AGOT Mafia 95 - The Cat King's Return

House Targaryen

I'd like to legitimize my vote on Sockington, not just leaving it there as a leftover joke vote at this point.

I am less sure about Sockington. He feels like a slippery fellow. He starts off by throwing some sloppy crap at Griz, which was pointed out be faulty and btw he never addressed, now that Panther mentions it. Then he ties Griz to Panther via a symp clue while giving himself a pat on the back for it. Sorry, but to me that's screaming, "Hey look at me! I'm doing my scumhunting for today!" If you were reaction fishing, what are your reads on Griz and Panther now? What about Kerouac?

I agree with this, I originally pointed out where his reasons were faulty, and where his later justification for not voting Panther for the "same reasons" was also wrong. If you're going to try so hard so early, and legitimately want to find some scum, won't you check to make sure you're using actual facts?

I got tired of all the meowing and hissing, and had hoped to return at a later time to find the kitty rp to have subsided. Alas. :rolleyes:

Panther Schnaps is probably innocent. Getting angry that someone caught you with a symp clue is behaviour I'd expect from newbscum. Panther claims to have more experience than that, which can be believed based on their posts, and I think experienced scum would be more likely to ignore or shrug off a symp clue accusation rather than argue and draw more attention to it. I think.

I am less sure about Sockington. He feels like a slippery fellow. He starts off by throwing some sloppy crap at Griz, which was pointed out be faulty and btw he never addressed, now that Panther mentions it. Then he ties Griz to Panther via a symp clue while giving himself a pat on the back for it. Sorry, but to me that's screaming, "Hey look at me! I'm doing my scumhunting for today!" If you were reaction fishing, what are your reads on Griz and Panther now? What about Kerouac?

I was wrong. It was pointed out. I didn't follow that line again. How would you have liked that addressed?

I don't like any of griz, Panter or Keruoac. They, along with Buttons are most concerning to me right now. I especially don't like Panther. His reaction to my vote is not at all what I'd expect from an innocent. He spins and creates strawcats. He tries to neutralize, demean and discredit people who suspect him all while trying to apear nonhalant. It's not a reaction I'd expect from an innocent. Strange and ....um......bad. Fluffer said it better than I could, but I get a real "

" vibe from him Panther (linked for the youngins and non Seinfeld fans starts at about 3:15).

I considered voting Kerouac, but I like this explanation of his Socks' vote. Original reasoning, not parroting.

It's summoning time.

Zazzles.

Who would you be voting if your weren't so kindly summoning Zazzles for us?

I didn't like the way Sockington picked on Grizz for her "choice of words" in the joke and how he kept pushing it. Would the joke not be a symp clue had she worded it differently? And if you're a symp, posting a joke directly directed at your master, you don't explicitly say "I'm backing you up", that's careless and redundant since the joke already serves as a clue.

I don't think a newbie symp would be that careless. I think she'd be more worried with not planting obvious clues. And what was the point about asking her to explain her choice of words? What kind of answer did you expect, Socks?.

It would be careless and blatant, but I've seen worse and you don't seem new, so you probably have too. So it's not beyond suscpicion that a symp, especially a new one (why I asked her experience) would make clue like that. Yes? Symp clues are a shit idea but people still do them on a regular basis. "You're the boss", anyone? Jason? It's possible. Maybe not probable, but very possible and Panther's reaction makes me feel like I struck a nerve whether Griz is symp or not.

Hey Panther, now that we know why I asked Griz's experience level (assessing how likely the symp theory was), could you tell me why you were wondering?

Fluffer said it better than I could, but I get a real "

" vibe from him Panther (linked for the youngins and non Seinfeld fans starts at about 3:15).

While that video was amusing I am not exactly sure what you are saying. Am I right about this:

You started suspecting Schnaps for a possible link to Griz.

Then you realized you were wrong about this link.

You kept suspecting Schnaps but now for their "attitude". Is that it?

Which Straw cats exactly did Panther create? Where did s/he say (apart from his reaction to Fluffy - you meant the reaction to your vote explicitly) something that was content-wise inaccurate? If it was all accurate, what in that ("doorman") attitude shows evil intend (as opposed to personality traits)?

