A Few Questions (Book Nuts I Need Clarification) [SPOILERS]-[THEORIES]

HouseCrellin

Okay Firstly,

I had to join the forums because 1 - My mother read the books and cannot properly answer my questions anymore. This is probably due to fact that she read them a while ago.. My questions have become too complex or heavy for her to remember the smaller details anymore. And we will go with this theory over the other one that im just annoying her now and she doesn't care to answer. :P hahaha. 2. I needed someone other than the absolute idiots at my work and school place who read the books and have seen 5 episodes of the series on repeat who claim to know everything about everyone in the series... So annoying. So my friends of A Forum of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones, I have come to the only safe haven of Game of Thrones knowledge I have come to trust, you guys and girls.

Again I apologize for my long-windedness now, This is very exciting to me to be able to share my thoughts and opinions with people who are as interested as me (and more)...

My thoughts are a bit scattered as I have not delved into the books as of right now, I know, I know, I'm going to take heat on this regard...School is important and as it is, I enjoy reading the wiki and your guy's opinions over all else at this point in time. I will read the books in the future. I can't stress that enough, I just can't fit it in right now. So bare with me here... Be my books. haha!!

Okay now to the meat and potatoes of why I made this thread in the first place... :D

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF ANYTHING IS WRONG IN MY LOGIC, it's why I'm here in the first place :)

Question Numero Uno : Euron Greyjoy, has his character been cast yet? Is he set to show up in season 3 or 4? ... HERE --->↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver. It is mentioned that Euron had a DRAGON EGG at one point in time.. Could it be possible that he still has this, or is this true that he threw it into the ocean? GRRM has been known to be tricky with these sorts of things.. I feel like there is more to be told...

Question 2 : With Robb veering off into a new direction marrying Talisa and banging her... Is there a possibility that Robb is lived out by a son, from Talisa? Theories I know, but these are the things that come to mind as I am connecting my wiki pages to the tv adaptation...

Question 3 : I am confused as to what has Happened in Qarth, who is the ruler now that everyone is dead?

THIS IS ONE FOR THE PURISTS

Question 4 : My last question, but more of a theory statement. The R+L=J theory. Is it truly possible that Jon could be a dragon blood prince? That would make him a first cousin of Daenerys. I noticed in the first season, although i cannot pick out a single episode in which this occurred. Jon goes to kill the wight in his commanders home when he grabs the torch from his hands WITH HIS BARE HANDS MIGHT I ADD, and suffers no burns or repercussions for this act... Is it possible he is immune to fire like his cousin? Anyways let me know your thoughts.. Jon also has brown eyes.. All starks born by Ned have blue eyes as it is descirbed by Cat that Jon had "brown eyes" ... This could lend credence to the fact that it was not Ned's bastard.

Anyways, please help me out and add as you wish. If I am mistaken on any front, please correct. Thanks Guys :)

- HouseCrellin

Alright man, I got you.

1. Euron Greyjoy won't show up during Season Three. When Balon became king of the Iron Island and the North (by conquest), Euron was banished and cannot return to the Iron Islands. His dragon egg is mentioned once and after that never again, if he does he has no clue how to hatch a dragon from it. He does have another dragon related item that becomes important.

2. She hasn't gotten pregnant in the show yet which is not good. If it doesn't happen soon, possibly while in Riverrun this coming couple of episodes. In the books Robb leaves her without a pup in her belly and goes to the Twins, Jeyne is then visited by Jaime Lannister at Riverrun, who finds her to be without chid. He may get it in all the time but nothing seems to be occuring from it. Roose Bolton is also a giant cock block.

3. Qarth is a mess. In the books Dany kills Pyat Pree with dragonfire (awesome) and leaves Xaro Xhoan Daxos in his house. She just sails away from Qarth instead of locking him and a handmaid who betrayed her. (No handmaid ever will harm dany, she is loved by her close companions, although she does make some awful decisions throughout her life). In the books dany is visited by Xaro in Meereen after she leaves Astapor with her Unsullied Army. She will do the same in the TV show I assume but Xaro won't show up because he was locked in a vault. But we shall see, maybe he was let out by someone.

