The Winds of Winter untouched topics

Mathis Baratheon

Personally as far as a Vale landing goes it would kind of ruin the all of the intrigue that has already been set in motion and make it utterly pointless in many ways.

IMO I think Sansa is loyal to LF right now and even after the death of her aunt she has still helped him. If anything else she sees him as her best bet at reclaiming Winterfell from the Boltons and Lannisters.

As for a landing while it sounds interesting I think landing in a snow covered mountain region with an army that has only known desert or grasslands would be ill advised. And likely would be advised against even if mentioned. I think a more likely landing would be around casterly rock where tyrion knows best or actually in Dorne who while considering Aegon haven't actually decided to join him. I personally think Aegon won't survive the battle at Storms End given the behavior he has shown recently, but that's another discussion entirely.

And Finally while the Vale is in a standstill state inside of itself, it will probably continue to avoid taking sides. I think there will have to be a major power shift in the current warring factions before they side with anyone. This just my own thoughts on the matter I apologize if it sounds rude.

Wrong side of Westeros. Also, there are three main points they can land, White Harbor (out because of your statements) Gulltown (likely) or Kings Landing (unlikely due to lack of allainces/ info)

Wrong side of Westeros. Also, there are three main points they can land, White Harbor (out because of your statements) Gulltown (likely) or Kings Landing (unlikely due to lack of allainces/ info)

Right sorry I forgot about casterly rock. But Dorne is still possible although this is assuming they use a port at all given the GC landing it proves that it isn't necessary.

Right sorry I forgot about casterly rock. But Dorne is still possible although this is assuming they use a port at all given the GC landing it proves that it isn't necessary.

If Barristan hears Dorne declared for Aegon, that eliminates that. Better to go for the Vale where there are potential allys and not enemies.

If Barristan hears Dorne declared for Aegon, that eliminates that. Better to go for the Vale where there are potential allys and not enemies.

I would like to add that Dorne, like the North, is to far removed from the main prize which is of course Kingslanding. Other reasons for landing in the Vale (Idon't know if you read this post alreadry):

The Vale was divided from the get go, there were lots of Targaryen supporters. The staunchest Targaryen loyalists in fact were the nobles of Gulltown, the port city of the Vale.

It also makes strategic sense to land their (since the West coast is of limits), think about it. Dorne and the Stormlands are in Faegons hand. Kingslanding is still held by the Tyrell-Lannisters and landing in the North would be ridiculous since it is so far away from the capital. You also have to keep in mind that Dany will need a place where she can safely unload all her people, they need some time to adjust to the harsher climates and they’ll need time to rest, especially her Dothraki who have never sailed before. Dany’s armies are most vunerable just after they land (Unsullied need time to assume their positions, the Dothraki need time to get rid of their sea legs and unload their horses). The Vale is also fairly untouched by war, their supplies are still intact. She’ll need those to equip and feed her army with because she won’t have much space on her ships to take all the supplies she needs with her from Essos. The Vale is also essential because the Vale Lords are needed to give Dany a more native flavour (instead of being just a foreign invader).

Another huge pro is the fact that Dany has Tyrion with her. Tyrion knows the Lords of the Vale, he knows that there is no love lost between the Vale Lords and the Lannisters, he also know that the Lords of the Vale want to fight to avenge the family of their overlords.

Tyrion als has an account to settle with LF and by doing so Tyrion and Dany would be able to take SweetRobin into their care.

The Vale is also very strategicly placed because it threatens Kingslanding from a direction which was deemed pacified by the Lannisters. The Vale itself is also a fortress, once Dany is able to dig in there, it will be hard to get her out. If Dany takes the Vale and she's able to get the Lords their on her side she also has a big chance of turning Riverland and Northern lords into allies or at the very least make them lay low (since Dany cuts the Lannister powerbase in half, the Lannisters have no way of knowing what the Northern lords for instance are doing, if the Northerners just decide to stay putt and pretend to fight her they can't do anything about it).

One last argument is that it would be ironic for Dany to land in the Vale. IIRC correctly one of the major Blackfyre rebellions (the one after the fiasco described in “the Mystery Knight’) started with Bittersteel landing in the Vale. So if Faegon, the Blackfyre pretending to be Targaryen, lands in the Stormlands and then takes Kingslanding (which I assume he will) he looks more like a “real Targ” than Dany who lands in the Vale where there was once a big Blackfyre invasion.

OK, I'm convinced, Dusky Woman is killing Vic, although it might not be in Mereen. Dany would look badass or pretty depending on what she's wearing, but never more, never less. Tyrion also shared a lot of things with Sansa, I don't think hair color would make her unreconizable.

KHTarg you agree with me? Finally :bowdown: :cheers:. I do wonder when Vic is going to bite the dust, but he'll be arround for a few chapters more, so I agree with you that he'll probably survive Mereen.

Dany would look badass or pretty depending on what she's wearing, but never more, never less.

Let's face it, Dany Always looks :drool: (finally got to use this emoticon).

Tyrion also shared a lot of things with Sansa, I don't think hair color would make her unreconizable.

Oh, I didn't make myself very clear there. I meant that if Dany comes along she could Always lay low and pretend to be Alayne, which would make her feel safer even if Dany clearly holds a grudge against the Starks (she doesn't of course). If Tyrion comes along it's immediatley game over, so she would be more affraid of Tyrion because he would blow the cover which kept her safe for so long.

Aeron said to Asha that he would fight against Euron callling the power of the people in Iron islands.

