Worst Sibling in ASOIAF

Melpomene

I feel like I read different books to the ones the people listing Sansa read.

I'm inclined to agree. She's being lumped in with siblings who stuck their brother's head in a fire, murdered each other, wished to rape and kill their sister, and spent books plotting against each other. I would say that I'm surprised but I'm actually not.

A lot of the Frey's seem to be kind of shite siblings and relatives.

Yes, they really are. From the hints we get since we lack a POV, I get the impression they are just as dysfunctional as the Lannisters are and that Walder Frey purposely pits them against each other. Lots of infighting and factions within the family despite the attempt to present a unified face to the world. I also think that Walder's path to power with his big family is the very thing that will ultimately destroy the Freys in the end.

You must've been... Sansa definitely did not come off great early on. She definitely wasn't the greatest sister to Arya, and when she learned that she was supposed to marry Joffrey and become a princess, she got a pretty big head.

all brothers and sisters tease and lie and rat each other out occassionally to authority figures. you're going to criticize an 11 year old girl for being a normal kid?

i think i'm a pretty great brother and i have done way worse stuff to my siblings than calling them horseface or having a crush on a sadistic prince.

Bran

The kid is clearly a burden on his siblings because he just HAD to go climbing even though he knew he shouldnt. He sends his little brother to cannibal island with nothing but a woman to protect him while keeping a guy who is a smarter version of Robert Strong as his personal body guard. He almost gets Robb killed by riding out alone and then provoking some wildling refugees. He yells at Rickon all the time.

Bran is really an evil little bastard, hopefully he gets eaten by wights or something before he gets another chance to screw over his siblings

Renly

If Renly had done the right think and supported his elder brother (As Stannis did with Robert) The Lannisters would have been punished, There would be a safe Stark Family in the North and the 7 kingdoms would be able to easily defend themselves from any Targ attacks.

Also throw in Renly laughing about how ugly Stannis's daughter is during a Small Council meeting.

Worst siblings...it's hard to get past Gregor, Ramsey, Cersei, and Euron.

I'm serious, does the war for the crown even happen if Bran isnt a perv who goes all peeping tom on Jaime?

Yes, considering Ned and Cat had been told the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn and LF spent the entire book pitting the two families against each other. Not to mention Varys who was planning the return of fake Aegon, knowing it'd plunge the entire 7 kingdoms in to war. Bran was just one of many straws on the proverbial camel's back.

That "Jon's a bastard" line. Oh please, she was. Don't get me wrong, she's changed mightily after the events in King's Landing, but back in Winterfell she was very much an uppity ho.

Really? Then how is it that every thought Jon has of her is positive if she was just so awful to him? The funny thing is that she was accurate in her assessment, he was jealous and insecure over his bastards status.

And also, is calling an 11 year old girl an "uppity ho" the best description you can come up with?

Yes, considering Ned and Cat had been told the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn and LF spent the entire book pitting the two families against each other. Not to mention Varys who was planning the return of fake Aegon, knowing it'd plunge the entire 7 kingdoms in to war. Bran was just one of many straws on the proverbial camel's back.

Really? Then how is it that every thought Jon has of her is positive if she was just so awful to him? The funny thing is that she was accurate in her assessment, he was jealous and insecure over his bastards status.

And also, is calling an 11 year old girl an "uppity ho" the best description you can come up with?

he was almost certainly in on it too, which makes him even less likable!

I don't see how Viserys comes above Cersei who abused her little brother when he was a freaking infant for crying out loud.

I'd say it goes like this:

1. Cersei

2. Gregor

3. Ramsay

4. Euron

5. Viserys

Guys, come ON. Don't mention Sansa or Catelyn, that will be the height of exaggeration. Sansa only fought with Arya and Catelyn pretty much loved both Edmure and Lysa.

Archived