[TV Spoilers] 'Walk of Punishment' - Promo Thread

Loras

So here is the promo thread for Episode 3 'Walk of Punishment'.

I think we should maybe try to keep as many of the major book spoilers in spoiler tags as possible.

Link:

It looks like we are going to get sections all over the place in the next episode.

The Harpy of Astapor looks fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing Kraznys again - he was perfectly slimy in the opening episode.

Stannis and Melisandre on the beach looks very intense: "Make me another son."

Theon looks very uncomfortable. I think he could be one of the central characters of this episode.

Robb looks like he is pretty pissed off, probably with Edmure. I am really looking forward to the introductions of the Tullys and Riverrun! I wonder if Riverrun will appear on the map?

Brienne is being a badass again.

Do we think that Mance et al are at the Fist of the First Men?

The Nights Watchmen are at Craster's keep.

Thoros and Arya.

I am really looking forward to another Tyrion and Cersei scene :)

Blackfish and the burning arrow.

It looks like almost all of the characters are going to appear in this episode! Though from the promo there is no sign of Sansa, Shae, Marge, Bronn or Varys.

Sunday is Coming...

Think Mance et al have reached the Fist by now. Isn't this where Mance asks Jon how many men are manning the Wall and he overstates, so Mance threatens him and gets the actual number out.

Again, I don't like the Stannis-Mel dynamic. D&D are really exaggerating the relationships where it's 'a man with a woman' and I don't see him being that oppressive and creepy.

edit: hope it is Edmure that Robb is pissed with - there needs to be an explanation for what he was doing in the Westerlands although it would be odd if it's the same one given we haven't met Ed yet

I don't know, we haven't met Edmure, and from the show, it sounds like Robb has been fighting without his forces - it would be a bit weird to have him chastise Edmure now. Though maybe I did misunderstand something and they'll still do that, to play up Robb's skill as an Army Commander -

in the books it was clear that if Edmure had done what he should, the siege of King's Landing would have worked. In the show, Robb only has one memorable victory really

The other option with whom he could be pissed with is Karstark...

Yeah, Mance is very suspicous of Jon in the scene, so that has to be the fist of the first man. Hopefully they'll clear up there how much of a slaughter it was, most show viewers don't really seem to have understood that yet.

Looks like they want to seriously harm Brienne -

So could Jaime's hand get chopped of for trying to save her?

What's up with the riding bowmen though? Who are they attacking? My only guess would be they are from the BWB?

And I wonder about Stannis and Melisandre. Are they going to make another Shadow baby? Or will Mel tell him he's too weak for another one and then goes looking for Gendry for King's blood?

make me another son?!! seriously ?!

they are really destroying Stannis character.

book Stannis is so much better , I'm sure they will show him like a douche maniac.

You haven't even seen the episode? And who says that this didn't happen off-page in the books. How else would Stannis think about the leeches???

About Robb angry I think because a young actor is cast for episode 3 who we first suspect to be Edric Storm that he will be:

The Lannister boy that Karstark kills, so he is mad at karstark.

You haven't even seen the episode? And who says that this didn't happen off-page in the books. How else would Stannis think about the leeches???

the true question should be , who says it did happen?!

first , in season 2 , they directly showed that Stannis knew about shadow baby but in the book it is not clear whether he knew or not (it is more likely he didn't knew) , of course I am talking about Renly's assassination not Penrose. in penrose assassination he definitely knew.

leeches. yes they were meant to kill but changing them to shadow baby is not right.

and it is not just that , he is so passionate, is he flirting with Mel in the end of video?! , we see exactly zero of that in the books.

the way he treated Davos in the first episode was douchey though in the book it was totally different.

my biggest problem is with the changes in Stannis personality .

the true question should be , who says it did happen?!

first , in season 2 , they directly showed that Stannis knew about shadow baby but in the book it is not clear whether he knew or not (it is more likely he didn't knew) , of course I am talking about Renly's assassination not Penrose. in penrose assassination he definitely knew.

leeches. yes they were meant to kill but changing them to shadow baby is not right.

and it is not just that , he is so passionate, is he flirting with Mel in the end of video?! , we see exactly zero of that in the books.

the way he treated Davos in the first episode was douchey though in the book it was totally different.

my biggest problem is with the changes in Stannis personality .

Read the books again ^^ He did asked for a second shadow baby in the books. That's why Mel went to Davos.

and he did have a affair with Mel in the books. They sleep together off page, it stated many times. Only thing is that we see that through other characters eyes.