Most likely, we will see some kind of popular revolt against Euron in the islands.

Since GRRm quoted that we would see some "weird and twisteed" thing in his chapter, maybe he will use use some kind of drowned god magic to do this

KHTarg you agree with me? Finally :bowdown: :cheers:. I do wonder when Vic is going to bite the dust, but he'll be arround for a few chapters more, so I agree with you that he'll probably survive Mereen. Let's face it, Dany Always looks :drool: (finally got to use this emoticon). Oh, I didn't make myself very clear there. I meant that if Dany comes along she could Always lay low and pretend to be Alayne, which would make her feel safer even if Dany clearly holds a grudge against the Starks (she doesn't of course). If Tyrion comes along it's immediatley game over, so she would be more affraid of Tyrion because he would blow the cover which kept her safe for so long.

1. XD

2. :drool: x2

3. Maybe, but if Sansa pretends to be Alayne, Sweetrobin is enough of a child to come out with her real identity.

1. XD

2. :drool: x2

3. Maybe, but if Sansa pretends to be Alayne, Sweetrobin is enough of a child to come out with her real identity.

I don't remember so I'll ask: Does SR know that Alayne=Sansa (I think he doesn't know)? Because if he doesn't than I think that Sansa is smart enough to keep him in the dark about her true identity.

I don't remember so I'll ask: Does SR know that Alayne=Sansa (I think he doesn't know)? Because if he doesn't than I think that Sansa is smart enough to keep him in the dark about her true identity.

He doesn't but it should come out soon. One doesn't simple go after his daughter with an army to force her to marry.

He doesn't but it should come out soon. One doesn't simple go after his daughter with an army to force her to marry.

I don't know. The others in Sansa's company will know, but I firmly believe that SR is stupid enough to be kept in the dark.

I don't know. The others in Sansa's company will know, but I firmly believe that SR is stupid enough to be kept in the dark.

Why should Dany come up to the mountain to save her, burning a lot of armies on the way, for a bastard girl? If she hears it's Sansa, Tyrion will want to go. Dany will want to negotiate, Barristan and Grey Worm are needed for battle, and Jon, the third dragon rider, won't be in her group yet.

Why should Dany come up to the mountain to save her, burning a lot of armies on the way, for a bastard girl? If she hears it's Sansa, Tyrion will want to go. Dany will want to negotiate, Barristan and Grey Worm are needed for battle, and Jon, the third dragon rider, won't be in her group yet.

Dany flies to the Eyrie to search for SR, the heir to the Vale. Sansa's identity will be revealed later.

Dany flies to the Eyrie to search for SR, the heir to the Vale. Sansa's identity will be revealed later.

There's also Yohn Royce. I think that Royce and Sansa will work together on bringing down littlefinger. After Harry the Heir chases after Sansa, Royce demands Sweetrobin and Sansa for alliance. Tyrion hears about his wife that way, and flies to rescue her. Dany would stay and hammer out other terms of alliance such as land, honors, pardons, and marriages.

There's also Yohn Royce. I think that Royce and Sansa will work together on bringing down littlefinger. After Harry the Heir chases after Sansa, Royce demands Sweetrobin and Sansa for alliance. Tyrion hears about his wife that way, and flies to rescue her. Dany would stay and hammer out other terms of alliance such as land, honors, pardons, and marriages.

The thing with Royce is the fact that he's the one that knighted HtH. Royce also seems to try to marry HtH to one of his daughters. I think that a new politicly savy Sansa might be weary of Yohn Royce

The thing with Royce is the fact that he's the one that knighted HtH. Royce also seems to try to marry HtH to one of his daughters. I think that a new politicly savy Sansa might be weary of Yohn Royce

Knighting someone had no connection. Also, the Royces have bigger connections to the North and to Sweetrobin. Royce would likely piece together Harry + Littlefinger's bastard = something happening to Sweetrobin.

• 1 month later...

This is probably off topic but does anyone think that Tyrion's marriage to Sansa will last or be an issue for the marriage to Harry. I mean she is technically still married even if it wasn't consummated.

After Prince Aegon defeats his enemies and takes the Iron Throne as King Aegon, he will reward Tyrion for killing the usurper Joffrey Baratheon and the traitor Tywin Lannister by naming Tyrion Lord of Casterly Rock.

Tyrion and Sansa will then live together happily, and she will bear him many, many children. Half of them will be dwarfs.

There are a lot of rumours that Stannis will be the "Night King" I dont really believe this, I'm thinking that he will be King In The North, with Rickon as his Heir for a short time. Stannis will lead the fight against the Others, but will bend the knee to Daenerys when she lands. Probably all this wont happen, just hope he brings the book out soon! :bang:

I think Stannis role die against the others.

My guess he will stop war for the iron throne when he knows about the long night and the others invasion to fight them.

I figure that, by this time, he will have recovered most of his force and the fear and respect of many houses that will suport him.

He s going to turn noth to fulfill his duty as king and (fake) AA. He will have a great army, most people will think he going to win.

But he will be crushed by the others, and all will think that the realms of men are done... Until Daenerys arrives

After Prince Aegon defeats his enemies and takes the Iron Throne as King Aegon, he will reward Tyrion for killing the usurper Joffrey Baratheon and the traitor Tywin Lannister by naming Tyrion Lord of Casterly Rock.

Tyrion and Sansa will then live together happily, and she will bear him many, many children. Half of them will be dwarfs.

Tyrion is backing Dany. He made that decision when he gave flawed advice to Aegon.

Archived