Season 3 Image

locke and key

So so far both seasons of GoT have had a principal image used on posters:

• Season 1: Ned sitting ponderously on the iron throne his hand resting on a sword
  • Season 2: A Fist Raising triumphantly (what I presume based on It's description in the book) Robb's Crown

So what do we think will be the principal image used for marketing in season 3

Here are some of my guesses/ things I want to see

• Hoster tully's burning funeral boat travelling slowly down the river
  • Sansa crying in her wedding outfit
  • A Ghiscari flag on fire with an unsullied army passing by underneath
  • greywindf's drowned/bloody corpse
  • beric dondarrion raising his firesword to strike
  • jaime's hand being cut off with an axe
  • Balon greyjoy falling from pyke with a crow circling above

What do you think?

what would you like to see as the main image promoting season 3

Everything you listed would be a big spoiler if used as a poster. It can't give anything away. I think it should be a fire sword and a normal sword clashing (or maybe a white walker ice sword instead, for the ice and fire conflict) with a bloody background.

The crown in the fist is obviously Roberts crown. It has stag antlers on it, not 9 iron spikes shaped like longswords.

For season 3 I gues they'll go with either a flaming sword or maybe a crow? For the nights watch. Or maybe

a wedding chalice, For both RW and PW even though both wont be in S3

The crown in the fist is obviously Roberts crown. It has stag antlers on it, not 9 iron spikes shaped like longswords.

For season 3 I gues they'll go with either a flaming sword or maybe a crow? For the nights watch. Or maybe

The RW will be in season 3 but the PW will most likely be in season 4.

Wedding Chalice or Swords on a "Steel" background for this season.

THIS for next season, would be an amazing companion to season 1's pic.

that's a cool pic but it wouldn't make sense for next season as it's an event that's already passed. each season poster should be something that alludes to the coming season.

Perhaps a golden hand? Simple but effective.

But really the promo images follow the book titles:

• S1: A Game of Thrones: Ned on the Throne
  • S2: A Clash of Kings: A hand grasping Robert's crown

So I think logically it will be a sword or a lot of swords to fit the Storm of Swords thing, although the first half of the book is Part 1: Steel and Snow which too would make an effective image, with S4 being Blood and Gold.

POSSIBLE ASOS SPOILERS!!!

A man with a wolf's head on his knees and leaning on his sword. Make it look like it's some weird wolf-man as opposed to a stitched on wolf-head to avoid spoilers and I think a lot of people will get intrigued by it but nobody will actually expect what's coming. They'll think its just an artistic piece but then, boom. Nope.

I thought it was renly's crown

POSSIBLE ASOS SPOILERS!!!

A man with a wolf's head on his knees and leaning on his sword. Make it look like it's some weird wolf-man as opposed to a stitched on wolf-head to avoid spoilers and I think a lot of people will get intrigued by it but nobody will actually expect what's coming. They'll think its just an artistic piece but then, boom. Nope.

Might be too.... graphic? for the streets at least.

1. Either swords clashing or as assembly of different swords.

2. Some type of wedding symbol. Something showing bonds or ties.

3. Some type of broken object, symbolic or representing something.

4. A figure (we don't see a face, either blurry or in shadow) on a road. Because damn it, everyone is on the road somewhere traveling in this book.

All repetitious themes in book three.

But then again, season four is still book three so something may be a better fit for later.

Archived