AA Reborn and the (intenional) vagueness of prophecy

jandslegate

I've been thinking about how there are all these seeds planted for various characters and how they all 'could' end up being the true Hero Reborn. This is essentially just speculation (or crackpottery) run rampant but here are a couple I thought of. I don't really subscribe to any of these, but it's more an exercise in forcing puzzle pieces to fit per se.

Tyrion:

1. AA first forges his sword and tempers it in water.

Tyrion is sent to KL to bring order to Joffrey's chaos as the acting Hand of the King. Eventually, Tyrion is charged with defending against Stannis' invasion where his mettle is tested at the Battle of Blackwater. He succeeds in the defense, but his power is ultimately shattered and he is sent back to the drawing board, so to speak.

2. AA then forges his sword and tempers it in the heart of a lion.

Tyrion, not being one to stay down does his best to recuperate from his previous setback. Slowly he rebuilds his own sort of 'power', but mainly is just playing a game of survival. For this one we would have to assume the lion is the obvious choice: Lannister. It would be fair to say that the heart of the Lannister legacy is Tywin. Tyrion most certainly pierces the heart of the lion, but it ends in failure and he still must flee. His hopes again shattered.

3. AA next forges the sword for the third and final time. Enter Nissa Nissa.

Tyrion's Nissa Nissa could be the death of his mother, but if so then where's his magic flaming sword? Although I'm sure he would have loved to have known his mother, it's not quite the same degree of sacrifice. Perhaps Shae was Nissa, but even despite his feelings for her she was not his true love. I don't have anything else to go on for this one, but if Tyrion were to happen to cross paths with Tysha again in his upcoming adventures I'd think she'd do well to avoid sharp objects while in his presence.

I don`t get this. What`s Tyrion`s Lightbringer in this theory? And also, the order is completely wrong - water, lion, Nissa Nissa. Tyrion `killed` his mother long before Blackwater or Tywin`s death.

I don`t get this. What`s Tyrion`s Lightbringer in this theory? And also, the order is completely wrong - water, lion, Nissa Nissa. Tyrion `killed` his mother long before Blackwater or Tywin`s death.

Right. I was just pointing out his mother's death only to dispel it. Again, this is more just about how it seems there are so many 'clues' for all sorts of different characters that if you look hard enough one can see whatever they want. I have a few others I was planning on posting later. Not meant to be 'heavy reading' here, just a bit of light hearted speculation.

So it's either Shae or Tysha if he meets her in future?

I would think Tysha if we continued down this line of thought. I don't think the sacrifice of Nissa Nissa has to be a loved one necessarily, but instead what one loves the most. Sort of like the price charged by the FM. It's not a set price, it's what 'you' value most.

For example, you could argue that Jon's Nissa sacrifice could very well have been paid when he made his vows (for good) after his brother's brought him back to the wall. I've always felt like family in any sense is what Jon prized most.

Archived