Is Jon Snow about to open is 3rd eye?

pestor

I was reading through this conversation while rereading AFFC and ADWD. Coincidentally I was on a Jon chapter. He's talking with Mel and thinks "At her throat, her ruby gleamed, a third eye glowing brighter than the others..." Might be nothing or it might be some interesting foreshadowing.

First post!

Welcome to the board. :)

A reminder to older hands: it won't actually hurt you to be polite in disagreement.

I just had a quick thought, does Sansa have a third eye?

Alright she doesn't have her Direwolf anymore, but why should all the other Stark children having warging abilities and not her. If she does have the ability what will she warg, we know the Stark children can warg into other animals. It would be awesome if Sansa could use her warging ability if she has it to mess with Littlefinger.

Well, she may have a touch of the greenseeing. Some have considered that she seems very empathic, and a few of her dreams seem to have some prophetic substance to them.

I despise the idea of Bran being the 3EC guiding himself. And it doesn`t really fit with the mantra of the series at all. Time travel is just too sci-fi which I believe Martin said he would avoid.

I was always under the impression the BR and the 3EC were the same person. I think the text can be interpreted both ways really. I wont be surprised if it is, I wont be surprised if the 3EC is a different entity altogether. The question would be, who? And why lead Bran to the COTF and BR?

Edit: On topic, I definitely see the 3EC making a move on Jon now though.

I despise the idea of Bran being the 3EC guiding himself. And it doesn`t really fit with the mantra of the series at all. Time travel is just too sci-fi which I believe Martin said he would avoid.

Isn't Martin a sci-fi writer?

I don't think 3EC = Future Bran though. So far as I can tell it's Brynden Rivers.

What Rivers' true agenda is I have no idea but it seems to involve Bran and Jon (through Mormont's Raven).

Yes, but I`m pretty sure he said he`ll be avoiding sci-fi explanations for things because this is a fantasy series. Now it`s possible he only said that about the seasons - in that there`s a magical reason, not a sci-fi reason - and I`ve just expanded it to include everything. If so, oops.

Either way, I can`t see him pulling time travel out this late in the story, it would look like a cheap plot device that is not needed in the story. There are much simpler explanations for the 3EC possible without the need for time travelling.

If Bloodraven isn't 3EC then is Bloodraven purposely misleading Bran for his own devious plan? That's something I've been wondering about. :D

Well Black Crow would be one to tell of his theory of the Morgane*, but the short of Bloodravens motive is that he is ready to die, He just has to train Bran to replace him.

Based off Morgan Le Fey like character.

Either way, I can`t see him pulling time travel out this late in the story, it would look like a cheap plot device that is not needed in the story. There are much simpler explanations for the 3EC possible without the need for time travelling.

Going threw time thru the Weirwood network is not Time Travel, its magic and Bran is already doing it. There is some evidence in the series. The biggest being that while wargging Ghost, Jon saw a face on a tree that looked like his brother, but with 3 eyes.

I like Black Crows Morgane theory better, but there are somethings that work for both theories. I just don't think that BR is the 3EC.

Well Black Crow would be one to tell of his theory of the Morgane*, but the short of Bloodravens motive is that he is ready to die, He just has to train Bran to replace him.

Based off Morgan Le Fey like character.

Going threw time thru the Weirwood network is not Time Travel, its magic and Bran is already doing it. There is some evidence in the series. The biggest being that while wargging Ghost, Jon saw a face on a tree that looked like his brother, but with 3 eyes.

I like Black Crows Morgane theory better, but there are somethings that work for both theories. I just don't think that BR is the 3EC.

@Scipio Africanus found the quote to prove that Bran did not time travel when Jon saw him. Pray, do tell me more about the Morgane theory, I'm afraid I'm not too familiar. Thankies! :)

@Scipio Africanus found the quote to prove that Bran did not time travel when Jon saw him. Pray, do tell me more about the Morgane theory, I'm afraid I'm not too familiar. Thankies! :)

It is a lot, but if you want to read it about it check out last couple of heresy threads, this is some of the background info if you don't know it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_le_Fay

Not time travel, but BR said to Bran that he wont be able to communicate with others. I just think it`s a terrible plot point and it introduces an endless cycle of time that`s endemic to bad, cheesy sci-fi. I`ll be very disappointed if Bran realised that it`s he who has to touch Jojen and subsequently himself. I think Jon`s vision was when Bran was down in the crypts.

What`s the Morgane theory?

It is a lot, but if you want to read it about it check out last couple of heresy threads, this is some of the background info if you don't know it.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Morgan_le_Fay

Thanks for the tip! I'll be in for some long reading. I'm not really well-versed in Arthurian stuff. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think 3EC = Future Bran though. So far as I can tell it's Brynden Rivers.

What Rivers' true agenda is I have no idea but it seems to involve Bran and Jon (through Mormont's Raven).

The 3EC almost has to be Bloodraven because of the birthmark, the very pale skin, and the missing eye.

Ok so now that the whole 3EC/Bloodraven dilema is cleared up and they are one in the same what are your thoughts?

The 3EC almost has to be Bloodraven because of the birthmark, the very pale skin, and the missing eye.

I thought that there was no doubt that Bloodraven was the three eyed crow...

Even before the new app that just came out.

Did you read this thread?

When Bran ask BR if he is the 3EC, BR says "a...Crow?" yes, I was a crow once." he has no idea what Bran is talking about, he only think of a crow as being a brother of the night watch. The fact that Bran think he is, means nothing.

I just had a quick thought, does Sansa have a third eye?

Alright she doesn't have her Direwolf anymore, but why should all the other Stark children having warging abilities and not her. If she does have the ability what will she warg, we know the Stark children can warg into other animals. It would be awesome if Sansa could use her warging ability if she has it to mess with Littlefinger.

She is called "little bird". Bran was called "winged wolf", while Arya "cat of the cannals". And she is in the Vale, most appropriate place for angry birds...

Did you read this thread?

When Bran ask BR if he is the 3EC, BR says "a...Crow?" yes, I was a crow once." he has no idea what Bran is talking about, he only think of a crow as being a brother of the night watch. The fact that Bran think he is, means nothing.

This is from the appendix of ADWD

-THE THREE-EYED CROW, also called THE LAST GREEN-SEER, sorcerer and dreamwalker, once a man of the Night’s Watch named BRYNDEN, now more tree than man.

So Bryden Rivers aka Bloodraven is the 3EC. I don't see what the issue is

Archived