GRRM wasting time writing anything BUT the next book

Gypsy

and then they put out other books that they apparently had plenty of time for.

Given it's not new content, i doubt it took him barely any time at all.

Editors.

Ps this thread will be locked

Just as a general remark, if people get so fixated on one project that they don't do anything else, the quality of their output will usually decline sharply (even though it's usually ok or even good for quantity). Be glad if he has different side occupations, it's a good sign (though as others said, this particular thing is not likely to take much attention).

Not that it should matter of course. Noone wants the complete Song more than GRRM himself (it's his baby after all, we're all just playing with it - on consideration that analogy could use some refinement though), but it's completely his decision how or even whether to get there.

It doesn't look like he's writing something, it looks like it's just a book of "Tyrion-isms".

Anyway, writers need a break sometimes, they aren't machines. If he has to stop and write a separate book because he can't stand to write another word of Winds of Winter for a month, so be it.

He's not writing anything new. The book will contain content he has already written - Tyrion's quotes and lines from AGoT to ADwD. I also don't think he'll be too involved in the writing and publishing of this book. It's all relegated to his editors. If you don't want to buy it - don't.

I want TWoW as much as everyone else here, but people really need to lay off GRRM. Seriously, give him a break.

A compilation of Tyrion quotes make actually a book? Maybe in the broadest possible sense, like the "Go the fuck to sleep". Nah, don't buying it either, but because it's kinda pointless (why your reasons are all wrong, the others have explained sufficiently above).

the only think that I want to say about this article is that GRRM wears Estermond's turtle of I am wrong?

He says his personal sigil is the turtle.

Whether the there's any relation to the Estermont sigil i dunno.

I didn't knew it! thank you... I was thinking that he really likes Estermonds

He usually wears the turtle on his fishermans hat.

I've always related it to the story he told of being young, and giving his pet turtles knight names and writing comics about them.

OP, google 'GRRM is not your bitch'

George does not owe us anything. He has contracts with his publishers but its none of our business when he delivers books to them. If he decided to not finish the series at all, as long as the publishers agreed (they would not) then we would just have to read the books we have and be happy with it. George was a fan before he was a writer so he wants to make his fans happy by completing the story but in the meantime it is ungracious to resent him doing whatever else he wants to do.

Archived