Samwell's endgame

hollowcrown

Perhaps the leviathan vs. kraken line has to do with Maron Volmark. He has a strong claim for the Seastone Chair and his house symbol is a leviathan. He may end up as the next Lord/King of the Iron Islands.

If Sam slays Euron, you can forget about him being Jon's hand. He's going to be the Lord Commander of his Kingsguard. :)

Actually Leviathan is a mythical monster from the bible, and although associated with whales, is not a specific type of whale. (The israelites weren´t seafaring and knew little about oceanlife).

((Especially since there aren't many whales in the Mediterranean))

The only time Sam ever "fought" is when he lifted a dagger and the Other just impaled itself.

Others don't impale themselves -- we've seen no such suicidal behavior from them. Sam killed the fucker, plain and simple really.

Even after he returns he does not train and has shown nothing to suggest that he is skilled or brave - unless Euron impales himself on a salad fork Sam is holding i fail to see how he could kill him.

Bravery and Skills: survives the fist and beyond the wall, slays Other, slays Small Paul wight, crosses the Narrow Sea, punches Dareon in the face, crosses the narrow sea again.

Also, Jon orders Sam to practice every day with the bow. And he now has Alleras there (master archer) to teach him as well. He might be getting into dark arts as well with the Valyrian steel link and newly awakened magic. By the end of the next book, Sam will be fully equipped with magic and pure fucking terror.

Also, Jon orders Sam to practice every day with the bow. And he now has Alleras there (master archer) to teach him as well. He might be getting into dark arts as well with the Valyrian steel link and newly awakened magic. By the end of the next book, Sam will be fully equipped with magic and pure fucking terror.

Sam better do all this. It'd be so cool if he was The Last Hero.

Stupid craven Sam, first he murders poor defenseless puddles, then everyone acts like he's a hero, gets his best friend the highest position in the NW to get out of work, rarely trains with bow and arrow like instructed, gets away from the wall, breaks his vows with a wildling no less and gets to forge himself a maester's chain........ I hope karma kicks in sooner rather than later

AFfC Samawell V

"The Ravenry is the oldest building at the Citadel," Alleras told him, as they crossed over the slow-flowing waters of Honeywine. "In the Age of Heroes it was supposedly the stronghold of a pirate lord who sat here robbing ships as they came down the river."

In this case, a pirate lord (Euron) will be coming down the Honeywine River. He will have the longships carried overland, like Vikings did in the real world, to the waters of the Honeywine river. He will attack from behind where the Hightowers least expect it.

AFfC Samwell V

"The Citadel is not what it was," complained the blond. [Lazy Leo speaking to Sam] They will take anything these days. Dusky dogs and Dornishmen, pig boys, cripples, cretins and now a black-clad whale. And here I thought leviathans were gray.

ADwD Davos III

Behind the dais a kraken and a leviathan were locked in battle beneath the painted waves.

Sam will participate in the battle. Alleras will help Sam improve his archery skills, and the results of the training will show.

AFfC Samwell V

The gates of the Citadel were flanked by a pair of towering green sphinxes with the bodies of lions, the wings of eagles and the tails of serpents.

The Celtic griffin had the body of a lion and the wings of an eagle, and in some other cases, the tail of a serpent. This foreshadows Connington coming to Oldtown. He will be Oldtown's savior in that battle.

I think the battle will turn out to be something reminiscent of the Battle of Redgrass Field. Like Baelor Breakspear arriving with forces of Dornishmen and Stormlanders to surprise the Blackfyre army and take them in the rear, Connington will bring his forces made up of Dornishmen and Stormlanders to aid Oldtown to win their allegiance, and surprise the Ironborn and crush them against the city walls.

Eustace Osgrey stated that the battle was lost by the Blackfyres before Baelor arrived when Bloodraven slew Daemon with bow and arrow. Euron's nickname may hint at his demise, his black Crow's Eye could be a kind of bullseye, the black or outlined black circular spot on a target, that will be taken out by the crow, Sam. The Battle of Oldtown will already be decided when Sam slays Euron with a bow and arrow.

Sam will resmeble the striding huntsman of his sigil slaying an Other with a dagger and Euron with a bow and arrow.

Sam will find what Pate/Jaqen is up to. Jaqen may try to kill Sam, but Alleras may arrive to save Sam in time.

This is a great prediction and I really see Sam becoming a maester. I don't think he will do it in a year though. That seem's too fast. I love the idea of a kraken and Sam the wizard.

