Qyburn questions? (Spoilers)

Others Take Them

I apologize if this has been addressed before, I did a search and didn't see a topic specific to this matter, so I wasn't sure if it had been brought up or not.

They introduced Qyburn as one of the survivors at Harrenhall, presumably as one of The Mountain's captives. What was he doing there if they have eliminated the Brave Companions? He has lost his chain, so he wasn't in any lord's service at the time, and if he was in the Mountain's service, why would he have been left with the dead?

My guess is that he will say something like he decided to take the black after his chain was stripped from him, and was captured on the way? That's the only rationale I can come up with, but it doesn't fit with the character.

Discuss.

I have 2 scenarios:

1 - Qyburn as a Lannister spy/contact point - he was left among the dead deliberately, just pretending to be a victim.

2- Qyburn is shown just as a "doctor with a dark secret" - he happened to be a "doctor" for some northern lord, got captive by Gregor, survived massacre thanks to his "healing" skills - some brief explanation fo his past is given in next few episodes when he is the one that provides treatment to Jaime in Harrenhall and then he travels to KL with Jaime, as in Books.

Archived