TWOW Prologue featuring Rickon

Eddward Stark

Nice prologue!

I'd take that over the endless and pointless Varamyr one or the stupid Pate one any day.

How was Varamyr's prologue pointless?

I'll agree that Pate's was quite dull, but there was useful stuff in there.

I doubt it will be from Rickon's POV, there are many other stories that could be covered in TWOW as early as possible, some of which that can be resolved in the prologue itself (ex. Cotter Pyke, Darkstar)

But I have a feeling too that a lot of what will happen in TWOW will be very shocking, so it's possible.

How was Varamyr's prologue pointless?

I'll agree that Pate's was quite dull, but there was useful stuff in there.

It was to me. Endless. Painful. Pointless.

I did not feel like I learned a thing I didn't already know.

What if the prologue POV character is some random cannibal or rapist with his gang of outlaws in Skagos, who try to attack a woman traveling with a poor, helpless boy, only to find out that it's Osha with Rickon Stark, who's now a badass 8-ish-year-old warg with a fearsome direwolf? Osha, Rickon (with bow & arrow?), and Shaggydog take out the gang, but the POV character plays dead, tries to sneak up on Rickon to kill him, when out of nowhere comes Davos Seaworth, who puts a knife in the guy's back.

I'm not saying I think this will happen, but how awesome would that be? (It could help speed up story a bit too, so we don't need a whole chapter or more dedicated to Davos searching for Rickon.)

Actually I find this pretty lame.

A more interesting prologue is one that starts with a poor helpless boy wandering around Skagos when he's suddenly attacked by two stranger, a woman a boy. He ends up on the dinner table of Rickon and Osha, who have both become cannibals after spending too much time in Skagos.

What if the prologue POV character is some random cannibal or rapist with his gang of outlaws in Skagos, who try to attack a woman traveling with a poor, helpless boy, only to find out that it's Osha with Rickon Stark, who's now a badass 8-ish-year-old warg with a fearsome direwolf? Osha, Rickon (with bow & arrow?), and Shaggydog take out the gang, but the POV character plays dead, tries to sneak up on Rickon to kill him, when out of nowhere comes Davos Seaworth, who puts a knife in the guy's back.

I'm not saying I think this will happen, but how awesome would that be? (It could help speed up story a bit too, so we don't need a whole chapter or more dedicated to Davos searching for Rickon.)

I am very much looking forward to seeing Skagos, but I predict it will be through Davos' POV. The prologue POV will be somethign else, something we need a different POV to to tell us. Maybe one of or someone around the Royces, giving an inside look at the opposition to Littlefinger in the Vale.

Or, how about this: the Others; or someone in contact with them: Benjen Stark. Or, the Hooded Man in Winterfell. Or one of the BWB, giving us a view on Zombie Cat and her band. Or a view of the operatiosn and activities of Zombie Cat and the BWB from someone else, such as a villager who witnesses one of their raids and executions of Freys or something..

Archived