House Casterly?

Masamune

Do you think we'll ever learn any more about House Casterly, either in the remaining novels or supplementary material? Currently, we have no knowledge of their sigil or their words. I'd love to find out more about the original Lords of the Rock before they were supplanted by the Lannisters.

I think we might get a bit more information on them in AWOIAF book, maybe what their words and sigil was and how Lann the Clever tricked them out, but not that much.

:agree: I really want to know how Lann got the Rock from them.

:agree: I really want to know how Lann got the Rock from them.

Hehehe, yes that should be a pretty good story. My best guess is that the real events were rather boring: Something along the lines of there was only one Casterly left who drank too much, gambled too much with Lann the Clever and believed in the honour of paying his gambling debts. Lann, being a bit more sober, made sure the bet was fixed before he made it and thus won it and Casterly Rock was his including arms/sigil and possibly the words. As this is a boring and sad story, I have no doubt that the singers and story tellers have used all those millenia well to embellish it and to make it more colourful. :cool4:

Hehehe, yes that should be a pretty good story. My best guess is that the real events were rather boring: Something along the lines of there was only one Casterly left who drank too much, gambled too much with Lann the Clever and believed in the honour of paying his gambling debts. Lann, being a bit more sober, made sure the bet was fixed before he made it and thus won it and Casterly Rock was his including arms/sigil and possibly the words. As this is a boring and sad story, I have no doubt that the singers and story tellers have used all those millenia well to embellish it and to make it more colourful. :cool4:

Sounds plausible!

Archived