A Dwarf's Perspective On Tyrion Lannister

Woman of War

I still don't understand how you can like someone who helped orchestrate an entire continent wide war, killing tens of thousands, but reject Tyrion for one bad act.

because Littlefinger is an interesting character who hasn't crossed the line I've drawn out for what I won't tolerate. His actions help drive the story and I can't excuse them but I don't try to. I like him anyways. Please tell me how Tyrion raping another person drives the story?

how can I be accused of not understanding things from your side when Tyrion was my third favorite character up until ADWD? When my favorite character is a vile man like Littlefinger? I understand full well why people like him before he rapes someone. I never will understand continuing to like him afterwards.

Right. You cannot look past that one incidence, and you have problem with others who can, is that what you are saying?

I still do not think it was a rape.

The main argument people make that it was a rape is that she was disgust by him.

So when whores act that they are not disgusted it is not rape?

I did not notice the rape.

I think you being aggressive with it makes people believe it before seeing the books.

And i am really baffled because you seem pretty serious about this and even it was a rape you see purposly starting a war for the purpose of war more tolerated?

My problem with people who like Tyrion even after ADWD is that if they're still willing to root for a man who rapes a woman, then where the hell is the line supposed to be drawn? If TWOW came out tomorrow and at 3:45 I read that Littlefinger raped someone, by 3:47 I can promise you my name would be changed and my favorite characters list altered.

There are no perfect characters to root for in the series. Tyrion acted criminally and aided in the brutal inhuman rape of the woman he loved. He was an insecure 13 year old dwarf when it happened, prone to second guessing himself and anyone else who showed him the least affection. He lives to learn and regret his actions and his remorse will drive a large part of his narrative in the coming books.

What if he comes to regret it and tries to atone?

there is no atonement in my eyes. That's the whole point. I don't forgive Jaime for what he did to Bran. Or Theon for what he did to those two kids. And I won't forgive Tyrion. I only like Jaime because of what he's done since the Bran incident but he isn't forgiven. And Theon, well, even after losing Little Theon, it wasn't good enough to redeem him IMO. Because he killed kids.

I still do not think it was a rape.

The main argument people make that it was a rape is that she was disgust by him.

So when whores act that they are not disgusted it is not rape?

I did not notice the rape.

I think you being aggressive with it makes people believe it before seeing the books.

And i am really baffled because you seem pretty serious about this and even it was a rape you see purposly starting a war for the purpose of war more tolerated?

I don't condone what LF did and it's unforgivable but his actions drives the narrative and makes the story. It could well be hypocrisy on my part but if so, than it is what it is.

There are no perfect characters to root for in the series. Tyrion acted criminally and aided in the brutal inhuman rape of the woman he loved. He was an insecure 13 year old dwarf when it happened, prone to second guessing himself and anyone else who showed him the least affection. He lives to learn and regret his actions and his remorse will drive a large part of his narrative in the coming books.

This is exactly it.

I absolutely do not condone Tyrion's raping of Tysha, and I am very much invested in Tyrion in the hopes that he will somehow atone for his crimes against her.

In fact, it would be a fitting end to see Tyrion die at the hands of Tysha, though this would be too fairytale for GRRM's world.

there is no atonement in my eyes. That's the whole point. I don't forgive Jaime for what he did to Bran. Or Theon for what he did to those two kids. And I won't forgive Tyrion. I only like Jaime because of what he's done since the Bran incident but he isn't forgiven. And Theon, well, even after losing Little Theon, it wasn't good enough to redeem him IMO. Because he killed kids.

Wait I don't get it. You're saying there's nothing Tyrion or Jaime can ever do to get out of your shit list because of their past actions but Petyr creeping on young Sansa, helping in the downfall of her father, killing her aunt... That's ok with you? You've got an interesting moral compass there.

it would in a modern story where the age limit is higher. The great ones relationship with Sansa is creepy at worst.

But even in Westeros, Sansa hasn't come of age. She's 12 or 13 for most of the story, 14 at the most by 300 AL. He's in his early 30s.

Is that creepy? Oh yes. Moreover, I will be very surprised if it doesn't go farther in some horrid way in WoW.

Moreover, didn't Littlefinger conspire in Jeyne Poole's 'training' for her marriage to Ramsay? Her 'training' was apparently such that she has whip marks on her back and claims to know how to please a man. Perhaps no penetration is involved since they want to keep her a virgin bride, but did Littlefinger apparently conspire in what sounds like horrendous sexual abuse? I would say so.

This is exactly it.

I absolutely do not condone Tyrion's raping of Tysha, and I am very much invested in Tyrion in the hopes that he will somehow atone for his crimes against her.

In fact, it would be a fitting end to see Tyrion die at the hands of Tysha, though this would be too fairytale for GRRM's world.

please, don't mistake me for accusing anyone of condoning rape. I'm well aware nobody condones that. I'm simply irritated that people like the guy despite that. I don't know. Maybe Tyrion fans feel the same way about him that I do about Littlefinger. But for me, Littlefinger could very well fall on my shit list if he went that far over the line.

Wait I don't get it. You're saying there's nothing Tyrion or Jaime can ever do to get out of your shit list because of their past actions but Petyr creeping on young Sansa, helping in the downfall of her father, killing her aunt... That's ok with you? You've got an interesting moral compass there.

None of those actions are okay except for killing Lysa to protect Sansa.

He's not protecting her. He's manipulating her life and her circumstances. Controlling absolutely every part of her environment.

his killing Lysa was in defense of Sansa, who Lysa meant to harm. Even if his intentions weren't to protect her, that's the end result and is technically self-defense

Everyone who had sex with a slave in Essos is a rapist?

Whats your argument that it was rape? Id like to hear it again, maybe i am wrong.

Yes. Non consensual sex is rape in any circumstance, culture, age, in fiction or in the real world.

Archived