front cover

locke and key

With the arianne sample that was just published we got our first glimpse for the cover art of TWOW

Now normally the objects on the front cover are of no great relevance the only ones which actually have anything particular to do with the book are one of dany's dragons on The cover of AGOT and Robb's Crown on the cover of ACOK

On the Twow cover is a dark background upon which lies a long ornate horn.

Does this symbolise the importance of the dragon horn in this book or could this be the fabled Horn of Winter in which case does this mean the wall is gonna fall?

What do you think the horn is and more importantly what does it mean?

where is this cover? the only image I see with the chapter is the picture of Arianne (with Daemon Sand ion the background?)

Edit to add: looking through the cover art for the novels on GRRM's site, it is interesting that most of the cover art for AGOT features Jon and Ghost. Maybe evidence to him being the true main protagonist?

Edit to add: looking through the cover art for the novels on GRRM's site, it is interesting that most of the cover art for AGOT features Jon and Ghost. Maybe evidence to him being the true main protagonist?

If we consider GRRM's comments that there is no main character, Jon being on the front cover makes sense because he is more marketable to traditional fantasy fans than any of the other main characters (Daenerys, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Catelyn).

The "item" covers are too generic for me.

I have the Ned paperback and the season 2 crown paperback, then the ASoS and AFfC "item" covers. If ASoS is re-released with a glossy cover, which it should be, I'll buy it as well.

But I'm also considering buying hardcover editions for the first 4 books so I'll have a complete matching set.

Archived