How far along is GRRM on WOW?

WardenOfTheNorth

I'm hoping the writing flows easier for him as he has worked himself out of the story knot he got himself in by not making a 5 year gap and as this book will wrap up a lot of what has been brewing for two books that it almost can write itself based on his story plan.

Didn't he say he did 400 pages but only 200 are 'really finished'?

There was an interview from Feb. where he said the 200 revised /400 1st draft in 'manuscript pages'. I would link the interview but its firewalled here at work. But I think that's a good ballpark figure.

It was many months ago GRRM said the 400 pages/200 complete statement, so he should have been able to get through a couple of hundred more I'd say, regardless of how complete they are. Included in that will be a few chapters bumped across from ADwD though.

The problem with GRRM's quotes on how many pages he has finished so far is that, correct me if I'm wrong, but a LOT of those pages include the chapters he had originally intended for ADWD but decided to put them into TWOW. I think that's why he's been able to provide so many preview chapters

(Theon, Arianne, Vic, Barry chapters come to mind)

The real gauge of his progress on TWOW is how much he has written since. He also stated in early 2012 that he had a good chunk of time to dedicate to pure writing. Finally, he's stated in recent interviews that he's not as involved in day-to-day stuff with the TV show. Soooooo..... hopefully, over this past 1 year, he's had more time to write. As a group, we fans should I think make the sacrifice and ask GRRM to not make any appearances or do anything else that may distract him from writing! (Only half-kidding).

Archived