Heart warming moments?

~DarkHorse~

yes fuzzy hearts :)

I added it up. If someone thinks of someone or something a zillion times, it's got to mean something. It must, it must, it must. I'm convinced GRRM has a checklist on his writing desk for these things.

Arya chapter.

Has she mentioned Jon Snow yet?

Do it.

Jon messed up her hair. “I will miss you, little sister.”

She wanted Jon to muss up her hair and call her “little sister” and finish her sentences with her.

“Most nights it’s my father, but sometimes it’s Robb instead, or my little sister Arya, or my uncle.”

She would have given anything if Jon had been here to call her “little sister” and muss her hair.

She wished somehow they could come to the Wall before Winterfell, so Jon might muss up her hair and call her “little sister.”

Jon had never met anyone so stubborn, except maybe for his little sister Arya.

He used to muss my hair and call me ‘little sister.’

She wondered if he would still call her “little sister.”

“The pointy end.” Jon had told his little sister something like that once, he remembered.

He’ll call me “little sister” and muss my hair.

Needle was Jon Snow’s smile. He used to mess my hair and call me “little sister,” she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes.

In another place, his little sister lifted her head to sing to the moon, and a hundred small grey cousins broke off their hunt to sing with her.

“He’s to marry Arya Stark. My little sister.” Jon could almost see her in that moment, long-faced and gawky, all knobby knees and sharp elbows, with her dirty face and tangled hair.

The thought came unbidden, seizing him with iron teeth, but this was not a woman he cared to be indebted to, not even for his little sister.

“You wanted a way to save your little sister and still hold fast to the honor that means so much to you, to the vows you swore before your wooden god.”

And Arya too, my little sister, wherever she might be. I pray you, let Mance find her and bring her safe to me.

“That’s good.” Jon felt fifteen years old again. Little sister. He rose and donned his cloak.

The girl smiled in a way that reminded Jon so much of his little sister that it almost broke his heart.

Bran has a couple small moments such as him saying how he would pay back the Liddles a hundred fold for the help that man gave him and the reeds, and how he sent food to old nan and hodor at the feast in Winterfell simply because he loved them.

• 6 months later...

Mikken’s mark was on the blade. It’s just a sword. If she needed a sword, there were a hundred under the temple. Needle was too small to be a proper sword, it was hardly more than a toy. She’d been a stupid little girl when Jon had it made for her. “It’s just a sword,” she said, aloud this time...

... but it wasn’t

Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfel ’s grey wal s, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan’s stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow’s smile. He used to mess my hair and call me “little sister,” she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes.

Yea this was a very emotional moment for me, I absolutely loved that she kept needle.

Archived