• 4 months later...

Sam is my favorite character in the book in terms of POV. And if not, then he is at least still in my top 5 (along with Theon and Jaime) and he has done some bad ass stuff already that takes some real balls to do. But in my opinion, Sam will never have truly conquered his fears until he confronts his father. The man responsible for the "craven" that he was.

I can see it in my head now; Sam's father harassing him again and shit, making Sam stammer until they finally get to Gilly and the babe and that's when I can see Sam finally getting the courage and be like, "No, fuck you dad!" And be a little like a Dareon scenario

AFfC Samawell V

"The Ravenry is the oldest building at the Citadel," Alleras told him, as they crossed over the slow-flowing waters of Honeywine. "In the Age of Heroes it was supposedly the stronghold of a pirate lord who sat here robbing ships as they came down the river."

In this case, a pirate lord (Euron) will be coming down the Honeywine River. He will have the longships carried overland, like Vikings did in the real world, to the waters of the Honeywine river. He will attack from behind where the Hightowers least expect it.

AFfC Samwell V

"The Citadel is not what it was," complained the blond. [Lazy Leo speaking to Sam] They will take anything these days. Dusky dogs and Dornishmen, pig boys, cripples, cretins and now a black-clad whale. And here I thought leviathans were gray.

ADwD Davos III

Behind the dais a kraken and a leviathan were locked in battle beneath the painted waves.

Sam will participate in the battle. Alleras will help Sam improve his archery skills, and the results of the training will show.

AFfC Samwell V

The gates of the Citadel were flanked by a pair of towering green sphinxes with the bodies of lions, the wings of eagles and the tails of serpents.

The Celtic griffin had the body of a lion and the wings of an eagle, and in some other cases, the tail of a serpent. This foreshadows Connington coming to Oldtown. He will be Oldtown's savior in that battle.

I think the battle will turn out to be something reminiscent of the Battle of Redgrass Field. Like Baelor Breakspear arriving with forces of Dornishmen and Stormlanders to surprise the Blackfyre army and take them in the rear, Connington will bring his forces made up of Dornishmen and Stormlanders to aid Oldtown to win their allegiance, and surprise the Ironborn and crush them against the city walls.

Eustace Osgrey stated that the battle was lost by the Blackfyres before Baelor arrived when Bloodraven slew Daemon with bow and arrow. Euron's nickname may hint at his demise, his black Crow's Eye could be a kind of bullseye, the black or outlined black circular spot on a target, that will be taken out by the crow, Sam. The Battle of Oldtown will already be decided when Sam slays Euron with a bow and arrow.

Sam will resmeble the striding huntsman of his sigil slaying an Other with a dagger and Euron with a bow and arrow.

Sam will find what Pate/Jaqen is up to. Jaqen may try to kill Sam, but Alleras may arrive to save Sam in time.

I need a "Love" button.

Sam's enemies know all about him now, because he talks to much. The only thing they don't know about him (because he lied about it, on Jon's instructions) is that he is a coward.

So ... no more POVs from Sam. Eventually Sam will join up with another POV character, like Dany, and we will see her only from that character's POV. He will seem very much like Sam, except that he is ... surprisingly brave.

Yup. It's fake Sam the imposter from now on.

As for the real Sam - I'm afraid his fate was similar to Pate.

The Golden Company's " friends in the Reach" line leads me to believe that the Reach will soon fracture, and different pieces will follow different claimants. Sam has a small chance of being the Lord Paramount of the Reach once the dust has settled.

I think he will become a passable archer who coats his arrows in poison -- to get a silver link, you have to learn about poison as well as medicine. I just hope he does something to win Randyll's respect, and when his father tries to give him Heart's Bane he refuses.

He may not be at the citadel long enough to form much of a maester's chain. Euron might completely destroy the citadel as the Iron Islanders aren't exactly fans of maesters and then Sam will either be killed, captured or he will escape. I think Sam is smart enough to realize he's stuck there and he will have to decide between leaving and going to his father or staying to honour Jon's orders.

Then there's the possibility that Euron will attack but will not succeed so Sam could just continue his studies at the citadel and then eventually leave and go back to the wall. He will then discover that the Night's Watch is in ruins because Jon has been murdered and the others have attacked and destroyed the wall. After all of that he will probably be killed or mixed up in the Northern battles somehow and Stannis will take him in as a maester if he survives. This will allow Sam to become a main POV character for the North as it seems likely that Theon and Asha will be killed.

Archived