Meaning of what Reek says

BobPhxville

That was the best part of the entire ASoIaF books.

I hope you're ironic. Because it was the worst decision they ever made in the show, and they made some really bad ones.

Reek's bound to be introduced in the 3rd season. There's still a chance for the show to do a good job of it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bad feeling that the TV Show will never have an "Old Reek" and it will just be Ramsay coming in and controlling Winterfell. Don't want to say too much here in case someone hasn't read all the books. (Trust me, do yourself the favor.) It makes me a little sad because those events at Winterfell with Ramsay tricking Theon puts Ramsay on a Hannibal Lector level of evil that if they included in the final episode would have people wondering/scarred about what Roose's bast... son and heir is all about for the next season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ramsay rapes and kills an anonymous girl, and hands her dead body over to Reek to have fun with. When Ramsay spots approaching riders, with his horse lamed, he dresses his servant up as himself and smears himself in the girl's excrement in order to pass as Reek, who then gets shot and killed on his behalf. The person Theon thought was Reek was Ramsay all along, captured and brought to Winterfell but managing to avoid detection because it wasn't widespread knowledge what Ramsay looked like. They only assumed the dead body was Ramsay's because it was wearing his clothes and ring.

Sorry. Hadn't read the other responses first. Yup, the producers jumped the gun on that one. Introducing Ramsay in the second series would have made more sense. Exactly how did Theon wind up at The Dreadfort after getting knocked out by his own men, and since when do the Ironmen revolt against their leader because they're scared they'll die in battle?. Doesn't have much continuity with the feel of the novels. And I still disagree with the producers throwing in a good looking Ramsay Snow.

Editing in however to say that Iwan Rheon has very much grown on me since I made this original post.

• 4 weeks later...

The Ramsay storyline/reveal: my god that was utterly horrifying. It's been awhile since I've read something that has thoroughly scared me but Martin did it! I do agree that the last scene with Reek/Ramsay & Theon was a bit confusing though.

Anyways, my 2 cents about the HBO version of the Theon/Ramsay situation: I'm not a big fan of it.

U also didn't like how they did this in the tv show but if they did it like in the books, the viewers who haven't read the books would get it very difficult to understand it.

I don't think that the show should be exactly like the books but I truly think that they are dragging out the storyline. IMO the mystery is just gone now. It worked for the first couple of episodes but now its just like, must we have an update in every episode of Theon and the "Boy"? And I'm not really interested in seeing specifically how Theon is being tortured (the show would benefit in leaving it up to the viewers imagination imo).

I don't think that the show should be exactly like the books but I truly think that they are dragging out the storyline. IMO the mystery is just gone now. It worked for the first couple of episodes but now its just like, must we have an update in every episode of Theon and the "Boy"? And I'm not really interested in seeing specifically how Theon is being tortured (the show would benefit in leaving it up to the viewers imagination imo).

I didn't know that they showed that in season 3 (I stopped watching after season 2)

It would have worked better if they had dropped Dagmer's character and given his scenes (which are virtually all Reek anyway) to Reek in season 2.

Had him gallop off to get help at the Dreadfort and then a helmeted (Ramsay/Reek unrevealed to Theon/audiance) Bolton knight knock Theon out.

Reek could have returned to help him at the start of season 3 before revealing his true self.

Archived