In the event that Stannis wins... (spoilers)

King.In.Yellow

Isn't celebrating Stannis with blackjack and hookers like celebrating the birth of Jesus with an obscene orgy of useless crap and fat food?... oh, wait. :dunce:

The king wont mind, he will be so happy.

I'm rooting for stannis to win the battle of winterfel, pull off a brilliant alexander nevsky strategy and such, but I can't help but get the feeling that none of it will matter. With Jon Snow out of action for a bit the wall will come down and the others will finally be a larger part of the story. I mean I don't think GRRM will wait till the final book, I think we'll see this happen midway through Winds or at least by the end of it.

On a sidenote: where can I find the Theon TWoW sample? Is it on GRRM's website? Because when you click sample the only one you get is the recent Arianne sample.

Google it. There are copies floating about but the one from his site is gone. :(

I'm rooting for stannis to win the battle of winterfel, pull off a brilliant alexander nevsky strategy and such, but I can't help but get the feeling that none of it will matter. With Jon Snow out of action for a bit the wall will come down and the others will finally be a larger part of the story. I mean I don't think GRRM will wait till the final book, I think we'll see this happen midway through Winds or at least by the end of it.

The Others arriving in WoW? That could really scupper Stannis' plans. I think Stannis and his army are sitting ducks if the Others were to invade. They are already suffering the affects of the extreme weather and GRRM has made several hints that this winter will be much longer than others. Sorry, Stannis fans, but if the Others do invade early, I do not see Stannis surviving. And why shouldn't they? The Night's Watch has pretty much collapsed in on itself, and is now factionalised. The wildlings are potentially marching south, which means the Wall will be left unguarded. The Iron Bank will not come through with enough to beat a frozen!zombie army... if they even come good in time.

Fire and Stannis! Stannis is Coming! Ours is the Stannis! Hear me Stannis! We Do Not Stannis!

Stannis is just awesome no matter where you put him. In the event that he wins he'll wait for the worst of winter to pass and for Justin Massey to return with info as to which companies agreed to fight for him. Then he can use those companies to attack King's Landing or another place closer to the coast and march on the Twins himself. Something like that.

Archived