Why do people like Catlyn stark?

I thought she was quite interesting. She was the only POV near Robb & his campaign in the Riverlands, and she had to be the mother to a King. Plus, The Red Wedding (the most compelling chapter to read, maybe second only to the Oberyn/Mountain duel) was from her POV.

She's the most human and most relatable character. And one of the most tragic.

It seems that a lot of people dislike her because she dislikes Jon..

Also, Michelle Fairley. The Milf In The North!

For some reason people seem to like her. I just can't figure it out. She isn't interesting, or even likable.

How so? To me she just seems very predictable, and has no depth to her character. Plus she is a complete bitch to Jon, which is just irritating. I was actually glad when GRRM killed her off.

Because not all get caught up in blaming her for her actions. Her story is one more of tragedy than saving the day, and what is truly bewildering is that people that are gifted with hindsight can see that some of her actions bit the Starks in the ass. This does not make her more responsible for the downfall of the Tully's and Stark's then the ones who planned it.

I thought she was quite interesting. She was the only POV near Robb & his campaign in the Riverlands, and she had to be the mother to a King. Plus, The Red Wedding (the most compelling chapter to read, maybe second only to the Oberyn/Mountain duel) was from her POV.

She's the most human and most relatable character. And one of the most tragic.

It seems that a lot of people dislike her because she dislikes Jon..

:agree: I liked her because she was the main person that showed us the King in the North, Robb, and her last POV, IMO, was her best.

The living Catelyn Stark was at least annoying, if not outright enraging. Her misitakes and narrow thinking became one of the reasons Ned was thrust into danger along with her daughters. Toward the end of her first life she became a better stategist than Robb and saw what was coming, but it was too late. Of course, without her would we have these wonderful books?

AS UnCat I think she is really awesome. If her story arc plays out the way I think it will her ending will be epic.

I want a list of all the Freys with little white boxes next to their names where we can make black marks to check off the ones who have died.

Archived