Our Most Hated - Book Characters Guessing Game

KhaleesiDany

The Holocaust was just my example of a serious war crime.

Theon killed those boys outside of 'the war'. To kill any child cannot be seen as a justifiable action during war times, even if it was Bran and Rickon rather than those two innocent boys. It's the same as if he went up to a man in the street and stabbed him, and said, 'it's ok, we're at war'.

He had his reasons. He had his regrets. He had nightmares. Theon Greyjoy, unlike Ramsay Snow and Joffrey Lannister, was a humanbeing with feelings. He was just a boy who was trying to prove himself to rest of the world and his family. They seperated him from his family when he was 10, and look at the reaction he got when he returned to Isles. Mocked by his sister, mocked by his father, despised by his uncle. He just wanted to be someone, and sadly in Westeros easiest way to get it is being feared of.

Tywin Lannister destroyed 2 houses and named as a great man. Jon Connington refused to burn a village when he was able to finish all rebellion and named as a loser. This is Westeros' truth.

Because life is ,indeed, not a song.

Lothar Imbel, you have played the Sansa to your own Ser Dontos (you know what I am talking about.) But I shall not punish you further than being required to dress in motley for this one turn. Don't be too upset about it because you are leading the board.

#13 Aeron Greyjoy, the Damphair

Zzzz...zzz...huh? I'm sorry, I was rereading some of A Feast for Crows to get ready for the write-up, and I fell asleep....

So it looks to me like we don't hate these lower characters for what they do in the story,so much as for what they put us through for having to read about them. The Damphair has the honor of being the first chapter in AFFC, preparing you for the snore-fest that is to come. Who is this person? What is he doing here? Maybe we just don't like change.

And, he isn't called the Damphair or even Aeron. He's called The Prophet. That change alone was enough to confuse me, without additionally being a new POV. It was only upon frequenting the forums that I learned "Damphair" is pronounced "Damp-hair" and not "Dam-fair." Even GRRM, who has said we can pronounce the names any way we want, was startled enough to correct people like me on that one. So laugh all you want but "p" next to "h" makes "f" sound, okay ...

I should mention more about his character, so let's see ... Theon remembers him fondly, until he meets him again, and sees how he grew into a stern and humorless man. No fun for Theon. By his own admission, when Aeron was young he wasn't really good at anything but pissing and getting drunk. Then he drowned in a battle against Stannis. But what is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger. The Ironborn words fit Aeron Greyjoy well, especially if you add "and more devout" at the end there. He even likes to drown other people, so that they will become religious like he is.

These days when he is not preaching, he swims, glares at others, and looks down at his niece Asha.

Statistics:

In 8 of 27 lists

Average Placing: 8.5

Highest Placing: 2

POINTS!

Lothar Imbel :dunce: 10

Chelly 8

Reek the Turncloak 8

Jaime's Wench 8

Silver Spearwife 7

DaniSnowborn 6

Fragon 6

Headless Jeyne 6

Lord Arryn 6

AryaSnow 5

eddard of the house stark 5

Jon's Queen Consort 5

Stavos 5

Early Earl 5

Lady Kraken 5

King Euron Greyjoy 3

The Kingmaker 3

Warg of Dragons 3

famousatnight 3

Franz95 3

cat of the commons 2

St. Arya of the Knife 2

Juanvito 2

Liar 2

Petyr Baelish the First 1 :)

Please tell me if I calculated anything wrong or anything like that.

Hint for #12:

A sellsword.

I will post it on Tuesday.

He had his reasons. He had his regrets. He had nightmares. Theon Greyjoy, unlike Ramsay Snow and Joffrey Lannister, was a humanbeing with feelings. He was just a boy who was trying to prove himself to rest of the world and his family. They seperated him from his family when he was 10, and look at the reaction he got when he returned to Isles. Mocked by his sister, mocked by his father, despised by his uncle. He just wanted to be someone, and sadly in Westeros easiest way to get it is being feared of.

Tywin Lannister destroyed 2 houses and named as a great man. Jon Connington refused to burn a village when he was able to finish all rebellion and named as a loser. This is Westeros' truth.

Because life is ,indeed, not a song.

I can see what you're saying, but what I was saying originally is that it does not 'undo' what he did. It's the same with Jaime, though I believe Jaime had a 'better' reason for doing what he did, insofar as it was to protect people rather than his own pride. The fact remains that whatever Jaime does/does not do in the rest of the series, it will not 'redeem' him for what he did to Bran.

I don't bother to get into debates about Ramsey or others like him because he is inherently evil. GRRM talks about how he likes to create grey characters, and he does that brilliantly, but for every one he creates also creates one archetypal villain.

Back to purpose...

1. Vargo Hoat

2. Daario slutface.

Archived