Post count

DreamSongs

I guess I posted my question in the wrong area since it was locked.

Why do Forum Games posts not count towards post totals while Gen Chat posts do?

Several of us in Forum Games are curious about that, but no one seems to know.

Thank you!

I refer you to the thread titled "Forum Games Information", as pinned in the Forum Games section.

The first sentence of that thread is reproduced below:

Forum Games is the home for several varieties of games and board leisure activities. Moderation is more relaxed here, and one-line posts and spamming are tolerated. Posts on this forum do not count towards your total postcount.

This is because of the general board rule, reproduced from the Board Style Guide:

3. Your posts should have actual content.

Posts that do nothing except agree with a previous post, for example, or posts that consist of nothing but emoticons are usually a waste of time and contribute nothing. There are exceptions according to context, so this is not a hard and fast rule: but mods may delete posts that seem to them to contribute nothing but an addition to your post count.

That said, even within forum games it is to be noted that 'racing' in threads is not acceptable.

I refer you to the thread titled "Forum Games Information", as pinned in the Forum Games section.

The first sentence of that thread is reproduced below:

This is because of the general board rule, reproduced from the Board Style Guide:

That said, even within forum games it is to be noted that 'racing' in threads is not acceptable.

What is 'racing'? :blush:

Archived