AGOT Mafia 95 - The Cat King's Return

House Targaryen

Schnapps looks good for now. Gets the game moving.

Sockington tried as well but I agree that all you could see was that alleged symp-clue. Looking for symp clues before a uber-rebellious kitten is found seems useless at best to me.

I agree with Fluffer though in that it is a reason to vote someone who hasn't said anything suspicious themselves. Schnapps did acknowledge this reason and couldn't say that there was no reason to vote them. They could say there was no true reason. But Griz and Schnapps are the only ones knowing that so I think it was good of Fluffer pointing it out.

Overall the whole exchange doesn't mean a lot in my opinion, though. Especially if it turns out that Sock's new.

Because of that I don't mind the cats dropping in and not saying anything much, because there's not that much to talk about yet. (well I do mind the lazyness, but I don't think it's dependant of alignment yet).

I do want to point out Kerouac's behaviour though. I didn't like how he weighed in on the Schnapps vs. Socks debate without really getting involved but putting out weak reasons like this

this just makes it sound likes hes grasping for things to base his votes on, like hes trying to fake scumhunting. thats how this sounds to me...

(The original reason I believe was "not liking the reaction fishing" which is a very strange thing not to like on page 3 or smth.)

it seems to me that he wanted to keep the train going without being linked too much to it.

He sure was quick to change the vote to Griz (without reason) when to me it seemed like the Sock vs. Schnapps was cooling off.

It is day 1

16 players remain: 50 Shades, Black Shadow, Boots II., Buttons, Cagaitinhas, Fluffer McKitty, Fuzzypants, Grizabella, Kerouac, Lord Wannabe Lion, Panther Schnaps, Pikachu, Snuggles, Sockington, Valium Sunrise, Zazzles.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

3 votes for Sockington (Fluffer McKitty, 50 Shades, Valium Sunrise)

2 votes for Panther Schnaps (Sockington, Fuzzypants)

2 votes for Grizabella (Kerouac, Panther Schnaps)

1 vote for Boots II. (Lord Wannabe Lion)

1 vote for Kerouac (Snuggles)

1 vote for night (Grizabella)

6 players have not voted: Black Shadow, Boots II., Buttons, Cagaitinhas, Pikachu, Zazzles.

Meow and stuff.

Panther seems town, although they could maybe do with some catnip

Same for Sockington, i didn't really have an issue with a griz vote since i was thinking about doing the same up until her night vote which struck me as something confused town would do. Pikachus refusal to add anything, while seemingly annoying makes me lean slightly town too

I'm not really a fan of Valium Sunrise's vote on sockington. just strikes me as off and it sort of got lost under sockington/panther back and forth

Valium Sunrise

*coughs up hairball*

I voted her then went to bed. My reason was her hopping onto the sockington wagon. :dunno:

On my quote of sockington- the way he phrased what he said it made it sound like he was congratulating himself for being able to think of a reason to vote someone so early. Thats scummy to me :dunno:

You might not like it and it might not be especially fair to you, but it's a clear reason and not half bad for 4 hours in if I do say so myself.

"Not bad for four hours in" when talking about thinking of a reason to vote someone... how is that (edit) phrasing (/edit) not jumping out at people.

*yawn* Sockington you still think you have it figured it out? *yawn* You seem too eager, take another 40, what's with all the attention you are attracting? *yawn* Lousy

Is being too eager now an alignment tell?

Why didn't you stay around to get an answer?

I got tired of all the meowing and hissing, and had hoped to return at a later time to find the kitty rp to have subsided. Alas. :rolleyes:

Panther Schnaps is probably innocent. Getting angry that someone caught you with a symp clue is behaviour I'd expect from newbscum. Panther claims to have more experience than that, which can be believed based on their posts, and I think experienced scum would be more likely to ignore or shrug off a symp clue accusation rather than argue and draw more attention to it. I think.

I am less sure about Sockington. He feels like a slippery fellow. He starts off by throwing some sloppy crap at Griz, which was pointed out be faulty and btw he never addressed, now that Panther mentions it. Then he ties Griz to Panther via a symp clue while giving himself a pat on the back for it. Sorry, but to me that's screaming, "Hey look at me! I'm doing my scumhunting for today!" If you were reaction fishing, what are your reads on Griz and Panther now? What about Kerouac?

Seeing Pikachu's av made me very satisfied for placing my initial vote on him. The horror. :ack:

Grizabella, we still have 15 hours left. There's plenty of time to get reads on people. Going to night on day 1 is uhhh not the norm around here, to say the least.

I missed the cats with fewer posts. Gonna see if there's anything to say about them for now.

Ok, thanks. Pikachu - it was more of a speed read and that just caught my eye as it was a vote with no explanation.

Unvote

Are you slow reading now? Have you come up with anything?

I voted her [Griz] then went to bed. My reason was her hopping onto the sockington wagon. :dunno:

[...]

didn't you do the same? What's the difference from your POV, considering that you think Sockington was using evil phrasing?

And if you think that phrasing was sticking out so much, why didn't you leave that vote on Sock when going to bed - you know for pressure - but put it on someone who wasn't in any focus?

That was a useless vote because you didn't intend to follow up on it (at least for your sleeping time).

I can't really see the reason for that vote switch unless you didn't want to be seen on a wagon = wanted to park your vote somewhere safe.

On my quote of sockington- the way he phrased what he said it made it sound like he was congratulating himself for being able to think of a reason to vote someone so early. Thats scummy to me :dunno:

I considered voting Kerouac, but I like this explanation of his Socks' vote. Original reasoning, not parroting.

It's summoning time.

Zazzles.

It is day 1

16 players remain: 50 Shades, Black Shadow, Boots II., Buttons, Cagaitinhas, Fluffer McKitty, Fuzzypants, Grizabella, Kerouac, Lord Wannabe Lion, Panther Schnaps, Pikachu, Snuggles, Sockington, Valium Sunrise, Zazzles.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

3 votes for Sockington (Fluffer McKitty, 50 Shades, Valium Sunrise)

2 votes for Panther Schnaps (Sockington, Fuzzypants)

2 votes for Grizabella (Kerouac, Panther Schnaps)

1 vote for Boots II. (Lord Wannabe Lion)

1 vote for Kerouac (Snuggles)

1 vote for Valium Sunrise (Black Shadow)

1 vote for Zazzles (Pikachu)

1 vote for night (Grizabella)

4 players have not voted: Boots II., Buttons, Cagaitinhas, Zazzles.

I like Fluffer for interposing into Panther and Sockington's discussion and really scrutinising Panther's posts without having his mind already made up. It just feels like genuine scumhunting to me.

Now would probably be a good time to hide away for a bit since it's dead. Be back in 3-6 hours, most likely

Some kittens should calm down a little.

I didn't like the way Sockington picked on Grizz for her "choice of words" in the joke and how he kept pushing it. Would the joke not be a symp clue had she worded it differently? And if you're a symp, posting a joke directly directed at your master, you don't explicitly say "I'm backing you up", that's careless and redundant since the joke already serves as a clue.

I don't think a newbie symp would be that careless. I think she'd be more worried with not planting obvious clues. And what was the point about asking her to explain her choice of words? What kind of answer did you expect, Socks?

I'm not a fan of Fuzzypants' entrance. Three joke posts and an unexplained vote on Panther in the middle of the Socks/Panther exchange, fishy.

Archived