Would you ever......

TheRedStag

Yes.

I really like Cersei, Nymeria, Sansa and Daenerys.

As for the guys names. I like Rhaegar and Viserys, but it might be a little to weird for real life.

The true question is how many children named Hodor there would be.

i'd love to meet someone that seriously named their child Hodor lol

Renly for a boy and Arianne for a girl :)

Just hope they don't grow up to be like their namesakes.

A overly ambitious gay son and a fierce and very sexual daughter.

The son i'd be absolutely fine with, the daughter.... only the fierce part.

Naming your child Arya would be a very bad idea, in germany at least, since everyone would think the parents are most likely some neo-nazis. I like Lyanna, Catelyn and Elia, but I would call my child after a family member or a very good personal friend. So Edric would be possible for a boy since I have a nice Cedric in the family and a very good friend nicknamed Ed, who´d make the best godfather. A girl I´d like to name after my grandmothers either Eva or Elisabeth, though Elisabeth is a bit too oldfashioned and long for my taste, I love all the possibilities to call her then, Lisa, Eli, Lia or Elia. Of course she´d insist on being called Betty, probably, which I don´t like so much.

I´d refrain from the strange spellings with all the ys, since it reminds me of this.

Jane - Daria thinks the name Mystik Spiral sounds like a Doors cover band that plays brew pubs. Don't ya, Daria?

Daria - That's not exactly what I...

Trent - Hmmm... maybe you're right. Would it help if we spelled mystik with two Y's?

Daria - (VO) And I'll spell my name D-A-R-Y-A and be crowned Miss America. (spoken) It might.

Daria

A girl I´d like to name after my grandmothers either Eva or Elisabeth, though Elisabeth is a bit too oldfashioned and long for my taste, I love all the possibilities to call her then, Lisa, Eli, Lia or Elia. Of course she´d insist on being called Betty, probably, which I don´t like so much.

I'm generally in favour of giving a child the "full" version of the available name even if it is a bit of a mouthful, since you (and, later, they) can choose whichever version of it they like, and it also gives them a "serious"-sounding formal name for professional purposes.

Of course, sometimes it doesn't quite work like that. I gave up on being called anything but the shortest version of my name (by anyone but my parents) after it was shortened by default by everyone I met, however I introduced myself and whether I wanted them to or not.

Archived