Will We Ever See...

protar

Just a general thread for little things that you want to see at some point in the series. Mine include:

Will we ever see a Giant in action? Mag the Mighty, Wun Wun and the giants at the Battle of the Wall all had their big moments off-page. Can we actually see a giant wreaking havoc at some point?

And...

Will we ever meet another Khaleesi? It seems Dany will be spending more time with the Dothraki and I'm intrigued to see if we'll learn more about this place in Dothraki society that we got to learn surprisingly little about. Even before her dragons Dany was a special case on account of her background. Are all Khaleesi's afforded that much respect? More perhaps? It seems clear they don't actively fight but are they supposed to be able to hold their own? Are they expected to be strong like wildling spear-wives or weak and subservient?

I bet the typical Khaleesi is just like a biker's "old lady", respected only because of the Khal's power, but more than capable of holding their own in a fight. They would be subservient to the Khal, less so to bloodriders and Kos and everyone else in the Khalasar can go hang.

I'd like to see how Valyrian Steel swords are or at least how they made properly

The place where The Others live. If they have castles made of ice or live in simple structures made of ice

Castamere. I'd just like to see the ruins of the place

COTF fighting with Dragonglass knives or them making them

More secret passages in the Red Keep

Tower of Joy

I'd like to see how Valyrian Steel swords are or at least how they made properly

The place where The Others live. If they have castles made of ice or love in simple structures made of ice

Tower of Joy

Other on Other action? I can totally see GRRM doing this

The place where The Others live. If they have castles made of ice or love in simple structures made of ice

Tower of Joy

Interesting...

1. Sansa warging birds. That is my wish for GRRM, and I believe he`ll grant me that.

2. Dragons being killed, or at least one of them

3. Field of fire... That would trump Pelennor fields` number 1 on my all time epic battles list.

4. Trial of Seven

5. Blood sacrifice

Other on Other action? I can totally see GRRM doing this

Pretty sure he meant live. :P

I have thought for a while that an Other or COTF POV would be something cool to see, maybe as the prologue for ADOS.

To the OP; I fully expect to see Wun Wun, beating whole sale ass at the start of next book. Maybe from a Mel POV? But, I'm with you. I want to see that happen. Some others I hope for:

Dragon being killed(its going to happen)

I'd like to see Gendry in a more "fighting" role

Bran, using the Weir-Net, to see what actually took place at the ToJ

Mostly what King of the Starks and Mladen have said, but also what happened at Hardhome and Summerhall.

Also, Im curious if there is any substance behind "The curse of Harrenhal".

Tyrion, Cersei, Jamie and Varys all turning out to be secret Targs/Blackfyres. Not because I especially want it to happen, but I think reading the forums would be hilarious after that :D

My respect for Martin will significantly drop if any of Tyrion turns out to be a secret targ mainly because it just takes away so much of the dynamic between Tywin and Tyrion, and gets Tyrion off the hook for kinslaying.

Cersei/Jaime I'd be less upset about. I don't really believe it, but there's a lot of stuff which can be seen as evidence and it would actually add to the dramatic irony of Tyrion/Tywin (because Tywin's least favourite child is his only child.) and give some more parallels between Tyrion and Jaime (both father-slayers).

Varys being a Blackfyre I'm all on board with.

On an unrelated note I'd love to see Mantarys at some point. That place sounds really creepy and weird.

The place where The Others live. If they have castles made of ice or live in simple structures made of ice

Tower of Joy

:agree: Basically this.

Interesting...

1. Sansa warging birds. That is my wish for GRRM, and I believe he`ll grant me that.

2. Dragons being killed, or at least one of them

3. Field of fire... That would trump Pelennor fields` number 1 on my all time epic battles list.

4. Trial of Seven

5. Blood sacrifice

I agree with all of this.

Also, more insight on the House of Black and White.

Archived