ETA: ok, while typing that you did come back talking about symp clues. Let's ask it that way:

I don't doubt that "obvious" (more or less) symp clues have been dropped in past games. How often have you seen someone actually picking up on one before the mafia it was refering to was discovered?

In other words, I think you might get use out of a symp-clue search but acting upon them is really silly until a potential boss-candidate has flipped guilty. And even afterwards you can be mistaken...

No I didn't really suspect him, I just wanted the explanation and the vote was more to get his attention which was why I unvoted when I got the explanation.

Yeah, this is lazyness bordering on actual evil-tells. You come in with the intend to do some catching up, 8 minutes later (as Pikachu pointed out) you found "something" and asked a question about it. As soon as that was answered you stopped playing. You are lurking, as you were able to answer that question directed at you, but you have literally zero content despite being around for quite a while.

While that video was amusing I am not exactly sure what you are saying. Am I right about this:

You started suspecting Schnaps for a possible link to Griz.

Then you realized you were wrong about this link.

You kept suspecting Schnaps but now for their "attitude". Is that it?

Which Straw cats exactly did Panther create? Where did s/he say (apart from his reaction to Fluffy - you meant the reaction to your vote explicitly) something that was content-wise inaccurate? If it was all accurate, what in that ("doorman") attitude shows evil intend (as opposed to personality traits)?

ETA: ok, while typing that you did come back talking about symp clues. Let's ask it that way:

I don't doubt that "obvious" (more or less) symp clues have been dropped in past games. How often have you seen someone actually picking up on one before the mafia it was refering to was discovered?

In other words, I think you might get use out of a symp-clue search but acting upon them is really silly until a potential boss-candidate has flipped guilty. And even afterwards you can be mistaken...

Beats RP. Got to get the ball rolling somehow, so you pick on things that maybe you wouldn't if there was more relevant content. It did generate discussion and it did provoke a reaction from Panther that feels like something that would come from a someone who is evil but overconfident in their ability to spin something bad into a positive, at least that's how it feels to me. So you get the straw cat (him trying to represent that I had no reason for voting him even though he acknowledged understanding my reason), the undermining/dissmissive/doorman attitude which I take as an attempt to neutralize a threat who had already undermined themselves a little by being a little sloppy inthe beggining, so he could capitalize on that and build on it with that attitude. Nobody follows or gives much weight to the opinions of someone they don't respect, right? I'd think an innocent Panther would appreciate the vote on him for what it was and maybe try to assess alignment tells. He says he was probing me to determin allignment, but I don't see that. Do you see that anywhere Snuggles? What he was doing felt like neutralizing and undermining, like I said. He wasn't probing my allignment.

Are you slow reading now? Have you come up with anything?

didn't you do the same? What's the difference from your POV, considering that you think Sockington was using evil phrasing?

And if you think that phrasing was sticking out so much, why didn't you leave that vote on Sock when going to bed - you know for pressure - but put it on someone who wasn't in any focus?

That was a useless vote because you didn't intend to follow up on it (at least for your sleeping time).

I can't really see the reason for that vote switch unless you didn't want to be seen on a wagon = wanted to park your vote somewhere safe.

Well I had some original reasoning and I was like the second person to vote him, he was like the third or fourth, and without original reasoning.

We had enough people voting sock that I decided to go with my other suspect, (who i suspect equally) griz.

Edit: basically, im saying sock had enough pressure on him that i wanted to pressure my other suspect.

*hiss* *pawsmack* *hiss*

sockington

Will actually get to this when I'm done playing with this ball of yarn/grooming.

But frankly I don't believe that Sockington actually believes any of the recent crap he's peddling. Some kitty is now trying to apply rationale to a vote after it is given without actually looking at the evidence.

Oh she's evil because I don't think innocent panther would react exactly like innocent panther is reacting. BS...lynch it ...die.

Buttons.

I agree with what Snuggles just said about him.

Is that all you have? So far you've only agreed to other people's reasons, and waited for them to explain your behaviour so you could say it was correct. It's just amusing that you're agreeing with "you have literally zero content despite being around for quite a while." Glass houses and throwing stones and all.

ETA: Spelling

Archived