TV show and series influences House of the undying

geogus

Im aware this is not the correct place to discuss the TV show, but im trying to make an conecttion with the books. Sorry if I break any rule.

As the TV show progress, I fell more and more the influece and connection betewen the TV and series.

For instance, TV show pretty much confirmed theon was galved (and probably reveals it will be an important element in the future of the series, since they couldnt foreshadow as GRRM did in the books, they had to show explicitily)

By the other hand, the TV show has almost destroyed the Jayne westerling pregnancy theorie.

My question is about Dany visions in the house of undying. ( i just watched the episode again)

I undestand they couldnt make all the vision Dany had in TV for various reasons.

However, they choosed to make an vision Dany didnt had in the series, the destroyed and froozen throne room at the Red keep.

Was that some king of future predction?

Is it possible that the throne room in KL will be destroyed and froozem in the series.

I believe that if D&D decided to create that scene they had a reason. Maybe they used some information GRRM gave to them about the future of the series.

Thoughts?

Wrong forum for discussing the show.

The House of the Undying sucked ass in the show, and had no meaning at all. And show continuity is not book continuity. Next season the show will go even more off the rail from the books. So don't expect clues to the books in the show.

I avoid reading too much into the tv series preferring to believe that the stories are likely to diverge slightly but arrive at the same place in the end, simply the reason that long narratives lend themselves to books, some visually striking images work well on screen (which is why I still think that there is a little king in the north hidden away somewhere, and that Willas Tyrell will play a big role etc. etc.).

Possible that the frozen throne room is a method of making the future prediction of the war against the others and the long winter too blatant to miss, but I favour the idea that it was just something the producers did because it looked great.

I agree the show may have spoilers from important details later on in the books. Fortunately you can't really tell which they are since many of the changes are just for convenience (Gendry taking Edric's place doesn't actually mean book-Gendry knows he is Robert's son in the books). Some changes are just explicit statements of things that are revealed in the books more subtly (Loras/Renly and Theon gelding). Some changes are to make an event more exciting (skip plot lines with less action-doesn't mean those things didn't happen at all, Talisa fetus stabbed at RW is hard to watch even if you hated show-Robb and Talisa-doesn't mean Jeyne is dead).

There are tons of things in the show that don't correspond to the books at all so it's pretty hard to sort out what's a spoiler. Obviously Jeyne isn't dead in the books so can you even be sure she's not pregnant? Apparently Talisa wasn't betraying Robb, but does that mean Jeyne(or her mom really...) wasn't?

Show House of the Undying was just the throne and the lame scene with Drogo right? Throne scene could means lots of things (just like most of each of the HotU scenes in the book).

-It could be literal that snow will fall on the throne because the building is destroyed and Winter reaches that far south.

-It could be figurative that snow simply reaches that far south, but not necessarily directly on the throne through an open roof.

-It could be figurative in that it is a warning to Dany what could happen if she does not reach Westeros in time (i.e. never actually happens since she eventually goes to Westeros-maybe).

-It could be figurative in that someone with the name "Snow" will "fall" into the Iron Throne (lol lame).

Basically if you've read the books it's easy to spot some possible spoiler material, but so far it's pretty hard to nail down what is actually a spoiler, and even if it is a spoiler... what it's saying.

I would recommend that you begin viewing Book and Show as 2 differnt universes with very simmilar story. Just because the show does something does not mean the book will do the same.

Look at poor Mago. Killed in season 1, still alive as off ADWD.

About the frozen throne. I like to believe that the snow was hinting towards Jon being the son of Rhaegar (Which by targ claim means he's king, if aegon is false that is)

Just think of the show as something written about the events of the books, many years in the future. It doesn't go entirely the same way, things are different, misremembered or misspoken, but the totality of the tale remains intact. (...I hope.)

I tend to find this way of thinking works well for most adaptations/retellings.

Except the reboot of Star Trek, which is just crap.

I also found interesting Dany didn't touch the iron throne. This leads me to believe she may forgo the iron throne to help Jon in the North. Also notice the blue winter rose in the stain glass winter.

I got the impression from the show that if Dany had touched the throne, she would have embraced what she had wanted and would have lost herself to the HotU's magic and thus beyond saving herself. Likewise she didn't touch Drogo or their baby, she recognised that it was an illusion.

I really, really didn't like Dany at the Wall, with Drogo. The underlying notion to this vision was, "Hey, if you come to the North, you'll get what you've always wanted." Made me very worried about that ship taking place. Please, for the love of the Old Gods, no!

Did it really mean that, though? (With ship you mean Jon..............Dany? Lol.)

In the books you had that blue winter rose at the wall, but the show never used that image for Lyanna/Rhaegar as far as I know, so I think the scene they had, showing how a dark haired and eyed boy (Rhaego/Jon) can be born between a Targ (Dany/Rhaegar) and a dark haired and eyed man (Drogo/Lyanna), and his location is at the Wall is a pretty good replacement.

As for the other throne room scene: Dany will more than likely win the second Dance of Dragons (Aegon will die), but there's a far more urgent thing going on in the North that will stop her from putting her butt in that chair. Double meaning of snow? Would be cool.

Did it really mean that, though? (With ship you mean Jon..............Dany? Lol.)

In the books you had that blue winter rose at the wall, but the show never used that image for Lyanna/Rhaegar as far as I know, so I think the scene they had, showing how a dark haired and eyed boy (Rhaego/Jon) can be born between a Targ (Dany/Rhaegar) and a dark haired and eyed man (Drogo/Lyanna), and his location is at the Wall is a pretty good replacement.

As for the other throne room scene: Dany will more than likely win the second Dance of Dragons (Aegon will die), but there's a far more urgent thing going on in the North that will stop her from putting her butt in that chair. Double meaning of snow? Would be cool.

That's what it made me think of. I can easily see your argument being the case, but I couldn't help but think of Dany's vision of Drogo Beyond the Wall as anything more than fan-service to ensure Dany fans that her happiness exists Beyond The Wall.

And, yes, that was the ship I was talking of. No, thank you.

Archived