[BOOK SPOILERS] Skipping ADWD & AFFC

TheEvilKing

@the_void: One problem is that the second half of the book, much more happened. We don't know where it will end for other characters this season. Some say that about 60% is in season 3 of SoS. That means that season 4 will be about 40% of SoS. More happened per page, so in the end every page needs more time.

how I see it for the next to season:

Season 4:

Sansa: Ends the whole SoS part. Season 3 is about who she's going to marry. her arc ends with her praying for her mother and brother who died. Season 4 begins with a set up for PW probably happening around episode 3 or 4. Than she needs to escape, going to the Eyrie. The season ends with the dead of her aunt.

Arya: Season 3 ends with the RW escape for here. The next season she will know her mother is dead, there will be a fight with some lannister man and the hound (probably episode 5). Then se goes to Braavos. Maybe her whole first chapter from FfC.

Bran: Season 3 ends with his SoS part. so season 4 needs to be about his DwD part.

Jon: Season 3 doesn't contain the battle at Black water, so this will happen next season. That means that my prediction is that a big battle at the wall will happen in one episode around episode 7. That way the season can close with 3 episodes about who will the next comander be. This means that the last Jon chapter from SoS will be in season 5. (Westeros.org thinks that the whole comander choosing will be in season 5.)

Sam: Season 4 ends with Jon.

Tyrion: Season 3 ends with a scene where Tywin, Joff, Tyrion etc talks about the RW. Season 4 will contain the PW (episode 4) His trial (episode 5/6/7). killing his father (episode 9), escaping KL (episode 10)

Jaime: SoS finished and finding his father dead (Cercei chapter from FfC)

Davos: He will be at the wall with Stannis, change from books. I think this because that way, he will be more on screen, Stannis can send him in season 5 towards White Harbor.

Iron islanders: Probably the whole kingsmoot storyline. Euron just get chosen as new king.

Theon: I think season 3 will be little toture and trying to escape. This season will probably end with his first chapter from DwD. I even think he will be assume dead the whole season 4 until the last 2 episodes.

Danny: Taking over Mereen, will probably be bigger, we will see strategy etc. There will be couple of attacks, she will be queen, jorah send away, drogo kills a child. She puts Viserion and Rheagal in a cell.

Ending with lady stoneheart, or one of these when lady stoneheart will be in season 3: Bran :( Meeting Young Griff, instead of finding out through the next season, we will find it out by just seeing the scene. Danny putting her dragons in the cell.

Don't forget that D&D don't look at the story like, there need to be much in it. They look at it that every characters has one big change (if that's possible). And they handle it that way. Don't forget that they intend like in season 3 making the Tyrells more important than in the books, that they will do that in the future too, they will invent things. We will see Doran probably in season 4, thinking he's not important. We will see Myrcella shortly (for keeping her character). And other things.

I think I will look this week at the FfC and DwD chapters and try to merch them into one big book. (for DwD that means the dreams of dust chapters)

I'm pretty sure they'll spend at least 2 seasons on it. There's just so much material they could use from AFFC/ADWD.

ACOK only had 10 POVs and Season 2 struggled to balance each of its characters and some storylines lost quite a bit in the translation. AFFC/ADWD has 21 POVs between them and 3 prologue/epilogue chapters. Sure, you could argue that some of the early material could be moved into Season 4 (like the early Ironborn and Dorne stuff) and that there's "filler" that could easily be trimmed there's still plenty of material to justify at least two seasons.

Although I agree with others and think that a Season 6 should end with some early TWOW material.

A few structural changes they need to make to get through the content of Feast and Dance a little smoother:

1. Kill Balon Greyjoy this season and move the Iron Island power struggles into S4; introducing Victarion, Damphair and Euron earlier.

2. Arianne HAS to travel to King's Landing in Oberyn's party in S4, they can't wait to introduce her later. If audiences are familiar with this character and actor immediately as S5 kicks off, you won't have too much trouble explaining why she's so desperate for revenge, especially if she's just watched her uncle die. It'll help if she's amazingly attractive.

3. If Season 3 ends with the Battle for Castle Black and Ygritte's death, then they can't use all of S4 building to the Battle for the Wall as they did with S2 and Blackwater. Ideally, they should make that Battle last a few episodes (Ep4-7), just as it lasted for a few chapters in the book. They can cut away with other scenes, but never keep it far from the viewers mind. They really need to use this time to show Jon as a good Battle Commander to make later events a little more believable. They absolutely shouldn't rush it. It's bigger than Blackwater, as D&D have mentioned, and needs to be treated as such.

4. Instead of expanding the Arya/Hound storyline, they should add to the Arya/Faceless Men storyline. Have her arrive in Braavos by the end of S4, at the very latest.

5. I don't know what to do about Dany, it's a mess. I do not envy the showrunners in this regard. They'll need to really expand the sieges of Yunkaii and Meereen, showing the takeovers in supreme detail - Jorah and Selmy in the sewers and what not. Have the dragons start going crazy towards the end of S4 which tells her to slow down to train them a bit better.

6. Brienne's arc in Feast will likely move into S4 as well, because Jaime will be back at King's Landing by S3's end. She needs to get involved with the Brotherhood earlier, because they'll be characters we already know but won't get too much of a chance to see beyond this year. This will depend greatly on when they decide to introduce UnCat to the viewers.

7. Theon's a tricky one, I don't know what they can do with him in S4, if anything. I guess they get Ramsay to use him to clear the Greyjoy's out so the Boltons can start moving back North, that's only a few scenes though. Cut this against Euron starting to focus on the reach and it'll work well.

8. PW in S4 Episode 2 or 3. That'll give Tyrion, Tywin, Cersei, Jaime and the Tyrell's more than enough to do in S4, heading nicely into Tyrion's arc in Dance, and Jaime and Cersei's arcs in Feast.

9. More Kevan Lannister (that's a joke, but seriously, it wouldn't hurt).

Archived