Which major characters will GRRM kill off in TWoW?

maybe jon snow is dead?

i'll even go so far as to say that in TWOW we'll see ol barristan selmy die, maybe even jaime lannister, not his sister the queen, tyrion is gonna kill her, but tommen will be murdered, and myrcella too, maggy the frog doesn't mess around with her readings

the greyjoys, all the greyjoys die

theon, asha, victarion, euron crow's eye,

ramsay and roose

tormund giantsbane

cotter pyke

Stoneheart is way passed her due date. Her Frey vendetta and the new Brotherhood will be passed over to the new Smiling Knight, Jaime Lannister.

Victarion is as good as dead. There is no way Euron didn't anticipate Victarion willing to betray him so either the Dragon Horn will backfire or the Dusky Woman will strike. Team Dany now has a fleet to get back to Westeros which was why GRRM needed to send him East in the first place.

I hate to say/think it but I think Barristan will die defending that stupid city for Dany and he will be the catalyst for Dany's decision to finally go head back to Westeros.

Doran will kick the bucket. His death is exactly what will start the war that Darkstar wants (which will be revealed then). While Areo, Balon and Obara have gone to High Hermitage, Dakrstar will have secretly travelled to Sunspear. Not sure how this will play out without a PoV yet.

Sansa will be put a stop to Littlefinger's plotting once and for all. Whether she grasses him up to Yohn/Nestor/Harry/Blackfish or out manuveurs him will be part of her arc in Winds. Hopefully the latter.

Roose and Ramsay will both meet their end too. The North must be united!

....to the new Smiling Knight, Jaime Lannister.

You made me think about something. Maybe it's an alread establshed/discarded theory, but anyway.... Could Jamie get a new hand back with the help of the red priest? Like Victarion got an improved arm thanks to Moqorro?

Here are a the few I can say with good confidence I think will die.

Theon - every scenario I've seen that has him living beyond Stannis taking him to the Weirwood tree seems far fetched. He is currently half-mad, missing digits, extremely malnourished, and is now hanging from his wrists on a wall. People expecting him to survive would have me believe that Bran from the weirwood tree is going to explain enough, so that the not only will Stannis let Theon live, but feed him (at the expense of his own men) enough so that he doesn't drop dead and is healthy enough to enter a battle that is only a few days away. They would also have me believe that he needs redeption despite his last chapter was written as a redemption story (at least a deconstruction of one), despite the fact he sees it as one and even wants Mance to make a song out it. One of the main themes of the books is, "life is not a song" I don't expect Martin to write some true triumphant redeption for Theon so quickly after his redemption in ADWD.

Victarion - He's getting used by both Moqorro and Euron and doesn't appear to be smart enough to outmanuver either. I expect he will run head first into death at Meeren.

Stannis - He's been described as looking older ever since performing the ritual to create shadowbabies. Though it hasn't yet, I still expect his unnatural aging to catch up to him

The Boltons - I would put it past Martin to have one surivie, but if he wants to finish his story in seven books he needs to get rid of some minor villans. The Boltons would the obious choice since they are stuck among uncertain allies and a dwindling food supply.

Patxter Redwyne - No way do I see him triumphing over Euron. Euron's clever and has some trap

Littlefinger - Lysa, despite all her craziness, got him to where he was and she was devoted to him until death. Littlefinger will eventually find it was a mistake trading her for the less loyal Sansa.

Margaery Tyrell - I expect her to a victim of Varys's game to destabalize the Lannister - Tyrell alliance.

I'll answer by offering up some characters who I'm almost positive WON'T die in tWoW:

Sansa-- I believe that of all the Starks, she has the best shot at surviving not only through book 6, but the series overall. Her arc has been quite a different one than many travelling characters, but nonetheless filled with hardship and personal growth. If she were to find herself in a position of power, I think we'd see that she is surprisingly deft, just, and likeable; more like her (real) father than anyone suspects.

Jon/Dany/Tyrion-- While I know the holy triumverate won't survive the series in tact, I think it's safe to say they will all be present in book 7 at the final battle. With that said, by the end of the series I expect two of the three will be dead and one will survive.

Stannis-- Why the hell not? Live, bro!

Other than that, I don't feel strongly that anybody will DEFINITELY survive. We know the death toll has got to be pretty massive if we're gonna wrap this up in 2 books. Not that GRRM has to kill off characters who are no longer relevant, but death is the only device that will permanently remove the likes of say, Cersei or Brienne.

Archived