Stannis ?

then whats the protocol in those situations where there are no blood heirs but theres a surviving wife.

you look for a relative with "house x" blood (example: Harry the Heir)

And if they can find one well… "I got 99 wives but my house' still gone!"

"And when it was discovered that literally every person in Westeros was a bastard, the people came together and said: 'Now isn't all this fighting silly?' And they convened a Great Council, wrote a Constitution, and were thereafter governed by a parliamentary republic, and fought each other nevermore."

And thus ends A Dream of Spring.

Has it been questioned that Stannis might not be a Baratheon?

He is quite different from his brothers both in temperament and in appearance, lacking the thick hair for example. He is smaller and also lacks his brothers passions.

It could explain why he seems to have been marginalised when he was growing up as well.

Ned for example notes that Renly is almost identical to a young Robert, nobody mentions anything about Stannis.

Shirren also lacks the thick,very dark Baratheon hair.

I think it works best with he being indeed a full Baratheon, meaningless as that distinction actually is.

It helps in underscoring how little blood means, and the deep irony of he causing so much destruction and sorrow in the name of the very blood relationships that he ultimately despises.

"And when it was discovered that literally every person in Westeros was a bastard, the people came together and said: 'Now isn't all this fighting silly?' And they convened a Great Council, wrote a Constitution, and were thereafter governed by a parliamentary republic, and fought each other nevermore."

And thus ends A Dream of Spring.

:like:

Unfortunately, that's just too sweet of an ending...no bitterness at all involved.

Archived