The Old Gods aren't gods

LaylaC

Maybe this is common knowledge by now but I just noticed.

Weddings and important events take place in front of Weirwoods, and they are told about what's happening around in the time in the prayers.

So they seem like a history register for the CotF to check out.

For example, to know if two people are married, they would go into the weirnet and check it!

It's not some kind of god that can fulfill your wishes, protect you or that has some power.

It's just a registration station when all you do and say stays in the weirnet forever, and also a place to comunicate with others CotF.

Opinions?

Weddings and important events take place in front of Weirwoods, and they are told about what's happening around in the time in the prayers.

For example, to know if two people are married, they would go into the weirnet and check it!

It's not some kind of god that can fulfill your wishes, protect you or that has some power.

It's just a registration station when all you do and say stays in the weirnet forever, and also a place to comunicate with others CotF.

Opinions?

The CoTF know about the weirnet and how it works yet they also pray to the heart tree and the old gods. Maybe they don't exist but the people who built the weirnet certainly think they do.

Opinions?

“In a sense. Those you call the children of the forest have eyes as golden as the sun, but once in

a great while one is born amongst them with eyes as red as blood, or green as the moss on a tree in the

heart of the forest. By these signs do the gods mark those they have chosen to receive the gift. The

chosen ones are not robust, and their quick years upon the earth are few, for every song must have its

balance. But once inside the wood they linger long indeed. A thousand eyes, a hundred skins, wisdom

deep as the roots of ancient trees. Greenseers.” (BR to Bran in aDwD)

i think the cOtF are just ambassadors of the old gods

Archived