4. Yes, very possible. Jon Snow has been known as the son of Eddard Stark & Wylia Dayne, and that may be brought up soon by a character that Arya may or may not meet. It would not surprise me to find that Ned lied to keep the fact that his sister had a baby with Rhaegar Targaryen. Wylia and Ned still may have had a fling, Brandon Stark still lived and was going to marry Catelyn but instead he was strangled and the Mad King burned his father shortly after. And when the Mad King sent a letter to the Eyrie demanding for Lord Eddard Stark, Jon Arryn gave his defiance and raised the banners of the Vale in revolt followed by the North, Storm's End, and the River lands. The Mad King summoned all his banner, House Tyrell came when called, but House Martell was furious because of Rhaegar and his Lyanna stark actions (don't know look it up). In the time between Rhaegar disappearing and when Ned rescued Lyanna from the Tower of Hope and the Battle with the three knights of the kingsguard, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard Sir Gerold Hightower (a boss), the Sword of the Morning Arthur Dayne, and Oswell Whent. It was 7 northmen, one being Ned Stark, another important one is Howland Reed. The other 5 die in battle as well as all three kingsguard after that Ned remember's Lyanna's "Promise me, Ned. Promise me."... what that promise is????? you got me. If Jon is a Targaryen and Rhaegar really was smart enough to understand the whole 3 headed dragon bit. But I am rambling. Yes it is quite possible between the time Rhaegar stole Lyanna and brought her to the Tower of Joy and his meeting with Robert Baratheon on the Trident that he got Lyanna stark with child and when Ned gets to her after the end of the war it may have been 9 months or more and Wylia Dayne has been giving milk to Jon instead of Lyanna because she a prisoner in the tower. All circumstantial evidence really but the books and TV show need to match on this point of who Jon Snow's parents are.

What I noticed recently while reading the script on the inside cover was that three Character's are mentioned

,"n the east, Daenerys Targaryen, the last scion of House Targaryen, rules with her three dragons as queen of a city built on dust and death. But Daenerys has thousands of enemies, and many have set out to find her. As they gather, one young man embarks upon his own quest for the queen, with an entirely different goal in mind.Fleeing from Westeros with a price on his head, Tyrion Lannister, too, is making his way to Daenerys. But his newest allies in this quest are not the rag-tag band they seem, and at their heart lies one who could undo Daenery's claim to Westeros forever.Meanwhile, to the north lies the mammoth Wall of ice and stone- a structure only as strong as those guarding it. There, Jon Snow, 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, will face his greatest challenge. For he has powerful foes not only within the Watch but also beyond, in the land of the creatures of ice.From all corners, bitter conflicts reignite, intimate betrayals are perpetrated, and a grand cast of outlaws and priests, soldiers and skinchangers, nobles and slaves, will face seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Some will fail, others will grow in the strength of darkness. But in a time of rising restlessness, the tides of destiny and politics will lead inevitably to the greatest dance of all." (http://www.target.com/p/a-dance-with-dragons-hardcover/-/A-13455231).

I would safely say that Daenery, Jon Snow, and Tyrion will end up intertwined in a special way at the end of the series, so far they are the only three that survive all harm they face. And just think, Tyrion lannister riding a dragon causing death and destruction to lannister men. That would be dope.

Hope that answered some questions.

Except Dany just burns down the house of the Undying. Pyatt lives and likely got kidnapped by Euron.

The governance in Qarth is different in the books. They are formally governed by an oligarchy of old aristocrats, but the merchants have the real power.

The merchants didn't get massacred in the books, so they are likely still running things.

1. No word on casting, but I'd bet on his appearance in S4. There are fan theories that he had a dragon egg and used it to pay for a Faceless Man.

2. There no canon evidence either way. My personal opinion is no, Talisa/Jeyne is not pregnant, and Talisa dies with Robb. This is pure speculation on my part, though.

3. There was no massacre in the books, so Qarth is ruled exactly as it always was. On the show... I assume the thirteen had heirs, and after some infighting, the status quo resumed.

4. If R+L=J, Dany is Jon's aunt, not his cousin. Neither eye color nor fire immunity really matters in the scheme of things.

It's been confirmed by GRRM in interviews that Dany herself is not immune to fire; the birth of the dragons was a one-time event. In fact, a significant number of Targs died rather horribly in fires because they mistakenly believed in their own family myths. Jon's hand is burned quite badly on the show (In S1E10, Mormont asks him if his hand is better).

As for the eye color thing, the traditional "Northern" look is described in the books as grey eyes, brown hair, and long faces. Of the Stark children, Jon and Arya look the most like Northerners. On the show, it's far easier to just let the actors use their normal eye color than have to worry about colored contacts, so I wouldn't look to deep into it.

There's an entire stickied thread (now in its 46th iteration) devoted to R+L=J on the novels page, and it's far too long and involved for me to fully summarize. Suffice to say, there is a LOT of circumstantial evidence in support, and nothing that contradicts it, but it's not definitive, and it's not even certain that it will matter in the end. The fact that we're currently on part 46 with no end in sight should give you an idea of the state of the theory. The 2nd post in the thread I linked has a pretty good annotated summary if you don't mind massive spoilers (and, given this thread, I assume you don't mind).

I would safely say that Daenery, Jon Snow, and Tyrion will end up intertwined in a special way at the end of the series, so far they are the only three that survive all harm they face. And just think, Tyrion lannister riding a dragon causing death and destruction to lannister men. That would be dope.

Hope that answered some questions.

Thanks so much man, I got a good chuckle at the "That would be dope" part you added in. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

- HouseCrellin

Archived