Where in the world is Aurane Waters?

Nikos Targaryen

I think he will turn up, or at least we'll found out about where he's gone. Cersei had him construct a large, formidable new fleet through Feast, it's sure to turn up and play a role somewhere, rather than just disappear and never be heard from again. As for who, I couldn't really say. Personally I would like him to deliver the ships to Stannis, and I'm interested by the theory about Dragonstone, but that's more because I support Stannis' claim than because I think it's most likely to happen.

I'd actually quite enjoy him sailing up to Eastwatch, and declaring loyalty to Stannis. His entire tenure as Master of Ships was a ruse to get ships for Stannis. Not sure how likely it is, but I want it.

Its possible, because aurene Waters supported Stannis from the begginig of the war, and not after Renly´s death.

He only bent the knee after he was captured in the Black water Battle, maybe to spare his own life.

He might have stayed loyal to Stannis in his heart and was waiting an oportunit to act in his favor.

I think he is sailing to the wall

I don't think he's bold enough to declare for Stannis (even though I would want him to.) He MIGHT declare for "Aegon," but most likely he's just chillin' and sailing somewhere reasonably far from Westeros.

he did start out for Stannis...was with him on the blackwater and bent the knee

You mean stupid enough to go back to Stannis....who would kill him and take the ships :)

I suppose that's a better word than "bold." Thanks xD

I'm not sure about Stannis killing him... maybe he would let him take the Black, given the circumstances. But he definitely wouldn't be all warm and welcoming. xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just think the conversation would go something like this..

Aurane: Stan the man! How you been? Man, is it cold up here.. I heard you've been doing pretty well for yourself carving out a big ol' kingdom up in here in the North. Someone even told me you cut out Roose Bolton's bastard's heart and fed it to his dogs, is that true?

Stannis: *Grind*

Aurane: Anywayyys. I brought you a present, big man. A fleet, a royal fleet. Stole it from Cersei herself! Can you believe she made me her master of ships!

Stannis: So, while you were serving the whore, as part of her small council, you offered her good advice on how to best destroy me?

Aurane: Me? Never bro, she was more into my looks. There were a hundred guys better for the job, but none looked as good as I. She even called me "Rhaegar" once, but I knew that once this fleet was finished, I would be able to bring it straight to you.

Stannis: And the fact that your fleeing happened to coincide with the exact timing of her imprisonment, this was pure coincidence? A bad act does not wash out the good yadda yadda... CHOP. Lord Davos, my Hand and Admiral of the Narrow Sea, I present you with your Royal Fleet.

This is why I don't see Aurane bringing the ships to Stannis, and rather the Tyrells or Aegon. Stannis is too rigid to accept Aurane, even if he does bring a fleet, how could he trust him? He bent the knee to Joff, then betrayed Cersei when she was arrested? I don't think Stannis would just take some finger joints like he did to Davos. Davos was literally a lifesaver who happened to be a smuggler with no significant ties to anyone. This is a different situation. And I'm not trying to be a dick at all, please don't take my response as condescending in any way. I just like to add a bit of humor if I can, I know it's my fault if it's not funny, I just try.

I don't agree, Stannis will have to forgive those who bent the knee after blackwater or he would have to behead the majority of his own bannermen in the Stormlands, never mind those who fought against him the whole time in the rest of Westeros. What if Aurane Waters always intended to steal the fleet from the Lannisters? The more I think about this guy the more I like him, House Velaryon declared for Stannis from the start is it really so unthinkable that Aurane is a Stannis loyalist? Maybe he was going to take the fleet anyway - which seems likely given his steps to install captains and men loyal to him rather than the crown - and he just seized his moment when Cersei was arrested, perhaps he would have done the same anyway once he had the opportunity...

I don't agree, Stannis will have to forgive those who bent the knee after blackwater or he would have to behead the majority of his own bannermen in the Stormlands, never mind those who fought against him the whole time in the rest of Westeros. What if Aurane Waters always intended to steal the fleet from the Lannisters? The more I think about this guy the more I like him, House Velaryon declared for Stannis from the start is it really so unthinkable that Aurane is a Stannis loyalist? Maybe he was going to take the fleet anyway - which seems likely given his steps to install captains and men loyal to him rather than the crown - and he just seized his moment when Cersei was arrested, perhaps he would have done the same anyway once he had the opportunity...

I agree. With Stannis lies legitimization and possible rewards.

I suppose that's a better word than "bold." Thanks xD

I'm not sure about Stannis killing him... maybe he would let him take the Black, given the circumstances. But he definitely wouldn't be all warm and welcoming. xD

Stannis: Hi have we met? Cause forgiving just isn't my way <dour look>

Stannis: Hi have we met? Cause forgiving just isn't my way <dour look>

I don't know hes brought a fleet. That's pretty useful.

He fought as a sellsail on the Blackwater rather than being directly sworn to Stannis. If Monford Velaryon (who died bravely on the blackwater) was his father, he could even be used to regain the Driftmark, by legitimizing him.

Stannis isn't punishing the Northmen who fought for Robb. It really depends on whose giving him advice, if Davos is back.

I don't know hes brought a fleet. That's pretty useful.

He fought as a sellsail on the Blackwater rather than being directly sworn to Stannis. If Monford Velaryon (who died bravely on the blackwater) was his father, he could even be used to regain the Driftmark, by legitimizing him.

Stannis isn't punishing the Northmen who fought for Robb. It really depends on whose giving him advice, if Davos is back.

I think there is a difference between Northmen who never swore for or against him swearing for him late in the game. As appose to someone who already swore coming back. Also i know a fleet is useful....but why would Stannis pay for what he already has?

Waters has been a Stan Man the whole time. You have to figure that of all the lords and knights and captives at least some of them would retain their loyalty. Bending the knee to the boy king while intending to provide intelligence or spy for weaknesses of the corrupt regime is a pretty slick way to serve the king you actual support. He probably planned on screwing over the Lannisters at some point, then when Cersei got herself imprisoned he just took the opportunity to awesomely steal all the boats she just raided the treasury and ignored more important manners to build.

Even though Stannis is renowned for his rigidness, surely he'll recognize the usefulness of a guy like Aurane Waters. He might be a little bit suspicious of how Waters acquired the fleet but he won't chop the guys head off. You can't look a gift horse in the mouth, so to say.

This is all going on the assumption Waters goes to Stannis. It's my only guess.

I think there is a difference between Northmen who never swore for or against him swearing for him late in the game. As appose to someone who already swore coming back. Also i know a fleet is useful....but why would Stannis pay for what he already has?

I still don't know, Davos convinced Stannis not to attack the Celtigars just because they swore for Joffrey to save themselves, quoting Stannis' choice between King and family. As a bastard and a mercenary we don't even know if Aurane actually swore fealty to Stannis during the fighting. I think he has a good chance if Stannis is generous.

Archived