Theon, the nightwatch, dragonglass and his archery skills..

Uh, what does freak have to do with the prince that was promised? I'm not seeing a connection here, or a promise that was made to Theon.

The Azor Ahai Reborn prophecy says born amidst salt and smoke, not salt and rock. I'm also not sure that AAR automatically equals PTWP. It's not a connection that Melisandre or any red priests have made. I believe it was Maester Aemon that first made the connection when he asked about the PTWP and Mel just went along with it.

Hello fellow archer! A thread a couple months back sent me searching for exactly which fingers Theon lost and I was pretty impressed to discover that he lost no fingers that would affect his ability to fire an arrow.

Hi there! Yeah I think it strangely convenient that he still has the correct fingers. I can just see him about to get executed when the freys turn up and he fights for stannis by picking up a bow.

No. 19. He was captured when he was ten, and that was 9 years before AGOT. http://awoiaf.wester...p/Theon_Greyjoy

Just read the first Bran's POV

You are correct! He is a man grown, ambitious, vain, low cunning and NOT the PTWP. The PTWP's song is of Ice & Fire, not what is dead may never die.

• 7 months later...

Zucker said:

or a weirwood arrow...

You know, this was one of my crazy ideas about Theon´s character: him as the warrior who will kill a dragon with a weirwood arrow, just like Bran´s vissions. Glad to see you have a similar thought.

And it´s also very revealing to read that Theon keeps the fingers needed for archery.

Good post. I really believe there´s something of truth in this.

Archived