Melisandre I: visions

AegonSnow

Then the towers by the sea, crumbling as the dark tide came sweeping over them, rising from the depths.

Oldtown and the Ironborn?

A wooden face, corpse white. Was this the enemy? A thousand red eyes floated in the rising flames. He sees me. Beside him, a boy with a wolf's face threw back his head and howled.

very obviously BR and Bran.

His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again.

Strong evidence for Jon warging into Ghost in WoW.

I agree with the latter two predicitons, but I think the towers swallowed by a black tide is BR sending the Hammer of the Waters to Pyke.

After the Ides of Marsh, and Jon goes into a coma, his spirit will reside in Ghost for a while until he is resurrected by BR and Bran and returns to his own body.

Oldtown and the Ironborn?

I think "towers" makes Oldtown less likely than a couple of other places. Ten Towers, Pyke, Three Towers, and a few others seem like decent candidates.

very obviously BR and Bran.

Strong evidence for Jon warging into Ghost in WoW.

These are the same readings I had, although I think Melisandre is incorrect about the meaning of them. I think her religious beliefs are getting in the way of understanding what Bran and Bloodraven actually represent.

The rising from the depths suggests the Iron Born, but I doubt they can actually take Oldtown. I won't rule it out though, Mel thinks Eastwatch, but it's not Eastwatch. The last two visions I think you're spot on.

The rising from the depths suggests the Iron Born, but I doubt they can actually take Oldtown.

I'm tempted to say "rising from the depths" could be connected to the reports of "dead things in the water" that we hear from the mission to rescue people from Hardhome.

I think "towers" makes Oldtown less likely than a couple of other places. Ten Towers, Pyke, Three Towers, and a few others seem like decent candidates.

Three Towers is basically Oldtown. Hightower, Three Towers, THAT AREA. And later (chronologically) with Sam, we know the Ironborn are attacking Oldtown.

And we also have a past vision of the dark ocean flooding Winterfell which I consider similar.

Lets not forgot the visions of Azai Ahor and all she sees is **snow**.

this is a clear reference that Azai Ahor is Ramsey reborn

Or have you ever touched something that is really really cold and feels hot. Maybe this is what she means

Three Towers is basically Oldtown. Hightower, Three Towers, THAT AREA. And later (chronologically) with Sam, we know the Ironborn are attacking Oldtown.

I'm not contending that it can't be the area, I'm just saying the specification of "towers" as a plural may be important in distinguishing exactly where this may happen.

I'm tempted to say "rising from the depths" could be connected to the reports of "dead things in the water" that we hear from the mission to rescue people from Hardhome.

It's possible, but I don't recall any mention of towers at Hardhome.

It's possible, but I don't recall any mention of towers at Hardhome.

Hardhome isn't connected with the towers. The connection, if any, to Hardhome is as the source of the "dead things in the water" which may hint at the identity of the tide.

Euron seems to be a brilliant strategist. But of course when you're taken by surprise it doesn't matter (some people suggesting JonCon will help Oldtown or etc.)

Honset question here: How does he seem like a brilliant strategist? At this point he can at most be said to be witty and coy Imo.

Honset question here: How does he seem like a brilliant strategist? At this point he can at most be said to be witty and coy Imo.

He planned the attack on Lannisport in Balon's first rebellion (in which,Ironborn simply burned entire Lannister fleet). And he succesfully conquered Shield Islands with losing only 6 longships. I'm too lazy to write it all so here is your source http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Battle_of_the_Shield_Islands

He planned the attack on Lannisport in Balon's first rebellion (in which,Ironborn simply burned entire Lannister fleet). And he succesfully conquered Shield Islands with losing only 6 longships. I'm too lazy to write it all so here is your source http://awoiaf.wester..._Shield_Islands

Ill give you the conquering of the shield islands, even though the ironborn outnumbered the islanders so that they could not lose. But wasn't it Victarion who was responsible for Lannisport? From what I heard, Euron merely claimed credit?

Victarion: I even threw the first torch!

Ill give you the conquering of the shield islands, even though the ironborn outnumbered the islanders so that they could not lose. But wasn't it Victarion who was responsible for Lannisport? From what I heard, Euron merely claimed credit?

No sir. Euron planned the whole thing, Victarion simply led the attack. So Euron was the player and Victarion was the pawn that realized the moves of his master. Plus, outnumbering your enemy doesn't mean a lot.

No sir. Euron planned the whole thing, Victarion simply led the attack. So Euron was the player and Victarion was the pawn that realized the moves of his master. Plus, outnumbering your enemy doesn't mean a lot.

Just checked it out on the wiki, turns out you were right. Sorry for getting off topic all!

I should apologize as well. I was never on topic. So to make amends, let me put my 2 cents on the visions OP offered. In first vision it may be a reference to Ironborn but not likely I think. It's either dead things rising on Hardhome or Eastwatch-by-the-Sea or some kraken perhaps? (Please be both!)

Archived