Ice Dragon?

Daniel Snow

I like the idea of an ice dragon being at the base of the Wall. Cryomancy is found throughout the entire series. We witness: a giant wall, swords, armor, and white walkers-- all created by ice magic. For me, an ice dragon doesn't have to be a regular dragon with ice breath and a palette swap. If a ice golem was shaped to resemble a dragon, then I would consider it a ice dragon. :dunno:

Also, the Horn of Winter is said to have "waken the sleeping giants". I believe -- sort of-- that the Horn of Winter is used to activate and bind golems to the horn's owner, and that ice golem(s) have been built into the wall. If the others circumnavigate the wall, bringing it down may be the Night Watch's plan B. The Wall is built on a place of powerful magic and Is a ancient battlefield ( that must be good for working blood magic). Bran the builder designed one of the most magically conducive places on Planetos; I wouldn't be surprised if he also designed a way to exploit the environment he created.

I absolutely think actual physical ice dragons are coming. Not just symbolic in Jon. And they won't be friendly with Daenerys' dragons either, and THAT I think is symbolic of the forthcoming Jon/Dany dynamic. No partnership there in my opinion. Far from it.

Archived