[BOOK SPOILERS] Tyrion/Shae/Ros/Littlefinger/Varys

teemo

Does anyone believe the show´s Tywin would willingly slept with Shae? He hates whores and he seems to be still very much devoted to his late wife. Even in the book I thought that "twist" is coming out of thin air (GRRM just needed a reason why she is in Tywin´s bedroom), but on the show we know Tywin much better. He is not someone who would take his deformed son´s whore into a bed.

I think the story will be completely different and unlike Bronn (where they always make sure to point out his lack of loyalty) Shae will not have any active part in the betrayal. Tyrion will escape, finally ready to give up all and have the simple secluded life with Shae they discussed last season, but Shae will be gone. Then he will confront his father who will laugh at him and how pathetic he is for falling for a whore so Tyrion will kill him. And then someone (Varys) will hint she may still be alive and was put on a ship to east thus give his whole "where the whores go" journey a real purpose.

That's all possible, but the whole point of Shae being in Tywin's bed --or the whole point for Tywin, anyway -- is that he's completely hypocritical, almost closeted. So, you shouldn't see it coming, because he keeps up an excellent front. You think Tywin Lannister is about to let ANYONE see him with a prostitute? No way in hell.

I do wish there was some way to get a little bit more about that, how his own desires contribute to the way he treats Tyrion, but there's no one the books who would know. Maybe the show will feel like they need to explain better, if there aren't major changes to Tyrion's story coming, and we'll get someone doing a little exposition on the subject.

Has it been confirmed in the books that Varys doesn't know who has Sansa?

I'd say that with the lengths LF went to to avoid the "little birds" (ie dontos on the steps, lothor brune in the bay) that it is heavily implied that Varys doesn't know. He does say he had reports of sansa and Dontos heading toward the bay, which probably comes from when Sansa was afraid to descend the stone ladder and broke the silence.

That's all possible, but the whole point of Shae being in Tywin's bed --or the whole point for Tywin, anyway -- is that he's completely hypocritical, almost closeted. So, you shouldn't see it coming, because he keeps up an excellent front. You think Tywin Lannister is about to let ANYONE see him with a prostitute? No way in hell.

I do wish there was some way to get a little bit more about that, how his own desires contribute to the way he treats Tyrion, but there's no one the books who would know. Maybe the show will feel like they need to explain better, if there aren't major changes to Tyrion's story coming, and we'll get someone doing a little exposition on the subject.

there was a thread detailing a theory that when Varys shows Tyrion the secret tunnel to chatayas whore house his anecdote about who the passage was built for (a hand who could not be seen there due to his "honor") is none other than Tywin himself. IDK if true but its an interesting idea that it may have been foreshadowed, even if covertly placed.

EDIT: I guess we can assume from the LF/Sansa scene and Queen of thorns scene that Show Varys' little birds are not as omnipotent as Book Varys'.

I've been thinking, would they use Ross in the fake Arya role some people is thinking, but as a fake Sansa instead? It has the plot benefits of linking her back to Theon. She can really desire it (until she meets Ramsay, that is), as it will be some serious social climbing. And they are much closer in age, plus both of them are redheads. I mean, Ross can't pass for Arya, but may pass for Sansa in front of people who doesn't know Sansa.

The weak point is that Sansa would have to be officially acquitted of the charges against her regarding the PW. Maybe Sansa gets reliable information about the Lannisters wanting her extraofficially dead to cover up for Ross, and causes her to keep her identity hidden?

I'm going with the popular guess that Ros will take Dontos' place in assisting Sansa's escape, and LF will kill her having known she was an agent for Varys. Why else include that scene, there wont really be anywhere to go with it once LF and Sansa leave KL, plus it sets up LF as a despicable major villain following Tywins death

Archived