tremble!

I can vote for the same person twice.

This is a most formidable power ... the envy of the Silver Surfer was well-earned indeed. Doom expects you to see sense and cast your votes wisely, as reason and Doom command.

Well, it doesn't seem to affect voting majority at least (checking the vote-count seems to confirm so), which I *think* makes it more likely that Punisher's role is aligned to the town.

With a glance Doom can penetrate the innermost thoughts and darkest secrets of his subjects ... he can comprehend new technologies in but an instant ... as a mere youth his scientific accomplishments were the very stuff of legends. And yet -- the logic behind this post seems to be beyond Doom. Doom insists that you explain yourself ... if indeed there is any real meaning here to explain.

/rant

Sorry. Been seeing that a lot and it annoys the hell out of me. Continue.

This emotional outburst from the Punisher -- while doing much to persuade me of his innocence -- is worthy only of scorn. Follow the exemplary standard of Doom, and control the urge to rant. If even Doctor Doom can control the overwhelming desire to instruct others in the ways of mafia, then so can Frank Castle. What is he, but a mere mortal man? And what is any mortal ... compared to Doom?

But I'm not going to say people are innocent based on their roles.

Very wise. I suggest you say people are innocent based on much firmer grounds than that. Might I suggest ... the word of Victor von Doom?

I'll play my way...you play your way. I'm sick and tired of seeing people with suboptimal play styles spout nonsense about other people's play styles and reads.

All playstyles, all reads ... all posts ... all thoughts themselves! ... are suboptimal when contrasted to the magnificence of Doom.

But see the cost of your precious freedom! Both you and the Punisher are left to bicker and squabble over petty feuds, while the sands of time continue to pour, the end of the day draws ever closer. The problems of the thread -- indeed, the problems of the world itself -- will never be solved this way. Only when all follow the benevolent dictates of Doctor Doom will true progress be made.

Love the ending of this one. Subtly throwing out the idea that I might be FM because I hate the way you play and said so.

On the contrary -- there was nothing subtle about it. The ability to make subtle insinuations as to a stranger's guilt or innocence is a rare gift -- one truly mastered only by a small handful of the elect. One truly mastered only by those such as Doctor Doom!

Why the question to Phoenix? The question itself should be obvious. It was a wishy washy post. I'm not sure what I think about Phoenix yet. I think Phoenix is coming across a bit cautious. Haven't determined whether or not I think that's alignment dependent though.

Phoenix is certainly most suspicious. The question that Doom must decide now is -- are the shifty prevarications and clumsy equivocations she displays a sign of mere incompetence ... or of a more sinister intent? Doom shall bend his will to this problem. Can there by any doubt that he will solve it completely? The struggle promises to be brief indeed.

You don't try to determine alignments on day one? And you're giving me mafia advice?

Doom can well understand if other, weaker minds do not attempt this -- it is often a fruitless task, and more liable to lead to later bias and bad play than to catch the evil among us.

Doom himself does not try to determine alignments at all. He merely does.

i never noticed anything off about phoenix. i didnt reread the thread or anything, but on the first time reading nothing he said stood out.

Did the explosion of gamma-radiation that so altered your biology also distort your once adequate critical faculties? The very fact that nothing the Phoenix said stood out should immediately arouse your suspicions. After all, are we not in the process of uncovering malefactors who wish to remain anonymous? Who better to suspect than the bland, the dull and the forgettable?

Ok, I still hate Surfer, since his posts seem very artificial and fake.

Have you not yet realised the identity behind the alt of the Silver Surfer? His posts hardly seem artificial to one who has done so.

Yes, that's the reason I told Doom that he hasn't alt-guessed me.

Such breathtaking arrogance. Your attempts to disassemble and deceive did not mislead Doom for a moment. I am as confident in the accuracy of my alt-guess as I ever was ... as confident as I am in all things. Humility and doubt are hardly fit for Doom!

Have you not yet realised the identity behind the alt of the Silver Surfer? His posts hardly seem artificial to one who has done so.

I did, but my guess is only based on PoE. I suspect that your puny alt-guess is completly wrong. I do know who Wolverine, Doom and Widow are. From them, I only suspect Doom, because his arrogance when faced with his superiors is merely amusing and not all allignment- determined.

ETA: Spelling

About altguessing, von Doom. In a game in the past there were a horrible amount of bad altguessing from some very confident players/a confident player, which affected the game quite a lot. Don't know if you know anything about that, but it's something to think on.

I am unfamiliar with the game or games you allude to ... but I suspect your recollection here misses some salient details. Very rarely do bad alt-guesses determine the outcome of the game -- very rarely do they lead to anything but some moments of misguided mirth in the spoiler threads. Games are lost by bad play, not by bad alt-guesses.

If you are attempting to suggest that my suspicions of you this game are based on such an alt-guess, then allow me -- after pausing to acknowledge your audacity -- to correct this misapprehension. Doom has not attempted to alt-guess you, nor shall he do so. Such games are most wearisome to Doom.

Phoenix, I would like your read on me and Doom, please. Nobody tried to read me and that makes Squirrel Girl sad. :crying:

It must be truly galling to realize that you are beneath the notice of others. Fortunately this is not an experience Doom has ever had to suffer ... nor is it likely he ever shall.

I am unfamiliar with the game or games you allude to ... but I suspect your recollection here misses some salient details. Very rarely do bad alt-guesses determine the outcome of the game -- very rarely do they lead to anything but some moments of misguided mirth in the spoiler threads. Games are lost by bad play, not by bad alt-guesses.

If you are attempting to suggest that my suspicions of you this game are based on such an alt-guess, then allow me -- after pausing to acknowledge your audacity -- to correct this misapprehension. Doom has not attempted to alt-guess you, nor shall he do so. Such games are most wearisome to Doom.

It must be truly galling to realize that you are beneath the notice of others. Fortunately this is not an experience Doom has ever had to suffer ... nor is it likely he ever shall.

Doom, you puny mortal who will never amount to anything, you have just said that you do not find Surfer's posts artificial and fake BECAUSE of your alt-guess. Since I think your guess is probably wrong, it means that you are basing your opinion on him on the guess , so you let him pass. That is bad play, but your arrogance is too big for you to even comprehend that mistake. I am telling you this, because I do find some inteligente in your posts, so you are not beyond redemption.

Archived