Did Robb Stark anger the Old Gods [BOOK SPOILERS]

Roadside Rose

I know that in the books, Robb Stark's character marries Jeyne Westerling, who descended from the First Men. But having this character replaced by a character who's origins are from Essos, makes me wonder how it impacts the entire storyline. Because bloodlines seem to have vast importance in ASOFAI.

It certainly seems uncommon for a Stark to marry someone who isn't from First Men descent. The Stark children have certain magical abilities they possess due to their bloodline eg. warging, greenseer. Would such a marriage to a person not of First Men descent result in angering the Old Gods (who probably gave them that ability in the first place?)

The other Stark who seemed to have angered the Old Gods was Lyanna, when she ran off with Rhaegar (and probably had a child with him) - things ended badly for her.

Talisa doesn`t exist in the books, so discussing it here is pointless.

As for, Lyanna, why Gods haven`t angered at her when she was bethroted to Baratheon?

And, entire idea of angering the Gods is a bit strange for me. Thet are not some living creatures that will destroy you if you make a mistake.

The Tullys are Andals, and Ned married a Tully. All of the childs of that union are to an extent wargs. So no, I don't think Starks have to marry First Men to keep the wolf blood going.

As for Talisa the TV character, if she's truly a Maegyr, House Maegyr is that of one of the Triarchs of Volantis: That's plenty highborn.

The OP is totally right. Robb angered the Gods, in fact all the Starks angered the Gods!!! I mean just look at the evidence.

Rickard had his "Southern Ambition" thing and that's why he made the bethrothal between Brandon and Catelyn, and Lyanna and Robert. This angered the Old Gods, and they decided to make him pay!! He died burned alive and seeing he's own son being strangled for this.

Brandon was going to marry Catelyn, a Tully!! a worshiper of The Seven!!! Another thing that the Old Gods couldn't bare, and decided to punish him. His punishment was to die strangled while trying to recue his own father.

Eddard married Catelyn!!!! For this the Old Gods made him fight a war, lost most of the members of his family, and see his little sister die and be unable to help her. But that was not it. The North remembers!! The Old Gods REMEMBER!! So later they made him see his best friend and men die. Then he died beheaded as a traitor!! The Gods didn't even let him die with honor, but he deserved it for angering the Gods!!!!!

Lyanna was bethrothed to Robert, but then scaped or was kidnapped or whatever you think that happened with Rhaegar!!! Who was not only another worshiper of The Seven but also an incestuos abomination and so called "dragon" whose family made the North bend the knee!!!!!!!! She had to pay with death, and a war was unleashed because of her!!!! Her suffering was WELL deserved!!!

Benjen was probably sent to the wall for looking at a worshiper of the New Gods.

Catelyn suffered everything she suffered because the Old Gods just couldn't stand seeing her being part of a Northern Family!!!

Jon broke the vows he swore IN FRONT of a Weirwood Tree with a "Kissed-by-fire" whore instead of with a Kiss-by-ice beautiful woman!!!!!!! Now you understand why what happened at the end of ADwD happened.

Sansa followed the Seven so you know why she has been punished!!!!!!!!!

Arya!!... I don't know what Arya did.... oh maybe is because she is half southern......but NOW she follows a different God, she will pay for this, write my words!!! Maybe Nymeria will die for this!

Bran wanted to be a KNIGHT! You need to get your seven oils and follow the costumes of those FAKE!SEVEN to be a knight. So he was crippled!

And Robb, the worst of the them all!!!! He married Talisa/Jeyne in the light of the Seven!!!!!! But that was not the worst action, oh no, the worst was that he didn't punished the traitor and follower of false gods Catelyn!! He should've punish her, chop her head off, or hand, strip her naked or SOMETHING for freeing the Kingslayer!!! Instead what did Robb do? He murdered Karkstark!!! his own men!!! a northern, a worshiper of the Old Gods!!!!!! an just for kiling Lannisters their enemies!!!!!! Robb deserved every single thing that happened to him!!!!!

The only honorable in this family is Rickon. That's why when he returns he will be AAR, TPTWP, Lord of Winterfell, King of the 7K and will kill the Geat Other and all the mini-Others, and will destroy all the false Gods.

Now leaving the sarcasm aside and being serious, dear OP seriously?? I find this discussion, how to say it, STUPID!! Of course the Starks didn't anger the Gods. If you want to find someone who did, look at the Freys for not respecting the guest's right, or the Lannisters and Targaryens for comitting incest (which is said to be considered an abomination by both Old and New Gods), or Boltons for betraying their king! But Starks? Robb? and just for marrying Talisa? Seriously?

Archived