Stark Warging - DId Ned, his brothers and Father know

Quiet Isle

I always thought all six Stark kids were wargs but it had to be activated in each one. The crow does it for Bran, and later Bran does it for Jon. I don't think Robb was ever warging, but clearly he still had that strong mental connection with Greywind

While I understand what you are trying to say, I disagree.

The theory I believe is that Wargs need some traumatic to happen to them to "awaking" there true powers.

Sixskins had the whole killing his brother/dying as a dog/sent away thing.

Bran had falling to the ground

Bloodraven had losing his eye while fighting his brother (yes I know we dont know thats when he gain his power, but before it he lead a group of Bowmen, and was on the small council before, but afterwards he became Hand to the King, seems like his postion improved after he lost his eye)

Even to a lesser extent we have Arya who lost her sight, and then learned to warg a cat.

Makes you wonder about what is happening to Jon Snow doesn't it.

good point I guess, not everyone realizes they have the ability

Jon was told, by many people, and still did not "know" he had the power. Yet, he did "know" things from Ghost, and knew they were true.

I think the point is definetly not in magic running in the family trees (no pun intended about weirwoods). There are certain characters that appear to have been "chosen" to develop certain abilities, even if only at specific times or events, that will make the small but essential difference in the grand scheme of things, like the Stark children and Dany. Ned, Brandon, Lyanna, Viserys, etc are not essential characters nor will they play a major part in the light Ice vsand darknessfire that is escalating in the north, even if they played an important part in the political drama of the story.

You almost sound like a heretic :commie:

ETA: this is not a light vs Darkness story.

I always assumed the starks could warg but the gene went dormant due to the low level of magic, and that magic began to pick up again as soon as Dany got the eggs. She could always feel warmth in them, I just took that to mean they were contributing magic even before they hatched. All they needed was a targ.

Archived