The Myrcella problem.

Cersei should have raised her kids to react to being offered a crown the same way that they'd react a stranger offering them candy to get in his van. "Just say 'no'," campaigns and everything. That way, when Arianne offered Myrcella a crown Myrcella would have known to shove her away and run to tell an adult (Prince Doran).

Remember the name of the chapter that culminated in Darkstar slashing Myrcella's face...

The Queenmaker, yes, but their plot failed... She has to actually be crowned in gold for it to fulfill it IMO. Now if something similar to what happened to Viserys happened to her, then I'd be willing to call that fulfilled, but not a failed attempt to name her queen, and a failed attempt to kill her.

Unless people are just thinking it's referring to hair color, but both of her brothers were actually crowned.

Of course, it's been awhile since I read that chapter, so it's extremely likely I could have missed something.

Cersei should have raised her kids to react to being offered a crown the same way that they'd react a stranger offering them candy to get in his van. "Just say 'no'," campaigns and everything. That way, when Arianne offered Myrcella a crown Myrcella would have known to shove her away and run to tell an adult (Prince Doran).

:agree: A lot of mothers should have raised their kids like that. But then there's enough of the grown ups who can't say no neither to crown nor candy.

Archived