Who will sit the iron throne next?

The White Fish

After Tommen the closest male relative is Lancel Lannister, iirc.

The High Septon certainly would not mind crowning one of his faithful Warrior´s Sons. Sure, this relationship can only be rationalized by acknowledging Jaimes parenthood (which is an open secret anyway, Stannis has seen to that), but then the Targaryens did that all the time.

Of course no House would accept that, especially not the Tyrells. My bet is that Randyll Tarly, who is still camped outside of Kings Landing, would storm the City and claim the Iron Throne for Mace Tryrell putting Lancel and the High Septon to the sword (or perhaps all three fall victim to a poisoned dagger by a certain dornish Septa/Councilmember).

Such infighting would certainly aid Aegon Targaryen who is marching up to King´s Landing all the while....

After Tommen the closest male relative is Lancel Lannister, iirc.

The High Septon certainly would not mind crowning one of his faithful Warrior´s Sons. Sure, this relationship can only be rationalized by acknowledging Jaimes parenthood (which is an open secret anyway, Stannis has seen to that), but then the Targaryens did that all the time.

Of course no House would accept that, especially not the Tyrells. My bet is that Randyll Tarly, who is still camped outside of Kings Landing, would storm the City and claim the Iron Throne for Mace Tryrell putting Lancel and the High Septon to the sword (or perhaps all three fall victim to a poisoned dagger by a certain dornish Septa/Councilmember).

Such infighting would certainly aid Aegon Targaryen who is marching up to King´s Landing all the while....

I believe that the "Crown" referring to the Lannisters, Tyrells, Freys, and Boltons have declared everyone with the name Baratheon, other than Tommen and Myrcella attainted traitors who cannot inherit the thrown. With that in mind I believe even by westerosi law Myrcella becomes Queen. There is no other "Baratheon" besides Stannis and Shireen. I think if Tommen were to die, and no one else, that the Tyrells would want to marry the cripple who they wanted to marry to Sansa to Myrcella, it would be the only way to maintain some form of legitimacy and have both Lannisters and Tyrells sharing power. I know any male comes before a female, but I don't see how Myrcella isn't next.

By dornish law, Myrcella would be next, yes, but not by any other law.

Still, her SON would have a legitimate claim to the Iron Throne (and the Westerlands as well), so I agree the Tyrells would dearly like to have her wedded with one of their own.

Still I can´t see that ever happening with Myrcella in Dorne promised to Trystane; the Martells would be fools to ever let her go ("its too dangerous to send her back to Kings Landing with all the armies around") and even more if they openly declare for Aegon Targaryen.

By dornish law, Myrcella would be next, yes, but not by any other law.

Still, her SON would have a legitimate claim to the Iron Throne (and the Westerlands as well), so I agree the Tyrells would dearly like to have her wedded with one of their own.

Still I can´t see that ever happening with Myrcella in Dorne promised to Trystane; the Martells would be fools to ever let her go ("its too dangerous to send her back to Kings Landing with all the armies around") and even more if they openly declare for Aegon Targaryen.

In this instance she has it, as in the case of Sansa, all males of the main line are dead so main line females inherit before outline males inherit, another example being the Karstarks, the girl will inherit before her older uncle and his sons because she's born of the main line as in the child of the former lord.

In this instance she has it, as in the case of Sansa, all males of the main line are dead so main line females inherit before outline males inherit, another example being the Karstarks, the girl will inherit before her older uncle and his sons because she's born of the main line as in the child of the former lord.

In hindsight that might be why he added that segment with Alys Karstark. To clarify how succession works in a "this is how it works" manner.

Archived