Read the books again ^^ He did asked for a second shadow baby in the books. That's why Mel went to Davos.

and he did have a affair with Mel in the books. They sleep together off page, it stated many times. Only thing is that we see that through other characters eyes.

yes , I said it too . I said he didn't know about SB in Renly assassination but he knew in penrose assassination.

but "make me another son" is stupid .

he probably slept with Mel to make shadow baby but it doesn't mean he is in love with her. flirting is out of character for Stannis he doesn't do that. (I'm not saying flirting is bad or good , I am saying Stannis isn't passionate)

I feel like I'm missing something about Stannis and Melisandre here. I haven't seen or read anything particularly out of character. Stannis is asking for another assassin to be made. That isn't out of character--especially for the show. Nor do I see Stannis being "creepy" with Melisandre. It is hard to judge from promos. I can bet the son line doesn't take place on the beach as it makes no sense in that context. Stannis will bring up a son as plan A and Mel will say, "Yeah that would kill you. I do have a plan B and I need to go on a mission to do that."

yes , I said it too . I said he didn't know about SB in Renly assassination but he knew in penrose assassination.

but "make me another son" is stupid .

he probably slept with Mel to make shadow baby but it doesn't mean he is in love with her. flirting is out of character for Stannis he doesn't do that. (I'm not saying flirting is bad or good , I am saying Stannis isn't passionate)

I know what you said, but why would Stannis want to make another Son? To kill Joffrey this time? Or Robb? Only thing is what Mel wants, and she doesn't want to.

And who says that he isn't a passionate man if it goes about Mel? It's never stated in the books. We know that he is changed when he lost BW.

I feel like I'm missing something about Stannis and Melisandre here. I haven't seen or read anything particularly out of character. Stannis is asking for another assassin to be made. That isn't out of character--especially for the show. Nor do I see Stannis being "creepy" with Melisandre. It is hard to judge from promos. I can bet the son line doesn't take place on the beach as it makes no sense in that context. Stannis will bring up a son as plan A and Mel will say, "Yeah that would kill you. I do have a plan B and I need to go on a mission to do that."

This.

I know what you said, but why would Stannis want to make another Son? To kill Joffrey this time? Or Robb? Only thing is what Mel wants, and she doesn't want to.

And who says that he isn't a passionate man if it goes about Mel? It's never stated in the books. We know that he is changed when he lost BW.

This.

the first part , I still think , "make me another son" is stupid.

so , we can made up things because it is never stated otherwise?!

there is no mention of Stannis underwear , so we can say he wears a golden underwear ? right? because it is never stated otherwise!

btw , from book we do realize he is not emotional , he is cold and dutiful even toward shireen . he loves her but he doesn't show any emotion.

even Stannis flirting with Mel? because to me , it is totally out of character.

Did Arya and co left but the BWB went after them? Sounds like it.

"You're lucky we found you. The woods not safe for Ned's Stark daughter." (paraphrasing)

Poor Theon,

Ramsay is playing his nasty game with him.

It looks like almost all of the characters are going to appear in this episode! Though from the promo there is no sign of Sansa, Shae, Marge, Bronn or Varys.

That's good. :D

Sunday is Coming...

Can't wait!

there is no mention of Stannis underwear , so we can say he wears a golden underwear ? right? because it is never stated otherwise!

btw , from book we do realize he is not emotional , he is cold and dutiful even toward shireen . he loves her but he doesn't show any emotion.

Cercei loved Robert in the show in the beginning, in the books she doesn't. Ned was more cheerful in the show. Tywin is nicer in season 2, etc etc. There are some changes that are needed. Stannis was indeed very dutyful in season 2. But something changed when he looked in the fire. Who says that he doesn't turn back normal at the end of season 3???

Quick question which is not intended to be rude. Have you read "A Dance With Dragons"? If not, I suggest you read the first Jon chapter. It is very clear from that chapter that Stannis is capable of behaving in a childish/emotional manner.

Did Arya and co left but the BWB went after them? Sounds like it.

"You're lucky we found you. The woods not safe for Ned's Stark daughter." (paraphrasing)

Can't wait!

I think that line might come up in a discussion about why the Brotherhood will not let them go. A big deal was made in Episode 2 about Thoros keeping his word about letting them go, it is certainly something that Show!Arya would question.

I really want them to keep Robb's anger towards Edmure in tact. I love the wee bumbling oaf.

It seems the Turncloak will finally get what's coming to him. Ramsay is playing mind games with him. After he " helps " him escape, he'll hunt him down with the dogs, just like he hunted him in ADwD.

I'm interested to see what direction they take with Stannis and Melisandre. I usually don't mind minor changes, but I don't like it when they mess with Stannis.

Do you guys think it's possible we might get the mutiny at Craster's this week? They can't expand Sam's story too much, so I think something important is going to happen. Maybe it won't be the Old Bear getting killed, but I think we might see the seeds of dissent, and ultimately, swords getting drawn.

even Stannis flirting with Mel? because to me , it is totally out of character.

Stannis is not a Borg or Vulcan. He is quite capable of emotion (anger etc.) in the books. If anything; they've toned it down on the show. He has been lost to despair after Blackwater (and I would argue suffering from PTSD given Dillane's performance). He is broken and literally clinging to one of his advisors--that has been set up from the beginning as his lover. He clearly derives some level of emotional support.

No point debating show vs.book as I see two of them as different canons. However, I failt to see how it is out of character for the show.

Archived