Theon, the nightwatch, dragonglass and his archery skills..

I'm still of the opinion that Theon has severely paid for what he has done in ACoK, so I am trying to give him a break. For a heartbeat he wanted to listen to Maester Luwin and leave it all behind, maybe now he can actually do it and take the black sometime in the future if the Night's Watch still exists. I do not know, however, what an alive Jon would do to him, once he's there. He might get the Janos Slynt treatment.

I think some nourishment and sense of security could bring back Theon (+practice), but those are things that are difficult to get at the moment. :crying:

Your trolling skills are pretty weak bra.

Greyjoy genetics? Knight taught, An insight into the stark mind. Theon had amazing potential before Ramsey taught him his name.

I dont think ANYONE eho has the mond to read and absorve the entire aSoIaF series has the potential to be a true fs. Come on breh.

Can you ever really make up for killing two young boys and betraying the people who brought you up all your life? Not in the real world, no matter how many times you get flayed

In real life he should be in prison. It's hard to make up for what he did, that is true, but among the characters who did anything remotely bad or evil, he has paid the most.

Can you ever really make up for killing two young boys and betraying the people who brought you up all your life? Not in the real world, no matter how many times you get flayed

Reek killed the boys(and Theon's men) and convinced Theon to allow it and use it for his gain. And Theon was only a ward half his life.

I think Theon isn't as messed up as you think. In the first Reek chapter maybe but throughout the book he gerts better, he can ride a horse, kill a guy with a sword, use a dagger, and murder several people if you believe the Theon Durdin theories.

And while I do think it unlikely Theon may just be the PTWP. Like an earlier poster said the fact that he was a "Prince" was brought up quite a bit, and when he realized his true name in Dance the salt from his and Jeyne's tears and the smoke from the hot pools fit in with the prophecy. And if Theon doesn't shoot a dragonglass arrow at atleast one Other i'll be dissapointed.

He can sit a stot, and he can't do any of those physical acts of killing if you dont believe the Theon Durdin theories. Which I don't believe we are directly told he was too weak to be the killer. That is to say believing that theory invoves ignoring the facts then saying the facts must be wrong because they conflict with the theory.

Someone have a link to the Theon Durdin theory?

Search for "Who Is The Hooded Man" speculation threads and you'll encounter it soon enough. As the name suggests, it will spoil Fight Club for you, if you never got around to seeing/reading it but have been meaning to. So if that applies to you, do that first. Otherwise, search away!

• 4 weeks later...

He can sit a stot, and he can't do any of those physical acts of killing if you dont believe the Theon Durdin theories. Which I don't believe we are directly told he was too weak to be the killer. That is to say believing that theory invoves ignoring the facts then saying the facts must be wrong because they conflict with the theory.

One guy has that opinion. The fact that they call Theon on suspicion of him being the killer in the first place supports my theory. And it still doesn't change the fact that Theon gets progressively stronger as the story goes by. If Arya, a little girl, can kill multiple people then I think Theon can do some damage too.

I think Theon isn't as messed up as you think. In the first Reek chapter maybe but throughout the book he gerts better, he can ride a horse, kill a guy with a sword, use a dagger, and murder several people if you believe the Theon Durdin theories.

And while I do think it unlikely Theon may just be the PTWP. Like an earlier poster said the fact that he was a "Prince" was brought up quite a bit, and when he realized his true name in Dance the salt from his and Jeyne's tears and the smoke from the hot pools fit in with the prophecy. And if Theon doesn't shoot a dragonglass arrow at atleast one Other i'll be dissapointed.

Or a Weirwood arrow for a dragon... :)

In theory, Theon should still be able to fire a crossbow, which would mitigate the problems posed by his missing fingers and his diminished ability to eat solid food and keep his strength up. The crank mechanism supplies most of the power, and as far as we know Theon's eyes/aim are still as good

Anyone can fire a crossbow so long as they have the ability grab the cranequin, and attach/detach the hooks to the string. As for accuracy, crossbows are also far easier to aim and shoot. And the cranking mechanism doesn't supply any of the power, it just applies it in a way that even a toddler can apply the massive draw-weights required.

Either way, considering his manhood has been chopped off, he's not worth much anymore, and he can't do anything important, because there is no conceivable way that westerosi society wouldn't look down on him.

Archived