Qyburn and girls

locke and key

I think he was trying to have shadow babies. It took several tries. I remember him saying that the first one/ones were quite used up. I also remember Mel saying that it took the light/life out of Stannis to do so. Since qyburn can't birth one himself, he needs the women. That's my theory.

• 1 year later...

Doesn't Cersei consider restoring Falyse Stokeworth back to her seat after she gives her to Qyburn in order to rid Bronn of his power. I remember Qyburn saying something along the lines of "She won't be feeding anytime soon".... creepy  :shocked:

"Alive yes. If somewhat.....uncomfortable"

But later, "Died screaming in the black cells.".

I love the blood transfusion theory. Could there be some sort of blood magic involved?

Qyburn says at one point that he thinks pretty much all of the men at the citadel are narrow minded with the exception or Marwyn.

Well Marwyn is now on his way to help Dany and while I don't know enough about him to be a sound judge of his character, he's definitely into some shady stuff. Mirri maz Duur claims to have trained with him at one point and we know she is pretty well versed in blood magic and at least some form of necromancy. Marwyn could have learned some of this from her and passed on the knowledge to qyburn who is now has his own applications for it.

• 1 month later...

Well, given his primary interest is studying living bodies in order to understand how they die, he probably wants to study birth to learn more about death.

The reproductive process is very mysterious, and in humans, the bulk of it takes place inside female bodies. Qyburn would probably be intrigued if he found he could change a living foetus into something "scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of a tail and small leather wings like the wings of a bat...the flesh sloughed off the bone, and inside ... full of graveworms and the stink of corruption...dead for years."

Archived